“So amazing I am planning my destination wedding here!!! Five Diamond All the Way”

Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
Ranked #14 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I won't be redundent I will just get straight to the point!!

This place is amazing and the perfect place for my destination wedding. The whole resort is so large I don't feel as though I am locked in. Tortuga Bay has the activities and long beach of a resort like the Half Moon (but way better), the service of a Ritz Carlton, and the chic designer style of the Round Hill Hotel and Villas. It also great because if you want to exit seclusion you can use the other services of the Punta Cana Resort and Club which is on property. The Punta Cana resort is a great option for other guests for a wedding who cannot afford the steep costs at Tortuga Bay. Food was excellent service was amazing (including VIP pickup and drop off! They also just got the Five Diamond Award (the only hotel in DR to do so!!)

But we all can do better so just a few tips. The beach is beautiful but the seaweed did begin to pile up. While every morning I saw many people raking only two people were picking up the piles with little mini barrels with a lot of beach to cover. They were working very hard but maybe the resort could get more people to pick up the piles after they have been raked or invest in a machine to do a quick rake and then have people go over it? (I think Cap Jaluca has one in Anguilla).

The beach staff was also amazing very friendly and always service with a smile. but maybe there could be two beach attendants so while one person is off taking orders there is always another person there to cover new comers to the beach. But the resort is still amazing!!!!! Book a trip there today!!!

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank girlygirl81
Puntacana Resor... a, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Mrs. girlygirl81,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the Tortuga Bay. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2010

This hotel is the best option in the Punta Cana area. We were uppgraded to an oceanfront room with an amazing view. Service was impeccable, food is excellent and room amenities are also great. Nice plasma TV with many channels in different languages, fast internet connection, extremely comfortable bed, good a/c system. I do not have enough words to say how pleased we were with Tortuga Bay. For sure we will return in not too long.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Guido26,

Reviewed 28 June 2010

This was our second experience here and what can I tell you but, don't bother to go anywhere else if you are truly looking for service, exclusivity, privacy and most of all the most gracious staff at any resort in the Caribbean bar none. This is the place for you if you want to feel as if you are the only guests at a resort . The villas are well furnished and well maintained. The beaches are breath taking and secluded. The food at Bamboo is exceptional and the staff will overwhelm you with first rate service. The new golf course, Corralles ,(a Fazio design), is by far the finest in the Carribean, and I have played them all. Jay Overton and his staff have set out to create an exclusive golf experience including a new PB Dye course set to debut in the next year. I cannot say enough how we enjoy this place. From the exclusive airport pick up to the time they drop you off in the VIP lounge for your trip home, they do not miss a step. If luxury and incredible service are not your thing then there are plenty of all inclusives around.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank hhbrrooks

Dear Mr./Mrs. hhbrrooks,

Reviewed 22 June 2010

Spectacular service, rooms and location. Staff go out of there way to please (including climbing a palm tree to retrieve my sons baseball). This, by far, tops any place that I have stayed at before (many Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton's).

Ideal for families or groups of friends who want to get away from it all.

Upgraded to 2 br beachfront. Amazing!

Hang out at the beach front clubhouse every day for lunch = Paradise.

Kids loved the golf carts.

Breakfast each morning on our patio.

The natural springs were beautiful.

Rock star airport treatment.

Pictures on website don't do this place justice. Too many other great things to mention...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Dear Mr./Mrs. The_Cart_Toronto,

Reviewed 14 June 2010

At the risk of being repetitive, I must agree with all of the wonderful things others have said about this gem of a resort. During our stay at Tortuga Bay, we felt like the very fortunate guests of a friend with a luxurious beachfront villa. My husband and I have traveled throughout the Caribbean (Sandy Lane in Barbados, CuisinArt and Cap Juluca in Anguilla, Point Grace in Turks and Caicos) and we have never experienced such consistently warm, attentive, and genuinely friendly service. Every person we encountered demonstrated a personal commitment to service that far exceeded expectations. From our managers, Victor, Laura, and Karin...to the staff at Bamboo (especially Maximo and Luis)...to our gracious friend on the beach, Ezequiel...everyone took special care to anticipate our needs and ensure that we felt like honored guests. We celebrated our anniversary there, and the surprise cake and strolling singers that were presented to us at La Yola and the candlelit bubble bath that awaited us when we returned from dinner are just two examples of the many "extras" that we enjoyed during our stay. While the service deserves special recognition, the setting was equally beautiful and so private. Yes, a few little things could be improved (more comfortable beach loungers, and more menu variety). But we can say with certainty that this was one of our most memorable getaways. In our first visit to the Dominican Republic, we found a new home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple