Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$525
US$292
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$771
US$523
Bookit.com
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$248
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Portblue Le Sivory Punta Cana(Uvero Alto)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$266
US$216
US$169
Barcelo.com
US$395
US$288
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$378
US$279
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$276
6,578 results
All reviewsroyal sideinfinity poolpiano barcata tapathalassa restauranttapas restaurantthe sea blue restauranttao catrodeo steak housejuice barroyal guestsla toscanayucacalifornia rollswim up barsister resortsea grass
Reviewed 16 October 2010

After searching and doing my "homework" for a long time, we picked this hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary. It was wonderful! The staff was very friendly (the concierge sent us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary, the maid left chocolates for us every night). The room was beautiful and comfortable (except for the humidity, but that comes with the tropics). We stayed at the adults only side. Very quiet. The food at the restaurants was delicious. It's mainly Spanish cuisine. I loved the "Salmorejo" soup and the tapas at the Tapas restaurant.
The only thing we didn't like is that smoking is allowed basically anywhere. Also there was an issue with the wi-fi service.
It's a place we would come back to without a doubt.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WayfaringGirl
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Every thing was just great . You could see the Food and beverage manager Luis Cessio moving around making sure every single minute that Catalania Royal gests were happy with the food and the service in restorante . the resort was very romantic
The hotel rooms clean and very comfortable. Is was cheaper than the values this resort had . One small remark the picture taken from hotel stuff were very expensive. I will recomand this hotel to every one I know. I already did recomended to my son .

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tirana97
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We ended up booking this hotel after being bumped from our original booking in Mexico and booked this resort on our travel agents recommendations. What can I say, this a great spot.
We had upgraded to a Superior Jr. Suite, and it was worth the upgrade. Our room was beautiful and luxurious, made our vacation away from our kids very romantic. We found the staff at this hotel incredible. Have some fun with them, get to know them and they are a blast. Maybe some people are just too stuffy! Now I did find the maids coming in at any and all times a little odd, but always for a reason, so we just dealt. Bottom line we had great service from wait staff, bar staff and the maids. The beds were new and very comfortable and there is a pillow menu to suit your needs as well.
The food was awesome, the best of any resort in the carribean we have visited thus far.
The pools are both really nice and the pool bar was a blast in the late afternoons after a long day in the sun. We met some wonderful people from all over at the beach bar, and had a very social vacation.
We met a couple at the Executive Suites (pool suites) and they were quite happy, just beware of privacy issues if thats what you were expecting.
Really the only negative of our entire vacation was the beach, and its not that bad. That being said, I prefer a more secluded location and crystal blue waters. Punta Cana is not a secluded location and sometimes lying on the beach felt like you were a little on display for all the beach walkers from other resorts (and the Catalonia next door).
We had a wonderful time and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janebird
PuntaCanaCabezaToro, General Manager at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Catalonia Royal Bavaro in the future.

Sincerly,

Josep Castellnou

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Just returned form CRB 10/10/10. Resort itself was very beautiful. I have read a lot of good points on previous reviews so I will mostly touch on bad.
We had one of the excliusive suites with pool and would highly recomend room. I think it would be good as well if going with other couples for one couple to get this room as party central. Room was just as pictured on site very clean, spacious, beautiful and luxurious. The suite's patio opens onto courtyard and is not private. The walkway to the infinity pool and beach is at the front of your private pool at eye level and everyone looks at pool,patio,and room as they walk by.
Food was above average for an all inclusive. I have never been to an all inlcusive resort that I have not been sick during my stay until now. We preferred the buffet on the royal side for breakfast, pizza for lunch and rotiserrie chicken for lunch at family side pool was great..The worse resaurant was the steak where it was very tired looking and needed a major face lift.I have to admit though that steak was slightly overcooked but very tastey. As previously reported what you read on menu wasn"t always what you got . Cesar salad consisted of iceburg lettace with a creamy dressing (not like cesar) and with chicken on top that was very nicely cooked. Good but not cesar salad.
Where the quality ended was on service. I have read previously about recieving poolside/ and on the beach sevice for drinks, We didn;t see this once. It would go a long way for a waitress to go on beach even with a tray of assorted drinks if they didn't want to do orders. Another problem was a lot of severs do not have a large command of english.I know there are many different nationalities that visit resort but for something as simple as ordering a cup of tea was difficult at times.
At each meal we had some problem with service Something was always missed. Forgotten orders of eggs then eventually came overcooked on two occassions, forgetting coffee, silverware, or missed orders,. I'm not tring to be nit picky but some servers just didn't seem to care. We waited once for service for drinks for fifteen minutes at royal side pool bar and it was not very busy. When he did serve us we couldn"t have any drink but only what was on the menu and any drink with bananas we couldn't have because he ran out of bananas and he didn't want to go for more.
The weather was very good except for one afternoon of an extreme downpour that flooded paths in the resort that turned them into 6 to 12 in rivers in parts which made the paths extremely slippery since they are painted. Saw several people fall.
Beach was lovely ,sand was beautiful and snorkling off beach was good We took some fish from lunch buffet to feed to fish while snorkling which broufght out a large variety of fish.
The dealers at the casino could be a little less business and a little more freindly.I swear we didn"t see one smile from any staff member in the casino.
Overall I think I would recommend this resort but to truly bring it to a 5 star they need to encourage english lessons and step up service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fisherbeader
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed at Royal Bavaro September 20-27th for our Honeymoon. The resort was perfect for what we were looking for. The Royals side is definitely quiet and peaceful. We spent our days there on the beach and by the pools and then went over to the main resort at night for some nightlife. The pools on the Catalonia side are both great and offer different vibes. The infinity pool offers a view of the beach and is right next to the sea blue restaurant where we ate lunch everyday. The other pool features a swim up bar.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food. We ate at every restaurant. The Tapas restaurant on the Royal side was easily our favorite, but the Italian, Japanese steakhouse and Mexican places were also good. The American restaurant was not great but okay. We had low expectations going in as far as food goes and were pleasantly surprised. We ate at the main buffet on the main side of the resort once and didn't like it very much but the great thing about the Royal side is you can eat at any restaurant any night and not worry about making reservations.

The drinks were good and we were pleasantly surprised that they served good brands of hard liquor. The casino is small but if you want to play a little black jack or some slots it does the job. We only went to the disco one night and it wasn't really our scene but most of the people were having a great time.

The beach is beautiful. It was a little windy because of the season but we were able to snorkel right off the shore. Some people complain about the seaweed. I found that they did a great job of clearing the beach throughout the day.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tim11mc

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review!

It was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Catalonia Royal Bavaro in the not too distant future.

Best regards,