Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$427
US$225
US$385
US$285
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$367/night.

Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$288
US$266
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$163
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$457
US$295
Book now, pay at stay
US$216
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$292
  • Breakfast included
Portblue Le Sivory Punta Cana(Uvero Alto)(Great Value!)
US$381
US$289
US$771
US$502
Cancelon
4,700 results
All reviewsbutler bayronamaya restaurantroom servicedominican breakfasthorseback ridingour honeymoonpersonal butlerlaundry servicelobby barplunge poolrelaxing vacationbug spraythatched roofwelcome homesmall resortocean frontspa treatments
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We arrived after a 1-hour "soso"ride at the Zoetry Hotel knowing not much about it (we decided to leave a few days before). What a pleasant surprise ... no one was waiting for you with a glass of "faux champagne"! We were greeted at the reception by of team of professionals. It took exactly 5 minutes ! And we did not have to wear this ugly "bracelet" that other resorts impose on you.

Room Tip: Suites no.3 is perfect (on a small "serpentine"swimming pool
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We left Zoetry "Agua" (as the locals call it) yesterday. As we were boarding the plane (literally) my husband realized that he had left behind his wedding band in our room. A phone call to the resort from the tarmac was picked up by Eduard, who had provided excellent service throughout our stay. He assured me he would run over to our room and look for the ring. Sure enough, 5 minutes later (still on the tarmac), Eduard called and Lupiri emailed to say the ring had been located and they would get it to us as quickly and safely as possible. Now, our experience of the staff and of the Dominican people in general, is that they are friendly, helpful, kind people, but this level of honesty and service feels unparalleled...we are so grateful.

We stayed at Zoetry for 4 nights as a couple needing a couples getaway, and that's exactly what we got. The entire Zoetry setting--from reception to room to beach to restaurant was perfect. We appreciated the detail to our room each day (rose petals), the caring nature of staff we regularly encountered (Juan, Rosalina, Eduard, Joanna, Fernando, to mention a few--wish I knew more names) and those we briefly encountered (landscaping, pool cleaning, beach raking, etc.) all worked as a team and bent over backwards to make sure we thoroughly felt welcomed and enjoyed our stay.

We left every meal feeling stuffed (they make sure your glass is always full), only to jump into one of the beautiful pools, play a game of tennis, walk on the beach, or hang out on our beautiful balcony. We did wish for more authentic Dominican cuisine on site, as we know we weren't eating what staff would eat and that's something we would have enjoyed.

We made it into the community one day on an excursion set up for us by Eduard in reception (Bavarro Runners). We really appreciated this day-long trip to see what Dominican life is really like. It was both fun and informative and a great way to spend a day.

This is not a great place to bring young kids. Though the staff itself was welcoming of the child, it was obvious the mom wasn't enjoying herself and was stressed over normal kid stuff in an otherwise romantic dinner setting. If we were to go back with our young children, we'd find a different resort and plan another couples-only stay at Zoetry another time.

I'm trying to think if we have anything critical to add...we're thinking hard...and can't come up with anything. This place, its location/landscaping, entire staff, the whole experience is AMAZING. Can we go back now??

Oh, and while our gratuities were included, we did tip freely ($1 every couple rounds of drinks; $2-3 for dinner service; $2 per nightly room cleaning service) because it's something we wanted to do. I think it was greatly appreciated, but I don't think our service would have been any different had we not added this gratuity. You'll want to tip--bring lots of $1s.

Room Tip: We had room #45--garden balcony. We appreciated not having oceanfront due to the wind and afternoon showers.
2  Thank Kerry S
patriciaguadalupe, Public Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay at Zoetry Agua, I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Best,

Guadalupe Olguin (lupiri )

Reviewed 18 November 2011

If ANYONE has a bad review to write about Zoetry Punta Cana, they are either delirious or never satisfied with anything. This resort was an absolute gem. I cannot wait to go back. To go back again with my husband, again with friends, again with our parents, again and again. The place is gorgeoaus. It is taken care of so well and so unique. The food served at its restaurants is beautiful, let alone, scrumptious!!! They have daily activities to offer, including horseback riding on the beach. Okay and here goes for my favorite and absolute best part of the entire hotel...THE STAFF! What an amazing staff!!! They are the main reason we will go back again and again. The staff at hotels are always expected to be friendl, but the staff at Zoetry, and this goes for EVERYONE, is not only friendly but GENUINE! They put a smile on my face everyday and they go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied during your stay and most of all, they make sure your stay is memorable. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a GREAT room! Trust me!!!!!
3  Thank Daniella B

We are delighted to hear you had pleasant stay with us from our beautiful resort to our good staff.
If you have any recommendation for us to improve we would appreciate to hear them all.
Hope to see you soon,

Best regards,

Guadalupe Olguin

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I want to start by saying that this resort is beautiful and the service is wonderful. You could not have gotten a better staff. The food was amazing. The room service and bar were exceptional. However, we were the wedding the same day as the last reviewer from New York. And they were right. Susana is HORRIBLE!!!! She lacked in everyway. I did not get things that I requested months in advance. I did not know when or where my wedding was going to be. I did not get half the things in my package and they did not offer to reduce the price. However, after the last review I am seeking some of my money back. I now feel like they stole from me and my husband. She did not do half the things that were promised. I tried not to complain because the staff was so wonderful, but now I am more than mad. My mother did say something very politely to the GM, but he just apologized and at no point did he offer to refund or give me anything back. I would go back and visit this resort as long as I would not have to deal with Susana. I had to track her down several times and she made me wait. We had a small wedding party of 6 and she still could not get it right. I hate to see that the New York party had so much trouble as well. It is such a shame because the other staff are so wonderful that it really tarnishes this resort. I agree with the last review that you can visit this place, BUT DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE!

7  Thank Karlie H
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for your review.

We have noted down all the Deficiencies and have already taken the necessary measures to improve our Wedding Coordination standards.

Please e-mail me at your convenience– ABerthelot@ZoetryResorts.com – so that we may further work things out directly.

Meanwhile, I remain…Thanks again, best regards & till soon !

Alain BERTHELOT / Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 November 2011

The reviews of Zoetry do seem to tell the tale of two resorts. Superlative reviews alongside dreadful ones. For us, my new wife and I, we found both to be true during our wedding weekend...but make sure you read all the way to the end...

The staff is, unanimously, so friendly and welcoming and eager to please that they really do feel like a family. They know your name, your favorite drinks, and their genuine positivity is infectious. Big mentions here to Juan, Fernando and Carlos Manuel, but really the entire staff on the floor was excellent.
The food, as prepared lovingly and professionally by Chef Hector, is the saving grace of this resort. The meals he specially prepared for our wedding, and our special dinner on the beach, will stay with us the rest of our lives. He designed a unique dessert that could have only been served for us, and it made our guests squeal with delight. Lupita, the F&B mgr, was also a total pro.
The only noticeable exception to the food quality was the lobster - consistently overcooked and mushy every single time, for multiple guests in our group. Still trying to figure that one out.
The rooms were lovely, the grounds exquisite. A visual feast for the senses.

And that's where the pros end. Unfortunately, those positives, which would have earned a five-star review in any other circumstance, were so outshadowed by the UNBELIEVABLY HORRID wedding coordination we suffered, and nearly ruined our wedding.

Susana, the "wedding coordinator", is a sweet young woman, but has NO wedding experience, and ruined nearly every detail of our wedding. Flowers, place settings, lighting, event starts, welcome gifts, spa appointments, and every detail which she was entrusted to carry out was botched. She made excuses, blamed others, and never took any responsibility.
One example of the complete cluelessness involved - she showed up to our reception (having entirely missed the actual ceremony, and forcing me, the groom, to coordinate the ceremony myself) nearly 45 minutes late, and wearing a T-shirt to a semi-formal affair. By then, the band was wondering when to play their sets, the kitchen didnt know when to serve the courses, and the guests were just confused.
One more example - the place cards for the guests had their seating assignments omitted, so that our guests were left wandering around trying to figure out, on their own, where to sit, at which point, we had to shout out across the room - 'ok, just sit wherever you like'.
And one more - the florist/subcontractor hired by the hotel to design our wedding menus, flowers and other details never delivered any of the materials she was paid for, and Susana, who knew the materials weren't coming at least 3 days before the wedding, never felt it was important to tell us.
At least the GM was aware enough after the fact of the myriad disasters Susana allowed to occur, and refunded nearly the entire cost of the wedding to us, but honestly, who wants to go through this on their most special of days?

To sum up...feel free to stay there for a relaxing vacation, but unless you want frustration, anger and tears, GET MARRIED SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank asongulove

Dear Mark:

Many thanks for your feedback and kind compliments towards our staff.

May I reiterate our full acceptance of your comments.

Concerning your disappointment at many facets of your Wedding’s coordination, please be advised that your pertinent assessment has helped us make decisions as to fix this side of our business ASAP, so that our next events will be a success.

Thanks again, best regards & till soon !

Alain BERTHELOT / Hotel Manager