“Intimate, Luxurious, Boutique All-Inclusives Do Exist!”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana for a week at the very end of September 2011. I was very impressed! It is a secluded, beautifully manicured, 50 suite oasis designed to soothe your cares away. When I first arrived at the property I was worried it would be too quiet for me, since I have enjoyed the atmosphere of the larger Secrets resorts, but I fell in love with this place. It was like I had my own private resort with a bunch of friends.

It was a blast. It was so intimate that it allowed me to really get to know all of the warm and delightful people who work there, and build great friendships with the other couples but I discovered you can make it crazy and fun whenever you want to, and also be peaceful and calm whenever you wish. It is all up to you!

One the many highlights of each day was meeting at the lobby bar each night where we were hosted by the most entertaining bartender I've ever met, Gregorio. Then my favorite part- dancing bachata, meringue and salsa to the to the music of the fantastic band with the brothers Ramon and Christian singing. Sometimes, when I didn't have a dance partner, the band members would dance with me and sing at the same time- or the bartender, concierge, or other staff would graciously oblige me.

During the day, there are many activities offered that are included. I highly recommend taking advantage of yoga on the beach with Sandra. I never liked yoga before! Sandra is an incredible instructor who I got to know very well. I only wish she could come back with me! Horseback riding on the beach is also included, and a fantastic experience. Moses took me out sailing on Hobie cats when I felt the urge, Vladimir took me snorkeling, and I ended each day in the spa’s hydrotherapy pool. The treatments were great, especially the massage therapy. A 20 minute session is included, but you will definitely want more.

Of the 50 suites, we stayed in an oceanfront suite with a plunge pool. It was very large and open. I liked that the bathroom & bidet were not connected or in the same room as the shower and bathtub; they were on either side of the double vanity. It was constantly cleaned, and our laundry was done with no extra charge. The food was of a very high standard, and the room service was always delicious.

There are too many people to mention and thank, but here are just a few of the many people who made this trip so special:

Gregorio
Janet
Christian, Ramon, Albert
Moses
“Coffee boy”

If you want to refresh yourself in a romantic, intimate, luxurious setting, and if you are okay with being spoiled, I would look no further. The only suggestion I could make is to bring good old American bug spray if you are the type that mosquitoes love. I don’t think theirs is quite as strong as ours. My companion didn’t have one bite all week, whereas I came back with many itchy souvenirs!

Besides a bug bite or two, there was nothing about this vacation that didn’t far surpass my expectations. Although, I must warn you not to let Gregorio pour you too much “mama juana” or else you may not remember your trip! Please feel free to e-mail me any specific questions. I send my sincerest thanks to the entire staff and hope to be back again soon.

Happy Travels!

Room Tip: Ocean front suites can't be beat!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emmypar
patriciaguadalupe, Public Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you very much for your comments, I will make sure all the staffl will be recognized for his wonderful job.
Hope to see you soon.
Regards

Guadalupe Olguin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,438)

Reviewed 20 November 2011

We arrived after a 1-hour "soso"ride at the Zoetry Hotel knowing not much about it (we decided to leave a few days before). What a pleasant surprise ... no one was waiting for you with a glass of "faux champagne"! We were greeted at the reception by of team of professionals. It took exactly 5 minutes ! And we did not have to wear this ugly "bracelet" that other resorts impose on you.

Room Tip: Suites no.3 is perfect (on a small "serpentine"swimming pool
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We left Zoetry "Agua" (as the locals call it) yesterday. As we were boarding the plane (literally) my husband realized that he had left behind his wedding band in our room. A phone call to the resort from the tarmac was picked up by Eduard, who had provided excellent service throughout our stay. He assured me he would run over to our room and look for the ring. Sure enough, 5 minutes later (still on the tarmac), Eduard called and Lupiri emailed to say the ring had been located and they would get it to us as quickly and safely as possible. Now, our experience of the staff and of the Dominican people in general, is that they are friendly, helpful, kind people, but this level of honesty and service feels unparalleled...we are so grateful.

We stayed at Zoetry for 4 nights as a couple needing a couples getaway, and that's exactly what we got. The entire Zoetry setting--from reception to room to beach to restaurant was perfect. We appreciated the detail to our room each day (rose petals), the caring nature of staff we regularly encountered (Juan, Rosalina, Eduard, Joanna, Fernando, to mention a few--wish I knew more names) and those we briefly encountered (landscaping, pool cleaning, beach raking, etc.) all worked as a team and bent over backwards to make sure we thoroughly felt welcomed and enjoyed our stay.

We left every meal feeling stuffed (they make sure your glass is always full), only to jump into one of the beautiful pools, play a game of tennis, walk on the beach, or hang out on our beautiful balcony. We did wish for more authentic Dominican cuisine on site, as we know we weren't eating what staff would eat and that's something we would have enjoyed.

We made it into the community one day on an excursion set up for us by Eduard in reception (Bavarro Runners). We really appreciated this day-long trip to see what Dominican life is really like. It was both fun and informative and a great way to spend a day.

This is not a great place to bring young kids. Though the staff itself was welcoming of the child, it was obvious the mom wasn't enjoying herself and was stressed over normal kid stuff in an otherwise romantic dinner setting. If we were to go back with our young children, we'd find a different resort and plan another couples-only stay at Zoetry another time.

I'm trying to think if we have anything critical to add...we're thinking hard...and can't come up with anything. This place, its location/landscaping, entire staff, the whole experience is AMAZING. Can we go back now??

Oh, and while our gratuities were included, we did tip freely ($1 every couple rounds of drinks; $2-3 for dinner service; $2 per nightly room cleaning service) because it's something we wanted to do. I think it was greatly appreciated, but I don't think our service would have been any different had we not added this gratuity. You'll want to tip--bring lots of $1s.

Room Tip: We had room #45--garden balcony. We appreciated not having oceanfront due to the wind and afternoon...
2  Thank Kerry S
patriciaguadalupe, Public Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay at Zoetry Agua, I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Best,

Guadalupe Olguin (lupiri )

Reviewed 18 November 2011

If ANYONE has a bad review to write about Zoetry Punta Cana, they are either delirious or never satisfied with anything. This resort was an absolute gem. I cannot wait to go back. To go back again with my husband, again with friends, again with our parents, again and again. The place is gorgeoaus. It is taken care of so well and so unique. The food served at its restaurants is beautiful, let alone, scrumptious!!! They have daily activities to offer, including horseback riding on the beach. Okay and here goes for my favorite and absolute best part of the entire hotel...THE STAFF! What an amazing staff!!! They are the main reason we will go back again and again. The staff at hotels are always expected to be friendl, but the staff at Zoetry, and this goes for EVERYONE, is not only friendly but GENUINE! They put a smile on my face everyday and they go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied during your stay and most of all, they make sure your stay is memorable. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a GREAT room! Trust me!!!!!
3  Thank Daniella B

We are delighted to hear you had pleasant stay with us from our beautiful resort to our good staff.
If you have any recommendation for us to improve we would appreciate to hear them all.
Hope to see you soon,

Best regards,

Guadalupe Olguin

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I want to start by saying that this resort is beautiful and the service is wonderful. You could not have gotten a better staff. The food was amazing. The room service and bar were exceptional. However, we were the wedding the same day as the last reviewer from New York. And they were right. Susana is HORRIBLE!!!! She lacked in everyway. I did not get things that I requested months in advance. I did not know when or where my wedding was going to be. I did not get half the things in my package and they did not offer to reduce the price. However, after the last review I am seeking some of my money back. I now feel like they stole from me and my husband. She did not do half the things that were promised. I tried not to complain because the staff was so wonderful, but now I am more than mad. My mother did say something very politely to the GM, but he just apologized and at no point did he offer to refund or give me anything back. I would go back and visit this resort as long as I would not have to deal with Susana. I had to track her down several times and she made me wait. We had a small wedding party of 6 and she still could not get it right. I hate to see that the New York party had so much trouble as well. It is such a shame because the other staff are so wonderful that it really tarnishes this resort. I agree with the last review that you can visit this place, BUT DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE!

7  Thank Karlie H
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for your review.

We have noted down all the Deficiencies and have already taken the necessary measures to improve our Wedding Coordination standards.

Please e-mail me at your convenience– ABerthelot@ZoetryResorts.com – so that we may further work things out directly.

Meanwhile, I remain…Thanks again, best regards & till soon !

Alain BERTHELOT / Hotel Manager

Excellence Punta Cana
#13 of 113 in Punta Cana
79.2 km away
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!