4,784 results
All reviewsbutler bayronamaya restaurantroom servicedominican breakfasthorseback ridingspecial lunchour honeymoonpersonal butlerlaundry servicelobby barplunge poolbug sprayrelaxing vacationocean frontthatched roofsmall resortwelcome home
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Zoetry Agua exceeded our expectations. Everything was excellent from the food to the service. The staff was very friendly. The resort has a limited number of rooms so it was nice, quiet, and relaxing. The rooms are very spacious and kept clean. The spa was wonderful and the restaurants were excellent. The grounds and the pool were very well kept. Zoetry provided everything from umbrellas to bug spray. You will not be disappointed with Zoetry Agua. I would recommend it especially to couples and newlyweds. Wonderful place to spend your honeymoon. There were also plenty of activities to do at the resort or excursions for something to do outside of the resort. The beach was also very nice. The resort is a little bit further from the airport than most of the others, but it is worth the extra time to enjoy a more quiet low key resort. Thank you Zoetry for such a great experience!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor closer to the lobby and facing the gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cstelma
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommend our wondrous Paradise, and for taking time to write a comment about your stay, and about everything we offer here.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us, and will be more than a pleasure to have you back in the Center of Peace!

Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

I agree with other reviews...the staff&service are outstanding! Juan Piña (staff) helped us try real Dominican food&amazing music-made such a special trip! Jamie who lead activities..including cooking classes on beach & meringue dance lessons also made our week so fun! We've NEVER had such wonderful service anywhere! Such beautiful grounds& truly unlimited world class food & drinks! A must see&go! Can't wait to go back!

Kristen& Rich (New York)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rcoz128

Dear Ms Kristen,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua for your recent stay in Dominican Republic, and for having posted this review.

All the staff will love to have you back, and bring you the best service possible.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Paradise, right here on earth! Amazing resort and "Over De Top" Staff! It was the most relaxing atmosphere I can remember from any other place I've travelled. The GM, Alan is very approachable and everyone is reasonable and very friendly. The food was very incredible - just the right portions - cooked perfectly with lots to choose from. Thank you all - it was the trip of a lifetime! We shall return...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nancy_Newf
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Ms. Nancy,

Thank you for having taken part of your time to share this review with others, and for this valued comment.

We really appreciate such positive comments about the whole Staff,food, end the entire property.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I just returned from having the pleasure of attending a yoga retreat at the spectacular Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Not knowing what to expect on the ride from the airport to the resort, I was a bit anxious. Upon arrival at this spectacular Caribbean gem, my anxiety immediately slipped away. The incredible GM Alan and his staff greeted us with smiling faces, ready to accommodate our every need; no request was too large or small for the staff at Zoetry Agua. They aim to please and all impressively knew me by name on Day Two!

Grounds were expertly manicured; beaches were clean and accessible; and the pools were kept impeccably crystal clear. That was just the beginning...the food at all three restaurants was exceptional, five-star quality. The dining service was unsurpassed. Fernando, Francisco, and David (just to name a few) were so fun to interact with while dining. The Live Music was phenomenal. I wish I could purchase their music on iTunes! Loved them!!!

All Bars were clean and served only top shelf, refreshing cocktails...I actually looked forward to being entertained by jovial, smiling Diego in the Canoa Lobby Bar each day!

Nicky and her spa staff were just awesome...the spa was lush and, on a personal note, coincidentally used my coveted Natura Bisse skin care line which was the icing on the cake. Spa treatments were so relaxing...I did not want to ever get off the table!

The rooms were well-appointed and very tropically rustic (thatched roofs, plank floors, and tile/glass outdoor showers). Very cool and so authentically Caribbean!!!

All feedback must be balanced, so here we go. the broken mini-fridge and clock in the room were annoying, but not worth complaining about. And...what can you do about horrible mosquitos? It is not the resort's fault! The only other two less-than-positive experiences were a leaky (don't forget they are thatched) roof during two of the tropical storms and a resident cat who would not stop meowing resulting in less than satisfying sleep one night. Despite both of these inconveniences, upon telling Alan about them, the roof was IMMEDIATELY repaired and the cat was swiftly chased away the vicinity of my room! Both issues were taken care of in the blink of an eye. As a thoughtful token of appreciation, twelve ice cold Presidente beers were waiting for us in our suite. The roof and cat were quickly forgotten! (Ha!)

I am so grateful to the one and only Dimitra Yoga in Lewes, DE for coordinating this trip. Combining such amazing yoga instruction with the perfect resort was pure genius! The retreat exceeded my every expectation (and I am not easy to please; trust me!). I absolutely plan to return to Zoetry Agua very soon...I know my spouse would love it as much as I did!

EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF ALAN'S STAFF constantly smiled and was always upbeat! All took the time to personally introduce themselves. Their genuine happiness was literally contagious! Thank you, Zoetry Agua and Dimitra Yoga for a vacation I will never forget!!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kimbeegee
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear Yoga- Guest,

We would like to thank you for share with other this comment, regarding your experience in our Paradise!

We are so proud of our Staff, cause your entire Yoga group enjoyed your special holiday here.

Our Door will be always open for any other visit,

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Just back from 7 days at Zoetry and we had a fabulous time. I had read many of the previous reviews before we travelled and I have to say was slightly concerned regarding some of the very negative ones.

Zoetry is made what it is by its wonderful staff. They are all a credit to the Hotel, themselves and their Country. Sure they occaisionally gets things wrong but generally they are superb. I know its wrong to single out people when there are so many working behind the scenes who you never actually see but David, Juan P, Giordany, Flor, Rosalia and Jamie you were OVER THE TOP (and thats their highhest compliment)!

We had a 'standard' room and I would suggest that is all you need. It is identical to the top end beach front rooms apart, obviously, from the view. Room service was faultless and had no problems at all with the AC. Mini bar re-stocked daily and a call to 222 quickly added any items that were missing. My wife made use of the FREE laundry service and again this was responsive and efficient.

Food in all the restaurants was extremely good - yes the menu was a little limited when there for 7 days but quality and service were very good.

Great beach - plenty of loungers and good and attentive bar service.

Couple of negative points - they do seem to lose the focus of non wedding guests when there is a wedding in progress. On our last night (Saturday) we were told in the bar that there was no white wine - non at all - as it was all shipped to the wedding area. I explained to reception that this was totally unacceptable and it was remedied fairly quickly.

Mosquitoes - yes they are a nuisance but hardly the hotels fault. We took 50% Deet and took anti-histamine tablets daily. Still got bites but not badly and I do think that the anti-histamine tablets greatly reduced the effect of the bites.

Yes wi-fi only worked in Reception - not a problem for me but I guess if you had counted on it working in your room this would have been a problem.

But in general this is a great resort run by great people. If you want a relaxing (night life is non-existent) holiday in beautiful surroundings then you could not go far wrong with Zoetry.

Room Tip: Basic room is absolutely fine. Personally feel the upgrade price is not worth it. We had Room 8 which is midway between reception and beach - perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greybloke

Dear Guest,

Thank you for so kind review regarding our Hotel, you are right is our Staff who make possible every guest satisfaction.

We really sorry for the little inconveniences you experienced, and looking forward to welcoming you again, without any imperfection.

Best regards!