“I really don't understand people who gave bad review”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I chose this place because of the reviews and I DID NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!! We arrived there around 2 PM and first thing they said was "Welcome Home" :) I wish this my home. The property is AMAZING... very well kept. Foods are AMAZING. I have been so many places and I'm very picky with my food but WOW Zoetry Aqua blew my mind away.

I was there with a group of friends (10 of us) for my birthday and it was the best trip of my life. Staff are supper nice (I wish they live closer so we can continue to hang out). Hola! G! Pinya (Pineapple), the pretty lady at the pool & the bartender (We miss you guys)!!! My friend for get the memory cards for her camera and they went out to get her one!!! Also, we wanted to see the Redskins game together, they sent they technician guy to our room to help us moved the TV to the partio so we all can watch the game together. THANK YOU!!!

Anyway .. there are some downsides ... first, the resort is pretty far from everything. We were planning to go to the Imagine Club but after thinking about 40 minutes drive on a dirt road in the dark we ended up cancel it and stay in at the resort. Second, there is no check out time so when we got there the room wasn't ready. I wish I take my swim suite out so at least I can go hang out at the pool while we were waiting for the room.

We don't have any problem with any bugs AT ALL. I put on Avon skin so soft bugs guard and I have zero bite. I husband had may be 3 bites because he didn't put anything spray on so i don't understand why people said they have to bath in OFF.

Summary:
1. Food is amazing!!!
2. Not all 3 restaurant Olena, Indigo and Amaya open at the same time (only 2 open each day).
3. Amaya serves breakfast (brunch on sunday) & dinner: Try lobster & lobster bisque ... Leche cake is also amazing.
4. Olena serve dinner only: Steak, Fish & Lobster Roll are really good (avoid sweet papaya and Thai soup, they are not so good). Men required long pants.
5. Indigo serves lunch and dinner: Pizza is ok, Fried Chicken is good, be nice to staff and the chef might make you yummy Paella :P, Red Snapper is amazing, and Passion fruit mouse is to die for.. ummmmm.
6. Book your 20 minutes free massage in advance same as horse back riding. They book up pretty fast.
7. Try champaign with passion fruit juice and reserve rum.
8. Internet doesn't work inside your room but it works on the partio.
9. Be carful when you get in the ocean they are lots of sharp rocks. It almost cut my foot.
10. Staff here are amazing please tip them :)
11. Airport is far and the security check in line is really long give yourself at least 3 hours when you leave.
12. Bring some Immodium my husband had a stomach bugs and same as other couple. It only last like a day we don't know that it was that cause the sickness.

Last Sip, Savor and See .. not worth it. Stay at the resort :)

I really hope you have an amazing time like we do. Contact me if you need more info :)

Room Tip: We stay in room 5 with access to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Artzyzoey
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Terrific Guest,

Thank you so much for such positive comments, you are more than welcome to our wondrous Paradise!

We appreciate your comment about our professional Staff, we miss you too!
Thanks for this amazing explanation about guests facilities,property, and recommendations.
You and your Whole Group are more than welcome to our Hotel

Please contact us for future vacations: concierge.zoapc@zoetryresorts.com

Best Regards!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort from January 5 - 12th for our honeymoon. I have been researching this property high and low and felt compelled to write a review as soon as we returned. I'd like to highlight the great elements of this resort. The staff are amazing and very attentive. The service is exceptional. The food was very good as well, especially for an all inclusive resort. The grounds were well maintained and the beach/pool areas were lovely.

I'd like to mention that during the first four days of our honeymoon I was ill with a fever and flu - like symptoms. I felt awful. The staff at the front desk informed my husband and I of a doctor that was located about 15 minutes away at a sister resort. We were given all information regarding transport to and from, cost etc. I finally went to see this doctor and later felt much better. Zoetry even sent a staff member with us to the clinic to make us more comfortable! They went out of their way to call the next day to see how I was feeling and brought me a special tea (passion fruit and onion) which is a local remedy to cure the common cold and flu.

My husband and I inquired about off - resort trips such as zip lining and scuba diving. We never left the resort because there was already so much to do and we were content staying within the resort.

Ok, now for the negatives. When we arrived and as I was putting away my clothes, I noticed that they supplied each room with a bottle of OFF mosquito spray (we got less than 5 mosquito bites all together - I was nervous from reading previous reviews but the mosquitoes were not bad at all) and I also noted a bottle of RAID cockroach spray. I was taken back and immediately terrified that we would see a cockroach in our room. I placed a towel under each door in our room as the doors and the floors never met - there is a large gap in between. However, on our last night I forgot and we woke up in the middle of the night to 2 very large, and I mean large, roaches in our room. I was unable to fall back asleep. When we came home, we unpacked our clothes outside as we were nervous we may have brought home a critter. Now, it may have been my fault since I forgot to place a towel under the door, but for a resort with such high standards and high pride, I felt that this shouldn't have happened either way. For this reason, I would not return and probably would not recommend this resort.

Overall I had a nice time minus the cockroach incident. I am glad we saw the roaches on our last night as opposed to our first. We would've transferred to another resort.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Alyson K
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Dear guest:

Thank you for your feedback - especially, the positive citations in terms of our great Team-members, food offer, service and public spaces -.

While we apologize for the one and only, rather inoffensive and ordinary issue you encountered, please find our respective comments as follows :

- In the tropics, repellants are in fact particularly quite useful, as insecticides are too;

- Certain tropical critters have cousins that actually live in urban settings (and perhaps, in higher per capita numbers than here...).

We indeed are very proud of our high-end product/service and consequently find that your 66% review is accordingly a bit harsh, vis-a-vis your overall experience, as you yourself mention...

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at your convenience at Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and hope you give us a chance to welcome you once more to our wondrous resorts, in the near future !

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2013

After having a horrible experience at a different resort (majestic elegance), we arrived to paradise! The food was fresh and cooked with love, the drinks and juices were readily available and the staff was so attentive and friendly! We really enjoyed our stay and if we will be back to DR, we will definitely stay at Zoetry again or try the sister resort Dreams.

Thank you to all the staff, especially Diego at the bar,Chef Sammy and Puellio, Christian, Anny at the front desk and Delicia (Digna) at the spa!! (sorry for the misspelling)

Room Tip: We got upgraded to ocean front which was amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ola S
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Greetings from Zoetry Agua Punta Cana,

Thank you for having chosen this sanctuary of peace for your recent visit to Dominican Republic.

We want to thank you again for the time you took to share this review with others and for write our names on it.

We look forward to welcoming you again, very soon!
Warm Regards!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Wife and I stayed here 1/2/13 - 1/9/13. We were celebrating our 25th. What a wonderful place. We did a lot of research before we chose Zoetry and were happy with our choice. Photos do not do it justice.
We booked with Apple through our travel agent. When we arrived at the Punta Cana airport with all the other Applers we were pleasantly surprised to have a small van waiting for just the 2 of us. Off we went while everyone else milled around huge buses waiting to leave.
After a 50 min. harim-scarim ride we arrived and were greeted with the ice tea of the day. Our room wasn't ready (there is no check-out or check-in time so the rooms are not always ready upon arrival) so we were given a tour and had a great lunch (first of many) at Indigo.
After lunch we were taken to our ocean front suite (upgrade). I don't know why were given an ocean front suite and no one could explain why the free upgrade but what a treat.
Beautiful breezes every day. We did not use the a/c at night as the breeze kept us cool. I think it also kept the much discussed bugs at bay as we did not have that problem.
Mini-bar is filled daily and if it somehow becomes empty (glug-glug) simply call and it magically gets restocked. Don't ask to have the refrigerator restocked as they will send a repair man to repair the fridge. Ask to have the mini-bar restocked.
Wife did yoga every morning with Kale and Antonia. I took an island music lesson from Kale, and we also went horseback riding. Wear long pants for the riding since the horses have a mind of their own and rub against each other. (I got that tip from another poster but for the life of me I can't find the post again to give them credit)
There are plenty of palapas, beach chairs and pool chairs so there is no "saving" chairs needed.
Free world wide phone calls, no wrist bands, no reservations for restaurants and no sign-out sheet for towels.(You are treated like an adult who doesn't steal towels.)
Food was very good with "right size" portions.
We ordered room service twice and both times it was promptly delivered, warm and delicious.
I could go on and on.
We highly recommend the Zoetry.

Room Tip: Get lucky with an upgrade to ocean front.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spec35

Dear Guest,

Congratulation once again for your anniversary, and we would like to thank you for your comments about our property, staff service, food, and everything else.

We remain at your service, with open door for your next visit.

Thanks for recommend this luxury paradise!

Best Regards!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We just returned from our first visit to Punta Cana where we stayed at the Zoetry Resort from December 23 – 29 and had an awesome experience. Having traveled extensively to places such as Bangkok, Cancun and the Caribbean we found the quality of service and attention to detail outstanding. Yes, the resort is some distance from the airport (about an hour) but this was something we knew before going and welcomed the peace and serenity the location afforded.
It seemed every aspect of the resort’s operation was planned with ensuring each guest would be induced to become repeat patrons. We were impressed with the service provided by the Room Service team headed by Benjamin. He arranged a Romantic Interlude in the Gazebo for the night of my husband’s birthday where we were able to start dinner with a champagne toast and delicious appetizers served by one of his assistant’s – Yelfry.

I must admit that this was our first trip booking at an all-inclusive resort and so I was skeptical as to whether the food would be worth the monies paid. However, the amenities provided made this resort an ideal spot for what we needed during this vacation. Throughout our stay we enjoyed exceptional meal service. From breakfast at the Amaya to dinners at the Olena the wait staff of David, Flo, Worton and Juan Pineiro, just to name a few all went out of their way to ensure that we were satisfied and the food was amazing both in taste and presentation - hats off to Chef Rafelle. We especially enjoyed the Caribbean Beach party that was held on the last night of our stay where we got a chance to enjoy many of the local delicacies.
Our stay included a complimentary 20-minute massage; however, when we made the reservation we were given the opportunity of extending by additional 30-minutes to enjoy the Spa amenities. Here again Ana and Remevia lived up to the exceptional standards of the Zoetry by providing superb service.

A slight negative were the bugs – such as mosquitoes. However, given the location I think the resort does a good job of combating this issue with the daily fumigation.
Given the wonderful experience we enjoyed during our recent stay at the Zoetry in Punta Cana we would definitely recommend this resort and certainly look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor - this provides easier access to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annette M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having posted your review, for such positive comments and for posting our Staff names.

We are glad to know, you enjoyed your 20 min. massage, meal,.. and apologize for the bad experience with bugs.

We look forward to welcoming you again!