“Truly unbelievable resort with AMAZING staff!”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I have too many good things to say about Zoetry Agua, it's almost overwhelming! Before coming to this resort, my boyfriend and I did a ton of research- reading reviews- looking at photos and I knew that zoetry was exactly what I was looking for. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 6 year anniversary and we were looking for something quiet, tranquil, adults only and romantic. I will say, that the photos I saw beforehand, do not even do the resort justice. "Truly special" is the one thing I would say to describe our stay at Zoetry.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the nicest staff saying "welcome home"- taking our bags and giving us fresh watermelon juice. We were introduced to our butler Ramon, also known as "wide Ramon" since there are two Ramon's. Ramon is extremely warm, welcoming and professional. He told us he would be there for us day and night- no matter what we needed- he could deliver. He brought us to our room which was absolutely gorgeous. It was spacious, immaculate and beautifully decorated. A king size bed with freshly picked flowers, a fully stocked mini fridge ( restocked daily), a huge jacuzzi tub and gorgeous balcony. We spent our first night walking the resort and going to the Italian restaurant since everyone said it was the best. When we arrived, we were shocked with how beautiful the decor was as well. I have been to many different restaurants at all inclusive resorts, and this looked like a boutique restaurant in Manhattan. The service was just as outstanding. We were given cucumber water, champagne and focaccia bread with fresh Parmesan. We ordered the Octopus Carpaccio and the caprese salad for or appetizers. For our entrees we had the Lasagna and the fried ricotta and spinach ravioli. We had tirasmusu for dessert. This was only night 1 and we were already blown away.

We stayed for 7 nights and during our stay, I have never encountered a more pleasant or helpful staff in all of my travels. All of them were extremely attentive, respectful and have a huge smile on their face. Anytime you say thank you, they respond with " it's a pleasure". We thought it was so nice.

Vanessa was our favorite server- she is just a sweetheart. Jenny was our favorite hostess- she was at almost every restaurant we went to, each night, for our whole trip. She gave us Spanish lessons and would test us to see if we remembered what she taught us. She was such a delight to be around and we felt like she was a real comfort every time we saw her! We weren't able to say goodbye to her though which we were sad about.

Another person that we have to mention is Willy. Willy was not our butler but we met him and immediately became friends with him. He is easy to identify because he has the prettiest hazel eyes. We hung up with Willy and were able to learn all about his background and his life- he has a really cool story! Willy helped us resolve a situation even though he was not out butler and moved our room within the matter of hours!

A special shoutout to Ramon, our butler, who arranged so many things for us to make our stay special since we were celebrating our anniversary. He made sure we had champagne every night. One night he brought chocolate covered strawberries, and anther night a cake that said happy 6 years! He arranged early morning breakfasts set up at our room and dinners on our balcony with whatever food we wanted. He set up our massages for us, and our horseback riding on the beach. Ramon checked in on us daily and made us feel so comfortable and like we could really count on him. On our way out, Ramon got us our favorite fajita wraps to go to being to the airport and called our car service which was waiting promptly. This entire staff makes sure that your stay is seamless and that you have 0 problems. If you do have a problem, they will be sure to resolve it instantly.

Between the amazing restaurants with extensive service that you don't need any reservations at, pool and beachside service, beautiful and comfortable rooms, the breathtaking views and the absolute serenity- I really can't imagine a better trip for a couple. Zoetry is beyond special, truly making you feel at home the whole time you are there.

On the way out, I got to glance at some of the other resorts nearby and let me say they are NOTHING- compared to the charm and beauty at Zoetry.

Suggestions/ tips for travelers:

Bugs: The resort can get very buggy after 3:30 and especially in the evening. We brought mosquito repellent bracelets which worked well but the resort also has bottles of OFF everywhere. Often times the staff will just come up to you and offer you a spray. I read some really whiny complaints before coming which freaked me out but as long as you spray, you will be fine. Those that are complaining, probably didn't use the spray.

Medicine: I got a little sick while I was there and wish I had brought vitamin C or some medicine since it's a bit hard to get medicine that we are familiar with. The staff was still accommodating and brought me tea and honey for my throat.

Food: For dinner- Italian is definitely the best- I think we ordered every pasta dish on the menu. Our favorites were the Linguine with shrimp, Fried ravioli, Lasagna and Four cheese penne. The international was the other dinner restaurant we went to twice- and we got lobster both times which was great ( and since my boyfriend is from New England, he is a tough judge). The Tres Leche dessert was also delicious. Indigo is the restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast they bring you coffee, cucumber or lime water, mimosas and watermelon or pineapple juice. They bring fresh fruit and have a very extensive menu- you can pretty much get anything from omelettes to waffles. The lunch menu is also great offering salads, wraps, burritos, ceviche, chicken wings and more. They will always try to persuade you to have more alcohol and more dessert at every meal!

Butlers: Specifically ask for Ramon or Willy!! You will be in the best of hands with both of them!

Thank you to all the staff for our amazing trip- we couldn't be more grateful we could celebrate with you and can't wait to come back one day! For anyone reading this who is looking for an amazing experience- don't even think about going anywhere else !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ivyfisher
Eduardo C, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear guest,

Wow, I'm just speechless after reading such a wonderful words from you. Your detailed comments have brought nothing but satisfaction to all of us.

I have no way to thank you enough for expressing such a wonderful comments on our behalf, it is exactly because of comments like yours that we will always keep offering the best service to our visitors, because it is priceless to have feedback like yours.

We kindly remain at your service and hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Eduardo Clemente

Write a ReviewReviews (4,437)

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Zoetry Agua Punta for our wedding anniversary. We appreciated that the resort had had a difficult time with the hurricane. However, that was a few weeks earlier and was no excuse for giving us a dirty damp room. The first thing that had to be done was to get the cleaners in to clean the room and to put aired bedding on the bed. The room still smelt incredible damp and was very unpleasant. The next morning we had the builders arrive and were subjected to hammering, knocking etc. The hotel had not mentioned before we arrived that they had building works ongoing. The staff were unpleasant, difficult to deal with and totally demoralised. There were no senior management on site and nobody was interested in trying to resolve our issues. We decided that we had to move to try and salvage our holiday. Even that was fraught,with the hotel at one stage stating that they wanted to impose a four night penalty on us for moving!!! The whole experience was a disaster and this hotel needs a major overhaul and extensive staff training.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rew155

Dear guest,

I'm truly sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations. On the behalf of our entire staff I would like to offer you our most sincere apologies.

We were affected by the hurricane in some of the areas, so I deeply regre to read that despite of our efforts to affect our guests the least possible due to the circumstances, you felt that the whole situation was not handled in the most appropiate way.

It's a shame for all of us to hear you say that our staff was unpleasant, because we all have been working so hard for our guests and trying to please them and accomodate them the best way possible, nevertheless, we understand your points and also know that there is always room for improvement.

Please feel free to contact us to discuss more about your experience, as we are so concerned to learn that we were unable to impress you.

We kindly hope to hear from you and have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Words will not adequately express the feelings in our hearts regarding Zoetry Agua and the WONDERFUL Dominican people we met during our stay!!

My breath was taken away as the wooden Zoetry doors were opened by the most radiant smiling man! I am sorry I never caught his name, but I hope he knows that his smile and wave touched my heart and moved me to tears! :D It was a perfect welcoming touch. As we emerged from our van we were greeted with "Welcome home" and overwhelmed with the smiles and the wonderful things handed our way. We had the pleasure of checking in with Marleny and Eddy, who went out of their way to ensure the best room for us. We were touched by your kindness.

We were then introduced to our amazing butler, Ramon M., who showed us around and took us to our beautiful swim up room. The grounds are immaculate, and Zoetry Agua exudes a tranquil natural feel- from the tropical foliage to the soothing music... We felt like we were in heaven!

The food was incredible!!! One of our favorite meals was the Dominican themed evening at Piragua. The icing on the cake was when the Dominican Trio (music) came in and serenaded each table. Just perfect.

While the rooms, setting, and food were all incredible...it was the Dominican people we met that made the experience over-the-top amazing!!! As I mentioned, Marleny and Eddy made check in a dream. Ramon M was an incredible friend to us, always there to help us and provide a warm smile. Thank you, Ramon for all you did for us to make our trip so special!!! There is a long list of others who have a special place in our hearts. Rudy (Presidente 2020!) was always so happy and willing to help us, Estefani (from Indigo..LOVE HER!), Wanda and Yessica (Indigo.. so sweet and always called us by name..loved them too!), OLIVER!, Junior (our amigo!!!) Hansel, Gregario (Indigo), Rossy, Vanessa, Marcello, Harlent, Wander, Nairobi, and so many more. A huge thank you to you all!! We miss you already. :)

We also loved the horseback ride on the beach and the couples massage!! The spa pool area is FANTASTIC for a quiet zen getaway. A very sweet lady (I am sorry I didn't catch her name) gave us warm scented neck pillows. That was an amazing touch, gracias.

I highly recommend Zoetry Agua for anyone seeking a relaxing vacation in a beautiful setting with incredible food and even more incredible people!! We WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Ask your butler for pool floaties and use them! Awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your review concerning the outstanding experience you lived at our amazing Zoëtry Agua luxurious Place.

Just like you, we have been greatly touched by your comments. It was such a wonderful pleasure for all of us to have you here and to take special care of you.

Thank you for letting us know that your stay was a fantastic one, Please comeback soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to come to zoetry hotel for group vacations, and have fun

Since we arrived we where assisted by a butler who’s name was willyn, he took great care of us during our stay.

The beach was great, and the service very professional

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.

It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed your vacation among us. We highly appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our services in general.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to express our thanks for having given us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to have you back again to pamper you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

First trip to Punta Cana... Second experience at a Zoetry resort. It definitely lived up to the expectation. The service at Zoetry Aqua was second to none. This was our first time with a butler for our entire trip. Our butler Willyn gave us top notch service no matter what we requested. If we wanted it, he found a way to get it for us and always with a smile on his face. The food was excellent at all four restaurants especially with the service from Hansel. Overall, the service at Zoetry from top to bottom was great. I highly recommend a trip to Punta Cana.

I want to gived special thanks to our groups manager from Zoetry Stephanie, amazing attentions since we have contact with her. Very professional.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your feedback regarding the experience you lived at our Zoëtry Agua.

I am delighted to read that our staff took such a good care of you during your stay and thank you for highlighting those who went above and beyond.

Thanks once more for the opportunity you gave us to assist you... We can't wait to have you back to our Paradise again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana
#13 of 113 in Punta Cana
79.2 km away
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!