“Not worth the hype”

Cuisines: French
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Our hotel receptionist didn’t recommend Le Poivrier, saying it would be a bit dark at night and not as nice as other local spots. We opted for a quick lunch here over dinner. The food we had was decent, although the menu was small. The vegetable terrine was tasty and fresh. Having vegan and vegetarian options is important to me. The service was slow, but it’s not different than any other island spot. We were glad we didn’t do a dinner here, but would recommend lunch.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We went there three times in our two and a half week holiday - that should say it all. Modern French cooking with an asiatic twist. I loved the fish dishes, my husband the meat, Service was excellent - friendly and professional. The third time we went, we were greeted like old friends. Book ahead to get a table directly overlooking the sea. Excellent value for money.

1  Thank frenchlady37
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We ate dinner here on Christmas Day. Our restaurant choices were severely limited, but this place was recommended by our hotel. Overall it wasn’t bad, and the view was great. Initially the staff was very helpful, but they seemed to get overwhelmed quickly. Our server was very friendly, but failed to tell us about the specials. We overheard another server telling the specials to another table later. Although my wife speaks fluent French, our serving preferred speaking in a broken English over French. Our server also failed to bring us a bottle of wine and a bottle water that we ordered. We had to ask twice for both. The food was OK, nothing memorable. I would not recommend this restaurant if visiting St. Francois. It wasn’t bad, but there are better choices nearby.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My father and I ate here for Christmas dinner 2017 as it was one of the few places open. It was our second night in the island and it was fairly easy to find. The two main servers that waited on us spoke English pretty well (enough to understand the menu). The food that we were served was presented wonderfully and it tasted great. We also both ordered dessert and very much enjoyed! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any traveler, especially one who has a limited French vocabulary.

We had a waitress that took especially great care of us. Her English was wonderful and she is an incredibly hard worker. I wish I asked her name!

1  Thank fill_that_passport
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Busy, buzzy place, with charming service and super food - probably the best we had in Guadeloupe. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Northstow