Hotel du Roi Christophe
US$60
Beau Rivage Hotel(Cap-Haitien)
US$121
US$107
Habitation des Lauriers(Cap-Haitien)(Great Value!)
US$55
Satama Hotel(Cap-Haitien)
US$145
Lakou Breda(Cap-Haitien)(Great Value!)
US$65
Priceline
All reviewsold world charmremember whereservice was slowswimming poolair conditionedplenty of hot watertwo double bedsshort staycapstatuesvegetationperspectiveelectricityculturewaterfrontcitadelle
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This is actually a beautiful boutique hotel, however for the cost ($120/n) it is not worth it.
First: The area is infested with mosquitoes, the cause of this is apparently a water way full of trash right in the back of the property. I understand it is a tough situation but they are not taking any step to fix the situation, like fumigation perhaps.
Second, My room was facing a small street were there is a small bar blasting music so loud and so late that it was impossible even hard just to watch TV. That was 2 consecutive days.
Third: Everything was overpriced: the water, a beer, the food... Forget about wifi,
I hope it gets better, specially with the new competitive hotels coming up. The last time I was there with my daughter was summer 2017.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Haiti for over 15 years. I always stay at the Christophe. I am treated very well and the service is good. The rooms are excellent in the new portion with WIFI all over. The beds are good and there is air condition. Food is good and plenty of activity in the area.

Family atmosphere with a lot of history. Antiques all over the hotel. I stayed here for 7 moths after the 2010 earthquake and felt very secure and safe.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had a short stay in the hotel and it had everything a traveler needs with plenty outdoor space to relax, work and read. The food at the restaurant was delicious and they have a convenience store which is a plus. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018

The staff at Hotel du Roi Christophe made my first ever visit to Cap Haitien a pleasure!

I was traveling with my husband, 11 year old son, and 13 year old niece and had booked a suite through a 3rd party website. When we showed up our reservation was listed as a regular room, but the front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful and was fine with my showing her the email confirmation I had on my smartphone.

We got to check out 4 different suites and pick the one we wanted. The rooms were all very different, so it was very nice of them to let us select our choice. The suites aren't classic suites, with 2 separate areas- they're just very large single rooms, with separate bathrooms. We scored an air-conditioned room with 2 double beds, a daybed a television, and a full-sized refrigerator, which came in handy for storing our snacks and beverages.

To be honest, the rooms are fairly average for the price but the hotel itself, its grounds and pool area are the real draw, as is the staff, who are super friendly and helpful. I spent a day camped out at the pool with the kids and there was another day where my husband and I had a few friends over to hang out there to have some drinks and food and there was always someone stopping by to make sure we had what we needed. The food and drinks were reasonably priced, which is always nice.

Please take a look at the photos I've added to my review. Words can't do justice to how gorgeous this hotel is! I really hope I get to go back and visit again.

Room Tip: the suites are all very different- ask to see what's available.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

The Hotel Roi du Christophe was just what’s we needed. It is very close to the bus station which was what we needed. The owners very kindly arranged a driver to take us to the Citadelle which was the purpose of our trip.

Power cuts were infrequent and only lasted a few minutes and there was plenty of hot water. The swimming pool was wonderfully refreshing after a hot day. The food was good and reasonably priced, although the service was slow.

Stayed: February 2018