US$279
US$71
Strawberry Hill(Kingston)
US$310
Priceline
All reviewstennis courtsemancipation parkrooms are clean and comfortablemain buildingking bedjamaican foodswimming poolno elevatorbob marley museumocho rioshome away from homesquashgymbusinessconvenienceshousekeeper
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

No elevator, beautiful woden floors. Large room with conveniences. Walking distance to local restaurants and emancipation park.
Clean, bright, updated with air condition.
Pictures are very accurate. Tennis courts, pool and restaurant. Friendly and helful staff with secured gated entry. I would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacy ann B
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I have just recently returned from Kingston after going there for my best mates wedding and I would like to thank everyone who works at the Liguanea club for making me feel so welcome from the security guard on the gate to the groundskeeper everyone was so polite..the Liguanea club is a lovely place to stay my room was really nice and the cleaners do a great job keeping it looking fresh everyday.. the only bad thing I could find with the Liguanea club was the restaurant I never knew they had one and when I did go you could only order a few things off the menu which I thought was really poor but what I did order was really nice just wish there was more on offer to choose from..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven-readie
Reviewed 17 April 2017

First thing first, the hotel staff treated us like we were family! Especially, considering we just showed up after being disappointed with another hotel. Long story short the 1st place was not worth staying in even if it was free!

So, back to the staff at The Liguanea Club, they accommodated us completely. We were a party of ten staying in Kingston for a small family reunion. We needed and got 2 hotel rooms and 2 villa suites. I must say the folks here know how to treat their clientele...like friends and family! Kudos to the staff at The Liguanea Club for their professionalism. It was outstanding!

Yes, the place has an old world Jamaican charm that's very good for the price point. All of us visiting were comfortable and happy day after day. Granted its not an all inclusive and we've stayed at other high end all inclusive resorts, but for the price point it's well worth it.

The staff was so accommodating that they even allowed us to use the members lounge for our family gatherings for at least 4 nights out of the 6 nights we stayed there. My mother-in-law who lives in Kingston catered our food/drinks for most of the morning/evenings. Where did we eat? At the member's lounge. It was fantastic to have that option of having Jamaican food catered in for us. We were also allowed to play music, play pool, and ping pong in the lounge until the wee hours (Note to the staff: please fix the pool table it is a bit wobbly).

Keep in mind, The Liguanea Club is a tennis, racket ball and fitness club, but my son and nephews felt really comfortable being Yankees' as the expression goes (the rest of the family are Jamaican born)! The accommodations we had access to were the outdoor pool, the fitness center and we had breakfast a few times at the open air restaurant. We also took hired cars and vans to the local beaches, shopping centers and local restaurants. We got really adventurous one day and walked to the business center/mall to catch the bus to Ocho Rios to the private beaches. What a wonderful time that was. We really enjoyed our vacation/family reunion in Jamaica. Staying at The Liguanea Club made it possible. We will most likely stay here again when we visit Kingston. So sorry for posting this review months late.

Safe travels!

Room Tip: In Jamaica bugs will invade your space. Insect repellent keeps them away. Spray liberally at thresholds window sills they will stay away.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Topflitedude
TheLiguaneaClub, Director of Sales at Liguanea Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Guest,

I remember your family well. It was our pleasure to host you!
We are thrilled that you all had a wonderful experience with us and we appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights while in Kingston. Staff were all friendly and organised taxis each time we wanted to go out. We ate breakfast there which was good. Enjoyed the smoked marlin egg benedict. The bar was quiet and didnt have much choice but still pleasant enough. We stayed in RM 34 , it was very large. The whole place would have been very grand in its day as the queens club , looks old now but its clean and has a nice feel to it. Its located right next to Emancipation park and we walked around New Kingston without any hassle. 5mins walk to other hotels ,Chris Gayles sportsbar and some jerk places, 5mins taxi to Bobs museum , 10min to Usain bolts restaurant. We visited heroes park, Trench town , and downtown aswell. All in all would recommend it for a short stay

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank colinmcintyre1

Dear Guest,

Sounds like you had a fantastic experience in Kingston and really maximized your short time!

As you rightly noted, we are very centrally located and within close proximity to many of the major sites of interest. Whilst we have upgraded our rooms, we are careful to maintain the Old World charm, a token to our illustrious past.

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with us. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2017

When working in Kingston I always stay at the Liguanea Club, and over the years it has become my home away from home. When I check in I'm greeted by name by the members of the staff and always treated with kindness and courtesy. One major plus is the club's location one block from Emancipation Park, which is a lovely spot to walk (the path around the park is 0.5km long) and people watch in the morning and evening. The restaurant is on the patio and is a pretty and comfortable spot to linger over meals. However, the quality of the food has declined since new management took over a couple of years ago.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business