All reviews tennis courts emancipation park swimming pool curry goat breakfast was included week stay no elevator squash jamaica business conveniences knutsford
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The LIguanea Club is a hold over from years past. While it is primarily a private tennis club it also functions at a hotel. It is not generally known thought that non-members can book there.There are a variety of room of variety size and quality. While I would rate the rooms average they represent good value for money especially for the seasoned Caribbean traveler, Hotel rates are climbing in New Kingston with the old Wyndham property closed so the Liguanea club represents and interesting and less expensive option from the Pegasus and Courtleigh which are right across the street; not in the same catergfory but comfortable and safe

Room Tip: Main hotel is more unique although there are some very large suites on the property, Wi Fi free and AC/ TV's in all rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GracieLoo940
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The Liguanea Club staff were kind and professional and the location was excellent. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a home base from which to explore Kingston. It is close to local restaurants and the lovely Emancipation Park

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

No elevator, beautiful woden floors. Large room with conveniences. Walking distance to local restaurants and emancipation park.
Clean, bright, updated with air condition.
Pictures are very accurate. Tennis courts, pool and restaurant. Friendly and helful staff with secured gated entry. I would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacy ann B
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I have just recently returned from Kingston after going there for my best mates wedding and I would like to thank everyone who works at the Liguanea club for making me feel so welcome from the security guard on the gate to the groundskeeper everyone was so polite..the Liguanea club is a lovely place to stay my room was really nice and the cleaners do a great job keeping it looking fresh everyday.. the only bad thing I could find with the Liguanea club was the restaurant I never knew they had one and when I did go you could only order a few things off the menu which I thought was really poor but what I did order was really nice just wish there was more on offer to choose from..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven-readie
Reviewed 17 April 2017

First thing first, the hotel staff treated us like we were family! Especially, considering we just showed up after being disappointed with another hotel. Long story short the 1st place was not worth staying in even if it was free!

So, back to the staff at The Liguanea Club, they accommodated us completely. We were a party of ten staying in Kingston for a small family reunion. We needed and got 2 hotel rooms and 2 villa suites. I must say the folks here know how to treat their clientele...like friends and family! Kudos to the staff at The Liguanea Club for their professionalism. It was outstanding!

Yes, the place has an old world Jamaican charm that's very good for the price point. All of us visiting were comfortable and happy day after day. Granted its not an all inclusive and we've stayed at other high end all inclusive resorts, but for the price point it's well worth it.

The staff was so accommodating that they even allowed us to use the members lounge for our family gatherings for at least 4 nights out of the 6 nights we stayed there. My mother-in-law who lives in Kingston catered our food/drinks for most of the morning/evenings. Where did we eat? At the member's lounge. It was fantastic to have that option of having Jamaican food catered in for us. We were also allowed to play music, play pool, and ping pong in the lounge until the wee hours (Note to the staff: please fix the pool table it is a bit wobbly).

Keep in mind, The Liguanea Club is a tennis, racket ball and fitness club, but my son and nephews felt really comfortable being Yankees' as the expression goes (the rest of the family are Jamaican born)! The accommodations we had access to were the outdoor pool, the fitness center and we had breakfast a few times at the open air restaurant. We also took hired cars and vans to the local beaches, shopping centers and local restaurants. We got really adventurous one day and walked to the business center/mall to catch the bus to Ocho Rios to the private beaches. What a wonderful time that was. We really enjoyed our vacation/family reunion in Jamaica. Staying at The Liguanea Club made it possible. We will most likely stay here again when we visit Kingston. So sorry for posting this review months late.

Safe travels!

Room Tip: In Jamaica bugs will invade your space. Insect repellent keeps them away. Spray liberally at thresholds window sills they will stay away.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Topflitedude
TheLiguaneaClub, Director of Sales at Liguanea Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Guest,

I remember your family well. It was our pleasure to host you!
We are thrilled that you all had a wonderful experience with us and we appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,