My wife and I traveled to CSS in mid July 2011. This was our first time to CSS, and third time to a Couples resort. We previously stayed at CN the other 2 times. Our stay was very memorable and worth every penny. We really love Couples resorts and the service & value they offer their guests.
Arrival: the ride from MoBay seems longer to go from Ocho than Negril and the ride isn't as nice either. We love getting the cool towels and champagne to help cool off. Room was not ready and we told to go to Pallazina for lunch. We ate lunch (so-so) and went back up to the lobby. 20 minutes later we were taken to our room in bldg. A. Our building had the best location hands down.
Room: This was our only let down if you could even call it that. The decor of the rooms is VERY tired and something you'd see in a cheap motel in Ocean City, MD. Blue & white striped patterns - very early 90's look and feel, lame pictures of boats, etc. CN's decor blew CSS away!! The room just didn't have a Jamaican feel like CN. But the jacuzzi was nice and the view from the balcony was nice too. Our maid was the best - forgot her name but she really took good care of us. We however will not return until the rooms are updated to a more current or Jamaican style.
Food: My first impression was not good. Pallazina was our first exposure to the food at the resort. I think the day we were there it just wasn't good and not much to choose from. It got better as the vacation went on. Casanova was good - we ate there on lobster night and everything was great. Room service was nice every morning for breakfast too. Overall the food was good but sometimes the selections were limited. IMO CN's food was a little better quality and had more options than CSS.
Drinks: Very nice choice for drinks, higher end liquors are available which is nice. I have to give props to our mini bar guy (forgot name) - I asked for a few Guinness which is not an option (only available in the spa bar) and there were 2 cold Guinness there for me to enjoy! Wow - now that is customer service at it's best!!
Grounds: By far the most exotic and beautiful resort we've been to - hands down. The grounds blow CN away in comparison. We walked every inch of the place and seen or noticed something new and cool each time. The wildlife at the pond, mineral springs everywhere, cliffs, steps, just beautiful.
Spa: We used our romance rewards credit towards a couples massage...best massage ever! How much better can a massage get?? Right on the cliff overlooking the ocean, hearing the waves crash - I didn't want it to end. A+++
Watersports & Dunn's River Falls: Tried the snorkeling and aqua bikes..both were fun. Snorkeling was good seen some nice reefs, not too many fish but still worth doing it. The aqua bike was harder than it looks on the ocean...I ended up almost running over some floaters...lol
Dunn's River Falls is definitely something to experience once in your life. Just walk thru the craft village at full speed and don't look back!
Overall our stay was one of the best vacations ever. Couples really is on top of their hospitality game.
Tips: Invest in a good digital water camera to bring here, you'll need it!, Bring a comfortable pair of walking/running shoes - you have 30 acres to cover and you'll want to explore every inch, ask Guinness in your mini bar if you like it - you will probably get it, Use the elevator in the spa tower to get some nice views/photos of the resort, Go get a nice Cuban cigar to enjoy or take home at the Jewel Box, Try a miami vice drink and let the fish in the grotto eat the dead skin off your feet! ENJOY!
Check out my video of my photographs from our stay at CSS:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios