This was our second visit to this Couples hotel.
Nothing new to add to the good points made in other posts (fantastic staff, excellent food, lovely grounds, etc.) all these things made us go back.
Unfortunately as another reviewer has already pointed out sun bed blocking has really arrived at this hotel. On our previous visit very few beds were taken and it was always possible to find a lounger with some shade.
We are early risers and would usually be on the beach by 7.30 am. We certainly found that even by that time the majority of the loungers (on SSB) with shade had been taken - we even watched a staff member placing towels on one group of beds on behalf of guests.
It happens all over the world but it is a shame it is now happening here.
On our last visit (peak season over Christmas) SSB was a haven of tranquility. This time the pool at SSB was dominated by one (very loud) group who treated the pool area as their own private party place. We all like to have a good time on holiday but the hotel management did nothing to monitor this on behalf of other paying guests.
We would like to return to this hotel but we cancelled a repeat booking for later this year because of the above. It may be an isolated incident or it may be a trend but ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios