My wife and I returned yesterday (April 9, 2006) from a seven day vacation at Couples San Souci and are trying to adjust to real life. We are return visitors, but were there three years ago when it was owned/managed by BAT, a British tobacco company.
Overall, we were again happy with our treatment while at this resort, and will probably return. If you try to take in everything this resort has to offer, one week is not enough. Plan a longer trip there if you can.
The staff here are all extrememly friendly, and go out of their way to make you feel like you are the most important person there. The watersports manager Mike deserves a special thank you, as he sat with us during the return guest dinner, even though it was obvious that the GM, Pierre, wanted him to smooze with some of the bigger money folks. He was excellent dinner company and really felt like a true friend for the rest of the week.
The food, service, grounds, and most importantly staff, are fantastic. My only negative comment is that the Nude beach/pool is a mandatory all nude activity. Three years ago it was optional, so if you wanted to strip down it was totally fine, and if you wanted to stay totally or partially clothed, that was also cool. That side is definitely the best beach and possibly pool the compound has to offer, but you are excluded from using it unless you are a nudist. Somehow doesn't seem right.
I highly recommend this resort, and will hopefully return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios