3,395 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandnatural islandprivate islandpremier ocean roomswim up barwater sportsdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsglass bottom boatour honeymoonscuba diving
Reviewed 30 December 2017

So far, we are only 2 days into a 5 day stay here at Couples Tower Isle, but I have been less than impressed. Check-in was a pain because they put the wrong lead name on the reservation and were being rude about changing it.

Then, we booked a sunset catamaran trip that was canceled due to boat issues. While this was disappointing, the more disappointing thing was that they didn't notify anyone about the cancellation until we showed up at 2pm to fill out the waivers. We already planned our entire day around this trip, and by the time we finally found out that it was cancelled, it was too late to re-plan anything else. The worst part is that they gave us a nasty attitude when we told them we couldn't re-schedule it a different day because we already had other plans.

The rooms were definitely not as nice as I had expected them to be given the price we paid for the resort. Food was okay. Bars are inconsistent with their drinks. Some are so strong they aren't even drinkable.

If this stay doesn't get better, I will NOT be coming back.

2  Thank Celeste H
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Celeste H,

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately your review appeared late so we could not contact you during your stay. We were sorry to hear about check-in and the catamaran cancellation. Management will be notified. Your comments about food & beverage will also be addressed.

Please email us at abe@couples.com if you decide to reconsider another visit.

Kind Regards,
Abraham Issa

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We went to Tower Isle for our honeymoon several years ago and so we decided to go back and take some friends. We had a blast and they fell in love also. Everything was great! Beautiful 50's Hollywood theme! Angelic at the swim up bar is da bomb!! #5oclockpoolcrew

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolinagirl4cmb
Reviewed 29 December 2017

So, this was our second trip to Couples Tour Isle.
Our first trip was very nice and with a lot of the same aspects as I will mention in this review; however, the real return I wanted to return was the Scuba.
Stacey-Ann Reynolds, tiny, but tough, helped me get not one, but, two certifications last trip. Scuba, and Advanced Underwater.
This time around she was able to convince my Wife, who had had a previous brutal experience, to actually get into the pool and subsequently the ocean to Scuba. She had studies for her exam and was ready to get her Scuba Diver certification (down to 35 feet); but, was also stymied by the choppy waters and was unable to complete. For the same reason, my certification for OpenWater (down to 100 feet) has to wait for our next visit.
So while everyone else is commenting on the great service (so very true), the nice rooms (so very true), and the beautiful views, I will stick to only the Scuba part.
One word of advice, do not go to Jamaica in December if you want to Scuba, or virtually any water activities .. winds are brutal enough to affect any kind of water transport (including my favourite little island lol) and Scuba, it also makes a mess of the beach (though the staff are very diligent in clean up.
I will try to convince anyone who hasn't tried Scuba to at least go to the pool for the primer ... Scuba and snorkeling ARE DIFFERENT. Think of snorkeling as 2D and Scuba as 3D. Can't compare. If you are properly trained you should not have a problem with -- equalization (getting the pressure out of your ears), paranoia about being so deep, getting eaten by sharks (really, the fish you see are more scared of you!), or getting the bends because you were down to deep.
Hey, that's it, I promised to stick to Scuba, so there you go!

Room Tip: Garden rooms offer peace and privacy, other rooms offer a view.
5  Thank Daniel F
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I visited Couples Tower Isle Dec 5 -- 14, 2017 with a girl-friend; we enjoyed every facet of our stay. We had a deluxe ocean view room (Bldg 4, 4th floor) which provided a beautiful view of the western pool and Tower Isle from our balcony. Our room was spacious & comfortable. The entire resort is well maintained and classically decorated. The food, drinks, and service are top-notch.

2  Thank Jim2430
Reviewed 27 December 2017

This was our second visit to Couples Tower Isle. The weather wasn't perfect but the vacation was. I rarely recommend anything but value for money and customer services is exemplary. The staff are happy and friendly and seem to really like to spend time with you. We saw many other returning guests some saying that this was their double digit return. I feel that that says plenty about the resort. Everything is clean and tidy, the food amazing. Perfect in every way. I have seen a lot of discussion about the rooms on both trips we stayed in the cheapest option. Will do so again. The room was spacious and very comfortable, the bathroom clean and the walkin shower great. We had a view of the beautiful gardens.

4  Thank HrhP6