US$292
US$270
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$385
US$339
Hotels.com
US$75
US$60
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$159
Official Site
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$74
Hotels.com
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$52
  • Bar/Lounge
The Lion House Jamaica(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$33
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$989
US$520
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$605/night.

2,808 results
All reviewswobbly peacockle papillonbeach butlerroyal grilleast beachfrench restaurantterrace restaurantpeter fraserfrench balconyarnold nugentlobster bltbutler servicerose waterour honeymooneast wingfood and beverage managerthe general manager
Reviewed 10 August 2006

The royal plantation was a great place to stay. The hosts were very nice., and the rooms were very clean. If you go make sure you get the royal plan.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cnellb
Reviewed 5 August 2006

I was brought to the Royal Plantation on a corporate retreat. I was not on a honeymoon or romantic getaway, but with WORK colleagues. I am single, early 30s and still highly enjoyed my stay. There isn't much nightlife, but after a long dinner with wine and drink, I was ready to turn in before midnight anyway. They have live music every night. I loved the food! Service at dinner was a little slow, but we had a group. For breakfast, I did room service so I could eat by myself in the room in my sitting area looking at the ocean. I also ate breakfast out on the terrace restaurant. I loved eating lunch by the beach. Overall, the resort was so private and small and intimate. You really saw the other guests often and talked to them. I was at the pool sometimes when there was hardly anyone else there. I was served drinks while I was in the pool. It was like I was a guest at someone's house using their private pool. Much quieter than the big pools at the larger resorts. The spa is AMAZING. Seriously, I had the best deep tissue massage of my life. Guests can use the steamroom even without a spa service. I went back to use it the days after my massage. It is eucalyptus, and, again so private that I felt like I had my own steam shower!!! The gift shop is fabulous too. I got some good souvenirs and jewelry for reasonable prices. Not as low as some of the markets, but no haggling, and it was right there.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
12  Thank girlluxe
Reviewed 31 July 2006

We stayed at the Royal Plantation for our honeymoon. Everything about the resort was perfect. Transportation went very smoothly from Montego Bay airport to the resort. Its a 2 hour car ride and the road was not in great shape but it didnt bother us. Our driver was very friendly and offered us drinks for the ride.

We were greeted when we got the resort and checked in without any problems. We also had one of the employees give us a quick tour of the property so we knew where everthing was.
We stayed in a luxury oceanfront suite. The view was amazing as we overlooked the beach and the ocean. The room itself was very nice from the large four-poster bed to the small sitting area next to the window that overlooked the beach.

The food at the resort was all very good. We were on the royal plan, which is the best way to go. All the resturaunts were very good. We went to La Pappillion twice and Flambe twice. Our first night there on monday, they had a buffet dinner that was great! There was so much food and it was all so good.

The service at the resort was top of the line. We never had to lift a finger and everybody was extremely polite and friendly. The resort even had an attendant on the beach to bring you drinks at the wave of a flag.

My wife and I went kayaking and snorkeling. The great thing about the snorkeling was small group that always went out on the boat. Everytime we went snorkeling there were about 6 people on the boat as compared to the Sandals boat which looked completely full of about 30 people everytime. I went a snorkeling couple of times and each time we went to a different spot to snorkel at my request. One day the boat drive took us to a special spot to snorkel that they dont usually go to. All the guys working at the watersports on the beach were very friendly and would do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

They have a tennis court that we used one day. My wife also went to the spa for a massage and loved it.
On our 2nd day there, we were surprised by roomservice with a bottle of champagne, chocolates and a gift certificate to the spa, complimentary of the resort as a wedding gift. This was great!

We also did one excursion to Dunn's River Falls. It is only 10 minutes away by car. The falls are beautiful and it is definately worth it to go.

Overall we had a wonderful experience at the resort and would go back in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a small, intimate, quiet resort with first-class service and food, this is the place to go. You will not find much nightlife at the resort, but if you want that, you can always get a pass (included in the royal plan) and go to Sandals which is right next door.

Stayed: July 2006
13  Thank ricky003
Reviewed 30 July 2006

This was our first experience staying in Jamaica. I must say, staying in the resort only, was a different experience than used to, as far as the Carribean, however the RP was wonderful. The hotel itself is simply beautiful. the beaches, although small are nice, quaint in a way, even crowded you still felt the intamacy.

The staff, they do seem to go out of thier way to make your trip 5 star. The restaurants are nice, the food could use some help, yet this could be just the fact that we are from the metropolitain NY area and used to a lot of choices. Room service was a treat, food served in courses, it was wonderful as far as room service. My husband and I choose the Royal plan and found it to be a great way to go, but the choice of wines did lack a bit. I am a wine drinker, and I did feel they could, and should expand a bit on thier wine selections.

Our room wasn't as promised,, or as paid for.. I was a bit dissapointed in that. We were only there for four days and they did offer to change this for us after a day, we didn't want to pack and unpack again for such a short stay, so we lived with it. Still a dissapointment I feel I shouldn't have hd to live with.

The staff on the beach, couldn't have been nicer. or more helpful. the spa, wonderful, couples massage, heaven. For the few kinks we ran into, we will we back. Have made reservations already, for one of the better rooms, so there will be no mishaps as far as rooms this time.

This truly is a romantic resort and would highly recommend this resort to all looking for upscal treatment and service in Ocho Rios.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank kimmel40
Reviewed 18 July 2006

My boyfriend and I went to the Royal Plantation from May 26 through May 30, 2006. We had such a great time!; we did not want to leave this resort!

When we arrive at MBJ we realized that AA did not board our luggage to the plane; we were so disappointed at the airline! Anyways that's another story. We went to the SANDALS section/room at the airport and they offer us drinks and/or refreshments! Then we met up with our driver David, which he really nice. The ride fro MBJ to Ocho Rios was about 2 hours; I really thought that I was going to get car sick when I read all the previous reviews but actuallity it was not bad at all. It could be worst.

When we arrive at the hotel, we where greeted upon arrival and they offered us champagne. Also, we told them about our luggage incident and they told us not to worry about it, that they will take care of calling the airline. In which they did; the following day our luggage was in our room at 6 pm, they went to MBJ airport and pick it up for us!!! That's 5 star service to us!

Our room was great; we stayed in luxury oceanfront suite. The room was really nice! We even got to see to NBA playoffs from our room! GO HEAT!!!

The food was great; I ate lobster almost every day for lunch at the Bayside restaurant!!!

I highly recommend this resort we had a phenomenal time. The resort is the most beautiful resort in ocho rios, the service is great, and Jamaica is awesome!

Also if you want a party atmosphere, the RP will give you a pass to go next door to Sandals. They also offer free shuttle service to Margarita Ville on Monday's (I think).

We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2006