My wife and I just returned from a wonderful vacation at Royal Plantation. We chose this hotel because of all the great reviews we read on Trip Advisor and other websites. We were not at all disappointed. I don't have one single complaint. If you want a quiet first class vacation on the island of Jamaica, this is the place to go. I'm writing this review to help those of you who might be condidering the European plan (room only) over the all inclusive Royal Plan-the price difference, if you haven't noticed, is significant. If you have no desire to leave the resort and you plan on drinking a lot of alcohol, then the Royal Plan is your best bet. The food and drink at Royal Plantation is pricy. Mixed drinks are $10 and beer $5-6. A three course dinner for two without alcohol will be $100 minimum. We went into town every night for dinner except once. There are several great restaurants in Ocho Rios that are more reasonably priced. Many of them will provide complimentary transportation as well, including Evita's and Toscanini's. If you must pay for a cab, fares are $10-15 per cab each way. On our way from the airport, I had the driver stop at a store where I bought a case of Red Stripe for $27. There are refrigerators in every room, so I always had cold beer on hand. All things considered, we saved over $700 with the European plan. For the same amount of money, I would much rather do the European plan at Royal Plantation than stay at an all-inclusive resort like Sandals or Riu. Its just that much nicer. I know I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica