Just returned from The Royal Plantation, stayed there two weeks, Jan 5-19. Had a great vacation. Let me give my honest review of the hotel. Georgous grounds, rooms, common areas, resturants, spa, lobby area. Beach was very beautiful, but very small. No long walking beaches in Oche. The main ingredient at this hotel is the staff. From the manager, Peter, who makes himself known to all, to the gardner pulling weeds from a flower bed, all were great. They truly make the property what it is. The food was very good for a caribean vaction. We have much better food in the states, so it is hard to do better, but they sure do try. Nice presentation, good service, very expensive. We were not on the Royal Plan for good reason. We wanted to venture out and try some of the local places. And we did. Had some very good meals and some lousey ones also. We had several meals at the hotel, and they were good. The Royal Plan is nice if you are only going for a few days. The menu does not change. After a few days it can get borring. We are not big drinkers, so we paid the per drink price when we chose to drink. Went to the grocery in town for water and snacks. It was fun to shop at the "General"
Going to town is very easy, a 20 minute walk or a quick cab ride.
Shopping is typical bargining and negotiation. Also fun.
The Spa was great, had a couple of very nice massages, was able to work out some at the gym. Had enough equiptment to burn off what you eat. The weeks we were there, the weather was poor. we had rain every day, some days more that others.
we were able to get some beach in most days.
It was truly a very relaxing vacation. Would be happy to answer any questions or concerns anyone might have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica