Free cancellation until 26/07
US$94
US$56
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$121
Hotels.com
US$81
US$73
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$66
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$69
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$70
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$101
US$92
Cancelon
  • Pool
Csompo Bed and Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$38
Agoda.com
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$380
US$244
Hotels.com
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$209
Official Site
2,789 results
All reviewswobbly peacockbeach butlerle papillonroyal grilleast beachterrace restaurantfrench restaurantpeter fraserfrench balconyarnold nugentbutler servicelobster bltrose waterour honeymooneast wingfood and beverage managerthe general manager
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My husband and I spent four nights at Royal Plantation to celebrate his 40th birthday. It was great! We were looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation away from our kids and Royal Plantation was perfect. The beach is beautiful, the food is great and the service is outstanding. A special thank you to Amy McHugh of Dream Makers Vacation Services, who recommended the resort and made the trip planning very easy for us. Thanks to Amy, after our first night we were upgraded to a beautiful suite with a balcony that could not be beat. On the day of my husband's birthday, we came back to the room to find a cake saying "happy birthday" as well as a birthday banner and rose petals, which was a nice surprise. We truly enjoyed this vacation and I would recommend the resort to anyone looking for the ultimate in relaxation,

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmo33
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We stayed at the RP from 2/24-3/1. This was our first visit to this hotel and Jamaica as well. Wow! what a way to experience the beauty of Jamaica and its people. From the moment we got of the plane we were helped and greeted by everyone we met. Though the car ride from the airport is a bit lengthy our drivers were pleasant and attentive. He even let us stop for cocktails and jerk on the way. So long as you don't pay to much attention to the crazy traffic..."no worries mon". once at the hotel you are pampered with drinks and cool towels. Your personal butler gives you a tour of your room and the grounds. Our Butler was Cleon and he was amazing. We were given a cell phone to keep in touch with him but we rarely used it. it would seem no matter where we were, he would just appear out of no where to ask our bidding, Yes the resort is small and quiet but not terribly so. As we discovered, your butler will arrange for you to go into town or even to another sandals for more night life, shopping or what ever you desire. We are in our thirties, however even though the majority were middle aged,if you would; the atmosphere was far from stuffy or old fashioned. The staff were all fun too. We have been to other all inclusives and you will never get this much personal attention anywhere. Or only hang up was that when we got to eat at the famous La Papillion, we were placed in the overflow area or the drawing room with few people and our meal took three hours...that being said the food was fabulous. oh we did do the catamaran cruise to the Dunns river falls (a must see)..Falls were great and the snorkeling. But once you were back on the boat or if you chose not to participate in the excursions they still would not let anyone drink.....was very boring the first few hours. but the last hour on the way back was indeed a PARTY. As with any vacation there were negatives but the one thing i did notice was if and when there was anything that you were displeased with the staff went above and beyond.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I have stayed at many Sandals and other all-inclusive resorts in the past, but none come close to the Sandals Royal Plantation! Its intimate size permits unbeatable personalized service by all the staff from the room butlers, beach butlers, waiters/waitresses, and front-desk staff. I'd really like to give a plug to beach butler, Adrian, who took it upon himself to bring us cold bottled water (on a serving tray) & greeted us as we returned from a brief kayaking trip. He thought we would need refreshments. I'm still wowed!

The food was also amazing with a la carte options for breakfast, lunch, & dinner every day, plus a large variety of room service offered on a 24-hour basis (included!!). In a 4-day stay I had lobster 3 times at 3 different restuarants.

The rooms were also quite nice; all overlooking the beach/ocean and featuring jacuzzi tubs; which our butler set up as a nice romantic petal-infused bubble bath as a nice surprise on our last day.

While the beach is small, there are a lot of activities in the area for those who like to be a bit more active.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

My fiance and I just came back from a 3-night stay at the Royal Plantation, and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. There was a great deal of attention paid to every detail in order to ensure that we were happy and comfortable. We happened to come during an especially busy travel weekend (2/19 - 2/22), and had a 2-1/2 hr wait to get through immigration and customs. That was the only snafu in our vacation, and had nothing to do with the resort. Needless to say though, we were worn-weary from our flights and customs experience and badly in need of some comfort, stat! At the Montego Bay airport, Sandals had a special waiting area for its guests that was nicely appointed with plush chairs and tables, soft drinks and beer, and restrooms whose cleanliness was far better than those of the airport. We were transferred to the resort in a private van who greeted us with a smile, an envelope full of welcome documents and even stopped off along the way so we could get some nice pictures of a historic park and pick up some authentic jerk chicken. Once at the resort, we were greeted with a cold towel and more refreshments. Our butler took our bags and escorted us up to our suite. It was beautiful, clean, well-appointed and had a breathtaking view of the ocean. We had the lowest room level for this resort (Royal Orchid Oceanfront Suite) and were not disappointed at all. From our window, we could see the private villa and the quieter West beach. Our butlers, Garey/Mario, pre-booked our restaurants for our stay, since we booked this vacation last minute and got us into Le Papillon on our 2nd night. Regardless of which restaurant you dine at on the resort, you can always order from the other restaurant's menus (i.e. sit at La Terrace and order from Le Papillon's menu; and vice versa). Also, there is 24-hour in-room dining available, which was great for breakfast. We ordered our breakfast on the doorhanger cards in our room and every morning, a staff came in with our food and set up our table just like it was our own private bistro. For lunch and dinner, we found the restaurant food better than the in-room dining. We were provided with a cell phone to call our butler's any time and they always attended to us promptly and thoroughly. Garey and Mario are the nicest, funniest, sweetest butlers you could ever hope to have. If they hadn't heard from us in awhile, they would find us on the resort or call us just to check in and see if we were OK. Another great person there is Altinea, who handles the tours and entertainment bookings. She is a complete sweetheart, and tries to keep all of the guests entertained with special impromptu game sessions and recommendations for activities going on during the day. We did the Dunn's River Falls climb, which was fun and strenuous. Be aware that the local vendors at Dunn's River Falls Park are very pushy and will try to sell you things you may not want. Be ready to firmly say "no" and mean it. Our butler and the driver who handled our transfer to the park both warned us of this, so we were prepared. We did the couples massage at Red Lane Spa - totally worth every cent. Back to the resort: the grounds are well taken care of, the beaches are combed constantly and the peacocks are beautiful, docile and (at times) noisy, but we didn't mind. It actually adds to the tropical feel, listening to the ocean surf break on the shore and the peacocks making their calls. We have yet to find another staff so dedicated and attentive. Overall, we loved everything about the Royal Plantation and are planning to make it back soon.

3  Thank ChiKitty24
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My wife and I headed to Jamaica to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I paid a lot of money to stay at this hotel. The second I arrived at the hotel I was disappointed in the room. It was not like the pictures online at all. There was only one restaurant open for lunch. The food was disgusting and they were out of soup and I was told that I would have to wait an hour for beef patties to be defroasted. When my wife received her jerk chicken for lunch it was dry and horrible. It was raining the day we arrived and rusty water was rainy through the ceiling onto my wife's food. When I asked to eat somewhere else we were told there was no where else to go. When I asked to take a tour of the resort I couldn't believe my eyes. The pool was smaller than my own pool at home. The room was tiny. I would not recomment this place to anybody even if it were free. It was as enjoyable as visiting a cemetary. I have stayed at four Sandals resorts prior to this trip and have never had an issue. When I arrived home I contacted Sandals, and did not ask for any money back. I asked for some kind of credit to use in the future at another one of their resorts and was told no. My disappointment was not about the money, just with the hotel itself. I will never book with Sandals again and I will do whatever it takes to warn others about the terrible customer service and their disregard for customer satisfaction. I have given Sandals over $20,000 in the past 15 years of traveling. I feel that I should have been treated as a valuable customer and was not. This was the most terrible customer service I have ever seen. DO NOT STAY HERE !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
24  Thank hockeycoach21
operabuffOchoRios, General Manager at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Dear Guests,

It is unfortunate that you did not stay at the hotel except to have lunch after check in and requested to be relocated. Reason given for relocation - not happy with the clientele, too quiet, everybody is aged and reading a book.
For your information we have two a la carte restaurants open for lunch as well as a pub menu. in addition your personal butler would have been only too happy to assist had he been notified..