9,640 results
All reviews jerk hut deluxe side sir richards sports bar plantation restaurant jerk chicken mammee bay junior suite main buffet dunns river specialty restaurants gourmet restaurant safe key every other day cool runnings towel cards musty smell
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I recently stayed in the hotel, I reserved 2 rooms, one double and one triple. On rooms check in we realize they were 2 double rooms. We call several times to get the extra bed but it never arrived. They have serious issues with their house keeping service, worse they don't care.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank roberto c
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Ocho Rios, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay at the Clubhotel Riu Ocho Rios. We regret that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you expected.

We regret that you had to encounter some inconveniences in your room and would like to apologise for this. Furthermore we were surprised to read you comment about our house keeping staff. At RIU we take pride in our customer service as this is one of the key values of our company and staff is constantly trained to maintain optimal standards.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels to deliver the high standards of guest service which are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Clubhotel Riu Ocho Rios
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

First let me say that I didn't allow some of theses review to deter me from staying here. I stayed with building one with my family 1440, it was beautiful, nicely kept and clean. If you from the room was perfect I recommend this building for sure.
Food was great I would've like to have visited the specialty restaurants but just didn't have enough time in the day.
Nice entertainment every night.
Didn't like the club it was smelly definitely need to improve on the club cleanliness.
Overall my family and I had a really nice day and would return.

1  Thank STEPHANIET296
Reviewed 12 July 2016

every thing was perfect and beyond our expectation!!!Great service, wonderful beach
waw for the entertainment team!!!! our best vacation ever!
Its our second time in this hotel and we recommand it to every body!
And the foooood! oh my good! we loved it!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mounira B
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I recently stayed in a Junior Deluxe Suite at the Riu Ocho Rios together with my wife and adult daughter and had a great time. The room was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate for all of our needs. We used the quieter pool area at our wing of the hotel , which had an infinity pool and swim up bar. There were always available sunbeds and the pool never really got busy until after 11am. A special word for Nashawn, a barman at the swim up bar. This guy was totally on the ball, friendly and funny and a credit to the hotel. The hotel had a good entertainment team who were always on the go, and happy to chat to you around the pool. I loved the frantic dance styles of Birdman, Cherry Top and Bruno Mars which made me laugh every night. Also a mention for the weekly Steel band who were excellent. The hotel hosts a weekly beach party which was good fun. The buffet at the hotel had plenty of food choice and there was something suitable for absolutely everyone.We tried the other restaurants ( Chinese,Japanese, Steakhouse and Gourmet) and found them all to be of a decent standard with the Steakhouse being our favourite. The hotel is situated on the beach which has lovely golden sand, and yet again there is no trouble getting a sunbed at any time of the day. There are no actual sun shades on the beach, but there is the shelter of numerous trees. Delicious food at the Jerk Chicken hut located on the beach. The vast majority of the staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful, okay you get the odd grumpy one but that happens at most places. There is a need for a few touch ups on the decor, and there are a few tiles that need replacing at the pool, however the general standard of the hotel is very good. Booked a few trips with Pauline the Thomson rep, who is a great character. Dunn rIver falls are a must do. Also enjoyed the trip to Bob Marleys birth and burial place, and the Mystic mountain where you could zip wire across the tree canopy and take the Bobsled ride. Great fun. Will have some fond memories of this holiday.

Room tip: From conversations around the pool it seemed that the junior Deluxe wing was of a higher standard than the othe wing of the hotel.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed 12 July 2016

The 1st time about 2 years ago, the resort was a little newer, was a 4 out of 5. This time we found trash laying all over the resort. The beach exit showers didn't work. We had to lug our own luggage up to the room upon arrival. Check-in was a nightmare. The bathroom shower pressure was almost nonexistent. We managed to salvage a little vacation out of this nightmare.

Room tip: If you think somethings a little cheaper, you're gonna get what you pay for......
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank _hjwhitaker
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Ocho Rios, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment. We are glad to read that you visited our resort for the second time.

First of all we would like to apologise that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you did the first time. We can assure you that we are constantly trying to keep our property clean and well maintained. We were sad to read that you left our resort with an opposite idea in your mind.

We hope you will give us the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality like we already did in the past.

With our best wishes we remain,