travelup.com
FindHotel
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews hot water banana bread ocean view security mile ann
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

We all preferred this fun hotel over our fancy all-inclusive hotel at Runaway Bay. Fun hotel and great for families. We had one of the very few Oceanview rooms. The water view was very nice and we enjoyed the balcony. The restaurant noise below was not bad at all and never bothered us. The room was comfortable and great for our budget. We did not take the all-inclusive option. The beach was very beautiful and we snorkeled daily. Not much to see snorkeling in front of the resort, but we found some giant cushion starfish. Would recommend! The service is friendly but super slow.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Seinna-Ann Grant, General Manager at Rooms on the Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear JersRsaus,

Thank you for staying with us at Rooms Nergril.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the positive comment regarding the friendly staff, comfortable rooms and being price friendly.

We noted your feedback regarding the service being slow and we do apologize for that.

Take care and hope we see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2021

Its no 5-star but this is a decent hotel in a good location on the busy part of the 7-mile beach. It is moderate in price. The rooms are nice and more modern than many of the other small beach hotels, but there weren't enough beach chairs, beach towels, and absolutely no wi-fi for the entire week I stayed there. Also, the staff thought it was their business to monitor our coming and going which was quite annoying.

2  Thank Wendy H
Seinna-Ann Grant, General Manager at Rooms on the Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear Wendy H,

Thank you for choosing Rooms Negril for you stay.

We appreciate your positive feedback and deeply any inconveniences you experienced.

We are surprised about the comment regarding the beach chairs and beach towels given the fact that we had very few guests. Or is it that you travelled prior to Covid-19 and is now writing a review.

The Wifi is up and running.

It is our intent to ensure that all our guests knows that they they are safe within our property. Therefore it is the security guards and not "the staff" who carry our their due diligence at the main entrance and at the beach as they are contracted to do.

We wish you all the best and encourage you to keep safe.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2020

perfect spot on the 7 mile beach right in the middle of everything you can walk each way up and down the beach, there are plenty of restaurants and bars each way to eat and drink. the resort and the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly I had no problems with anything at the resort. I would definitely go back again.You get a free continental breakfast in the morning and it does the job fruit, bread, butter, jelly,hard boiled egg, cereal juice, coffee and milk plus banana bread and muffins if you wish. The food for lunches is good you can order off their menu and they will deliver it it right out to your beach chair you can also order a breakfast from their menu instead of the continental if you wish but will have to pay for it. They don't have dinner but I preferred going up and down the beach to different restaurants for that and the food was mostly very good at most of them recommend bringing your own drinking thermos and collapsible cooler that you can fill with ice and you can buy alcohol and beer from the convenience store from across the street if you want to mix your own drinks while relaxing the bar opens about 11:30 and they have cold red stripe for $2 which is a good price I recommend buying your own alcohol if you want to mix your own drinks. smokey joes across the street has real good jerk chicken better than[ best in the west which is popular place] in my opinion. lots of good restaurants and bars across the street you can also walk to no place is perfect but I think there a more positives then negatives almost everyone I met to a t are returnees or have been there multiple times I highly recommend.barking dogs can be a nuisance. There is also live free music next door at woodstock multiple times a week.

Room tip: building 5 and 7 are good buildings closer to the road might be a little noisy .
1  Thank jwanty

Dear Jwanty,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience the local culture also.

Thank you for the positive feedback and continue to stay safe until we welcome you back home.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 February 2020

Just back from Rooms Negril. As always, we had a lovely time. As always, there were a few problems!
We were lucky to get a room where everything worked. The room was kept nicely by Mobrie although there were shortages e.g. no duvet cover the second week. Our curtains were full of holes and badly in need of a clean. Think they would disintegrate if cleaned though!
Hotel is on a great part of the gorgeous beach. There is a private area behind a short wall. The only problem is there is a lack of sunbeds and umbrellas. This is compounded by people claiming beds the night before. Nothing is done about that.
The breakfast experience varies depending on the number of people there. When it's busy there is a shortage of crockery and cutlery and there can be a wait for food. It's a simple breakfast but tasty enough. Some people complained because it's the same every day. We thought it was ok.
The breakfast experience was helped by the amazing staff. Maisie is always cheerful and helpful. Kelvin and her really keep the show going. Veronica is also very helpful and friendly.
WiFi Is not available in rooms and poor on the beach. Only good signal is in reception and the dining room. The desktop in reception was not linked to the internet when we were there.
We really like Rooms Negril and will return because of the great location and lovely staff. It would be great if the areas described could be addressed. Would love to be able to rate this hotel a 5!

Room tip: Upstairs is good for views and security. However, steps are steep and big.
1  Thank FionaMacScotland
Seinna-Ann G, General Manager at Rooms on the Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for the kind comments about the Mazie, Veronica and Kelvin. We are delighted to know that they helped to make your stay wonderful.

We deeply regret the few problems which you experienced. We have shared your feedback with the team and will do our best to address these concerns to improve the service we provide.

When next you stay with us, should yo have any problems please, please, please do not hesitate to share your feedback with us so that we can fix whatever problems you may have before you leave. It is important that your stay goes well as humanly possible, so let us know.

We are happy that you will return to Rooms Negril and we look forward to welcoming you home.

Reviewed 13 January 2020

Rooms on the beach. In negril is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in negril for a while.
WiFi is non existent had to keep on leaving my room and siting in the dining area to get reception.
I arrived on 6th Jan for 6 nights upon arrival I went to reception to check. In.
I was advised that the hotel had overbooked and had no availability. I was advised they can check. Me I’m into another partner hotel which I refused stating this reservation was made months ago so how could a room not be available.
Then I was offered another room with no working a/c as a temp solution.
I was moved to an alternative room 2 days later which was worst than the temp room.
No balcony in fact it was overlooking gas cylinders.
I have stayed at rooms on many occasions in the past but they have let the place run down.
They have hardly any staff working, ice machine was broken so kept on having to go to the kitchen.
I must admit some of the staff were friendly like Maizee, Kevin the bar tender the life guard also.
But this still did compensate for the state of this hotel.
I would never stay at rooms again which is a shame as the location is perfect on 7 miles beach.
No refrigerator provided in rooms you had to pay a additional charge for this.
After breakfast which I’m sorry was a joke. You had to queue to get a pathetic version of a continental serving.
I hardly went to have breakfast as it was pointless.
I was very disappointed with rooms as I felt it ruined my second week of my vacation.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank janjan38

Dear Janjan38,

We are sorry to learn that your return trip to Rooms Negril was disappointing.
We deeply regret all the inconveniences that you experienced.
Clearly things did not start off as expected and it affected the entire stay.
Thank you for recognizing the staff members who were friendly.
We do hope that you will return to our doors and have a much better experience