4,630 results
All reviews cassava terrace the red flag service catamaran cruise piano bar otaheite restaurant heliconia grill lychee restaurant couple negril our honeymoon nude beach other resorts the fine dining restaurant water sports swim up bar bloody bay lobster night repeaters dinner
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Sorry this review is so late... We stayed here November 2011 for 7 days. We are in our late 30's. We took the jump plane over with Tim Air, which was amazing. The pilot was a hoot and an awesome tour guide. We arrived at the resort late afternoon, which gave us just enough time to check into our room and take a walk on the beach to enjoy our first sunset. Amazing! We were in love right then and there... Our first night we ate at the Cassava and I sat there sweating. And sweating. And sweating some more... Lol, you get used to it pretty quickly.

The food at this resort is phenomenal. The presentation is great, and it tastes even better than it looks. I ate the lamb a few times off the a la carte menus and loved it. My husband ate some kind of fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The spices and flavors were out of this world. The jamaican patties at the snack bar were like no other. I bought some at the grocery store when we got home - it's just not the same! The french toast at the buffet breakfast is 2" thick and there is a different syrup everyday. We've been to all inclusives where the buffets are HUGE. The buffet here is maybe 1/3 in size, but the flavors and quality more than made up for the selection. You just could not find fault with any of the food. Fresh coconuts cut open at breakfast. The Japanese restaurant was excellent - the coconut soup was to die for. My husband is not a big fan of sushi and the like, but he thoroughly enjoyed his meal.

The drinks were top notch. The red flag service was soooo nice! I cannot remember names, but the woman who did the red flag service on the beach was so sweet. We went snorkeling one morning and I got sea sick so when we got back I grabbed a Gravol and we went to resume our regular position on the beach. She came over to ask if we wanted our usual pina coladas, which I declined but my husband got. She came back with a pina for my husband and a cool and refreshing slightly fizzy fruity concoction for me... She must have figured i was not feeling well and i still dont know what the drink was but it was cold and comforting and that's all i cared about right then and there. I still think about this incident when we talk about our vacay and how thoughtful it was of her to bring me that drink.

The beach is beautiful. We are beach folk and we spent a lot of time floating on our floaties in the sea. The water is so calm and relaxing. Take a walk down past the Rius about 20 minutes to the original Office of Nature and get some fresh lobster. It cost $$20 US each. This got us 1.5 lobster tails, garlic toast and tomato. Delicious! And the people at this shack are so down to earth. I had a burn on my chest area and as we walked up to the shack a local woman whipped some aloe vera out of a bag and proceeded to smear it over my, umm, chest area. No shame there. Caught me off guard but as soon as that cool aloe started working I got over it real quick. She offered to sell me the rest of it, which I haggled and bought from her. It was worth it. Needless to say the bartender and cook were smoking joints and by the time we walked 20 min back to the resort my husband had to go eat in the snack bar. I said "really? we just ate"...."OMG you have the munchies...lol". Apparently the 2nd hand smoke under the shack/ shanty got to him. We laughed. We don't smoke but we are not anal either - you're in Jamaica! The "vendors" on the beach and on the seadoos that offer to you - just a polite "no thank you" and they leave you alone.

The boat ride to swim the caves (booze cruise) is a must - we did this twice. We did the snorkel trip too, which we both loved (except for my sea sickness - the waves were a bit wavier out there that day).

We had to oceanview room, which gave us a slight view of the ocean, but mostly of the nude section of the beach. No worries, not a big deal. It was not that much more $ for an oceanview, but I think we would have been just as happy with a garden view. The rooms are basic and needed a bit of updating but we are not complainers and really nothing was that unacceptable that we couldn't get over. The safe wouldn't open but they came and fixed it right away.

Finally, the people of Jamaica are some of the friendliest people we've ever encountered while on vacation, especially those working on this resort. There was not one soul on that island that made us feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. Thank you Couples Negril for making our first trip to Jamaica such a pleasant one!

Room Tip: Don't bother with the upgrade to oceanview...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Martina B
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I had a Great Experience at the Couples Negril All-inclusive resort. The wonderful enterainment staff, service people and food were fantastic. Always service with a smile. The resort structure is looking a little tired and could use some paint along with the rooms using a little updating. Otherwise the resort people and food really make up the difference.

Room Tip: Resort not really crowded in September. Save a few dollars for souvenirs by not spending the extra dollars for the deluxe oceanfront. Too much to do.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank srblab12
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This year was our 2nd time back. We first visited last year for our honeymoon and loved it do much that we went back for our 1st anniversary. We love everything about this resort, the staff is wonderful, the accommodations are totally of Jamaican eclectic tradition which we love, food is great, red flag drink service is awesome!! Beach is beautiful, all the resort inclusions offered are awesome, you can be as busy as you want to be on excursions, snorkeling, catamaran cruise, classes for all sorts of things, etc or do absolutely nothing at all but relax on the beach or in the pool!! I could go on forever about all the reasons why we love this resort... for all of you out there reading the negative reviews, I can say we've had great experiences both trips and will continue to go back for years to come!! There will always different things for people to complain about at any resort. If you're looking for true a Jamaica experience Couples Negril is the place to go!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank SKPARENT
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Our return trip to Couples Negril was from August 6th thru the 16th, on our arrival we were greeted with hugs and some kisses at check in, once again they honored our request to be in building #1 first floor, our stay this time was for 10 nights, the resort was quiet as it is slow season.

Since we arrived on a Monday we had the repeaters dinner and it had maybe 20 25 people in attendance and was a very nice evening with some great food and company.

On our first trip to the pool bar we found out that Jose Cuervo was only available at the Piano Bar after 5 PM, not good as that is all my wife drinks, that evening we spoke with Michael the bar Manager and Conrad the Food and Beverage Manager and they quickly supplied the swim up bar with Jose Cuervo, Thanks Gentlemen!!!

We were in room 1108 and it was very clean, newly painted and refreshed and new bed linens, our room was cleaned every day before noon and turn down was done every evening while we were at dinner, new fresh towels left each time.

I see reports that mention the pool being dirty, cloudy in bad shape ??? We have been to CN 5 times now and have never experienced this situation, actually every morning the one of the dive guys would pass our room with a pool filter on a cart and he would use this to vacuum and clean the pool, which is a great idea as you do not hinder the function of the pools main filter by doing this. Also remember its August if a gusty afternoon rain storm blows thru you will end up with leaves and other minor debris mayend up in the pool

Dining, dinner was fantastic at every restaurant, few nights it was hot and humid but the fans and breeze at the open air restaurants kept it comfortable, I wear and cotton button down shirt and shorts to these restaurants and my wife very small tank dresses, if you wear much more than that you are going to be uncomfortable. The two restaurants with AC are very cool wearing pants for myself was very comfortable, the piano bar, restrooms upstairs and downstairs in the main building are very very cool from the AC, no musty or funny smell what so ever. Breakfast has it all, I do not know what others may be looking for, there are meats, pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs any style, muffins ,pastry, smoked Marlin, there is nothing missing whatsoever and if you prefer something another way or are looking for something you do not see just ask they will accommodate you.

The staff ALL were very pleasant and would go out of their way for any one, are they slow sometimes, yep this is JAMAICA Mon!!! If you are in a hurry than I suggest visiting big resorts packed with people like in the Bahamas, Aruba, Miami Beach Etc where you will not get the personal attention you receive here, I can not finish a cup of coffee at breakfast as every time I turned around it was filled again. Did any one appear to be looking for a tip, not from me or my wife during any trip at any time to Couples.

Is Couples a swanky loud music blaring resort like the few down the beach, no it is not. Is it a great place to stay and enjoy it sure is. We thoroughly enjoyed our entire 10 night stay, from walks on the beach every day, to refreshing dips in the main pool and the dive pool, to nightly visits to the large AN hot tub, to the small dive area private hot tub, we enjoyed dressing every night and dining a fresco many times, walking from our first floor terrace across the walk to the message building. The grounds are impeccable, if you take the time to walk thru them all you will see their real beauty.

Is Couples perfect, nah not much anything is, so if perfect is what you are looking for than enjoy your journey, if glitz and glam, stuffy staff members and Hilton like accommodations are what you are looking for do not stay here, if fun, romance,great people, food and atmosphere to unwind and just relax, naked beach, topless beach, and everything Irie is what you are looking for than this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank petecat
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Returned in mid August for our seventh visit to Couples. We usually go some place else in the summer but since other plans fell through, we decided to visit Couples during a different season. We were not disappointed!
Ernesto skirted the isle 2 days before we arrived so there was some after storm weather - just your typical sub-tropical afternoon showers on a couple of days. We had no issues with bugs (in or out of the rooms). I don't know -- maybe some of these folks roll around in the grass or the sand to find them. We even took Off this time and never even broke the seal!
Really -- it was hot and humid in mid-summer? What do you expect? You are in the sub-tropics! Ironically, it was hotter and more humid in Ohio while we were in Jamaica.

The food was as usual fantastic. By the way, you are told at orientation to make reservations a day or two ahead of time for Otheheite(sp?) so trying to make them an hour before doesn't work. And they serve in shifts so the restaurant is never really "full" all at once.

The beach was fantastic. The staff friendly and efficient. Special Hi's to Franklin and Ingrid and Adrian and Nellie and the hostess in Cassava! And the spa staff were again superb.

Will we go back? Already booked for our normal time after Christmas. And yes, we have gone and regularly go to other resorts. This is our kick-back, relax, renew the batteries place that so far has never disppointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple