Couples Negril
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$59
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Westender Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$64
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$49
US$151
US$146
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$112
Agoda.com
Seastar Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$56
TripAdvisor
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$64
TripAdvisor
US$189
US$228
US$180
US$240
4,547 results
All reviewscassava terracethe red flag servicecatamaran cruisepiano barotaheite restaurantheliconia grilllychee restaurantcouple negrilour honeymoonnude beachother resortsthe fine dining restaurantwater sportsswim up barbloody baylobster nightscuba diving
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Couples Negril is PARADISE!
From the moment you step off the bus into the lobby you are treated like true royalty. The staff serve you with a smile everytime you pass them. They go out of their way to make sure your vacation will never be forgotten.
The food is top notch at all the restaurants, not only the taste, but the presentation as well. They also have several themed buffet nights, including beach party and pool party buffets. These were also very yummy and looked beautiful!
The rooms are very eclectic and clean. All the views from the roomsare just beautiful, from the garden view to the Beach View. The grounds are beautifully landscaped throughout.
The Beach is something I could go on about for days. It is gorgeous. Whether you want to bask in the sun or lay in a hammock under a tree, you can't go wrong. There was never trouble finding a chair which all have floates on top on them for your use.
And the drinks, anything and everything you want. Strong or not. And if you don't like it, then "No problem, Mon!" and you are served another one. It is top shelf liquor as well.
The entertainment is also wonderful. If you want to relax it is not annoying, but if you are looking for something to do you won't be bored either. Our favorite was the steel drum band on beach party night and the singer/guitarist around the bonfire. Just awesome and romantic!
So to sum it up, go to Couples Negril and you will never want to go anywhere else. Go see for yourself!

16  Thank rsrbtr1999
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at Couples Negril, what a fantastic time we had.
Don't be disappointed by the first impression you get of this hotel when you drive up. The drab green colour and dark reception does not do this hotel justice. The check in procedure is quick, friendly and relaxing, cool face towels are provided with a glass of refreshing sparkling wine which is most welcome after the 1 1/2 hour transfer from the airport.
Your room is of a reasonable size with everything you need, is very comfortable and well appointed. Cleanliness is very good with a constant supply of fresh towels and toiletries.
You have a choice of 4 restaurant's all serving excellent food, with 3 being A la Carte which you can use as often as you wish. Each restaurant serving a different cuisine with a good selection in each. The service in all the restaurant's is excellent.
With well over 100 excellent cocktails to be had as well as many international spirits, you are spoilt for choice. There is a full day and evening entertainment program, but you are not forced into taking part if you just want to relax.
The single pool area, although not big is large enough for most people's needs as most seem to use the beach which is fairly wide and extends the full width of the hotel. Shade is given by palm trees. The beach area is cleaned every day from falling leaves. The sea is warm, clean and shallow for a good way out.
The sport's facilities on offer are numerous and nearly all free and readily available throughout your stay, not just once per week.
From the top to the bottom the staff in the hotel are very polite, pleasant, happy, helpfull and genuine making your stay as memorable as they possibly can. Nothing is too much trouble.
This really is an All Inclusive Resort. I would definately recommend this hotel and will be definately returning.

11  Thank spudlylight
Reviewed 20 February 2009

For the past years, we have taken a winter vacation. Been to Bahamas, Aruba, Punta Cana, Cancun & Playa del Carmen. I like to do research and plan these trips. I found CN thru Trip Advisor! We like to stay AI and at resorts that are adults only. The service we received at CN was excellent from the start at the Couples Lounge until our last (sad) day. We booked a garden suite, and were glad that we did. We were in room 9301 and had a nice view of the gardens and of the beach also. The bathroom was huge, the bed was super comfortable, and the linens smelled liked lavender. Heavenly. The food was to die for. The Cassava Terrace breakfast buffet has something for everyone. As did all of the buffets, and the sit down restaurants as well. The food was the best that we have ever experienced in an AI. I believe the food is the primary reason that we would go back. Qualify, presentation, and service were all top notch.
Location Location Location. The beach was perfect. The water was clear and calm, and the sea bottom was all soft sand, no rocks. There are plently of activities included. Do the Catamaran Cruise, it was a blast! The pool & pool bar were favorite spots as well. We never had to look for a chair, no matter what time of day we went to the beach or the pool. I feel like I could go on forever.
In closing, all I have to say, is "Go, and Then You'll Know!"

8  Thank SZQ
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Not to brag, but we've been fortunate to travel quite a bit. Europe, Caribbean, Mexico, US, etc. We had never done an "all-inclusive" vacation and reluctantly so. We had always assumed that the food and service wouldn't be what we were used to. Boy, were we wrong.

After deciding on Jamaica as our destination, countless friends recommended Negril. Most of them had been to Ochos Rios, Montego Bay, and/or Negril and stayed at various properties. Upon doing some research on my own, we decided on Couples Negril because it seemed to be a little smaller than the other "all-inclusive" resorts, which we felt would give us a better, more intimate, atmosphere.

From the moment we arrived, we knew we had chosen the right place. The grounds/pools were great, the beach was not very crowded and the waters were very calm and beautiful.

The rooms were nice. Nothing over the top, but clean, brightly decorated, and great water pressure in the shower. The house keeping staff was out of this world. So nice and very attentive.

The food was great. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of food, even in the buffet restaurant. They had "stations" all around the buffet where you could get made-to-order smoothies, salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, etc. in addition to the pre-cooked buffet items.
The Lychee (Asian Fusion) restaurant was great. Sushi was awesome. And my Asian girlfriend loved everything they offered.
Otaheite (reservations required) restaurant was AWESOME. We ate here twice. The restaurant is small (reason for reservations I guess) and intimate. 4-course dinner that rivals any meal we've had at Dune (One and Only Ocean Club), Esperanza (Cabo San Lucas), Sandy Lane and Little Dix Bay.

Bar service was great. The drinks were strong if you liked them strong and weaker if you liked them weaker. The paid close attention to what you liked/disliked.

The water activities were fantastic. We snorkeled, scuba, water skiied and did the sunset catamaran. All were great.

Everything was great, but what made this trip for us were the staff. From the gentleman trimming bushes to the director of the nighttime entertainment to each and every server we had at every bar and restaurant, these were collectively the nicest group of people we have ever encountered. Not only did they just seem happy to be working, but they went out of their way to learn your name and remember what you liked and disliked.

This resort is in a tiny town on the west coast of Jamaica. A 1.5-2 hour shuttle ride along narrow and winding roads. We were forewarned about this ride, so we booked a flight from Montego Bay to Negril's small airport. Since this was a 4-night trip for us, we didn't want to waste 4 hours riding to/from the airport. For the flight, TimAir shuttles you on a 2-minute van ride to the other side of the airport, where you're immediately put on a small plane and wisked away to Negril. Then flight was 15 minutes long and Couples Negril is literally 100 yards across/down the street. So from door of the Montego Bay airport to the lobby of Couples Negril, the whole trip was 20-25 minutes long. The shuttle experience will take you 2.5-3 hours by the time you wait on all of the other shuttle passengers to arrive at the Couples airport lounge. Plus, the views of the island/water from the little plane were magnificiant. We were never more than 1500' off the water/ground, so the views were great. I highly recommend the Timair flight. $97/person each way.

I highly recommend Couples Negril.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank all121star
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Wow, what a fantastic holiday. On arrival we were whisked off to the Couples Lounge and given a drink and a really warm welcome indeed, it was really great. We were also allowed to take our drinks on the bus. You are taken care of very well indeed at this resort and the staff are soooo kind and friendly - I think that counts for a lot. On arrival at the resort you give your credit card details in case you buy anything e.g. they take photos. The check in was fast both on our arrival and departure. There is also a shop and if you wanted a bottle of wine off the wine list you can buy one but I would not bother as the house wine is gorgeous. We did not buy find anything to buy and I did not like the photos they took of us so we left them! You can use the internet at any time of day to keep in touch as there are 6 computers, just don’t log off like some dopey person kept doing, as only the staff can restart the computers as the base is locked away!
We found our room was amazing – far, far better than I had expected from the reviews I have read here. It was very clean and we were offered fresh towels daily. The bed was really comfy and huge (king size? Mine at home is king size and it was definitely a lot bigger than that!) Nice fridge which we never used (too much choice outside!) The only drawback I found was the electricity supply seemed weak for some reason so my hair strengtheners were not as hot as usual. I would not bother taking a hairdryer if I return I would use theirs as it seemed to be faster than mine. There was always hot water in the bathroom, contrary to what I had read here in a previous review. There is also a dressing gown and iron with ironing board as well as a large umbrella. On our first night we were left a lovely letter to wish us a good honeymoon and also someone delivered a bottle of champagne to our room (two in fact! We are not sure but we think the second one might have been for my birthday which was also celebrated whilst we were there). We drank these on the balcony with the candle they provide and it was a lovely touch. Each evening we had a knock on our door asking if we wanted the turn down service, and you can have fresh towels of needed – by the end of the holiday we had more towels than we knew what to do with! The food is excellent here and changes daily so it is never boring; the fine dining restaurant is especially good. There were a few birds near the main restaurant and in sometimes in it but it was never a problem. Being put too close to the smoking section was more of an irritation but I feel sure if we had spoken up we would have been moved. The cocktails are also amazing you will get exactly what you ask for and we never had to ask - our glasses were always refilled quickly. They work very hard indeed at this resort to give you the best service so I am not surprised so many people return – we hope to. This is the resorts strength, along with gorgeous beach, pool and great food and drink! The staff here are really great and were always very warm friendly and attentive. If you go on the trips take plenty of money – there is more to buy than normal. The Dunns Falls was absolutely amazing and so was Martha Bre rafting which we did on the same day. We paid 15 USD each departure tax. You also need at least a dollar each way for the porters at the airport and also to tip your driver.
I am normally very picky indeed and I have written some scathing reviews of other places but I could not fault this hotel. The food was really good. If I had to find something I would say maybe it was more lively than expected and there seemed to be groups of couples who had arrived together making it less romantic somehow. Also one day by the pool we found there were no sun beds but that was ONLY because it was exceptionally windy day so that day no one went on the beach as you could not sit on because of the sand flying everywhere, so everyone went to the pool instead. You could still take a lounger off the beach to the pool so it was not a problem and I saw staff helping some guests to do this. Even the nightlife was better than anticipated and they have dancing nights in the piano bar about 3 times a week it was similar to a nightclub but finished earlier. We noticed the staff also dance there to get the party started which I think shows how hard they try to please and it works (the staff are also fantastic dancers – one or two must have had professional training in dance in my opinion as they were too good for words. They were much than the guests would try to keep up with these dancers after having one too many but they sadly were not anywhere near as good to watch!) I also like the resident band they were great, very underrated. We never had a problem with the red flag service and were always served promptly at every bar. Most of the guests were American but there are also some British.
My only gripe is with our tour operator. We went with First Choice and our rep did not turn up at 9.30 am, the time she put on her card for the welcome meeting. We waited half an hour and the hotel guest relations came over helped us by ringing her immediately (see what I mean about friendly service). As they could not get through to her they left her a message but we still did not hear from her so near the end of the holiday the hotel rang her for us again and this time we got thorough. She tried to imply it was OUR fault telling us we were supposed to be there at 2.30pm! I was pretty angry at this but this was not the hotels fault they tried to help, it was the incompetent First Choice staff. We booked our trip with the hotel anyway for the same price and the hotel also takes you to the airport so we did not see her at all and had no need to thankfully!
Ladies you can wear high heels here if you wish, I did. You can dress up if you want but it is necessary to have some smart clothing for the fine dining restaurant.
My views really just reflect what the many other positive reviews say so I am not going to write anymore, just be confident you are making a good choice if you choose this hotel as I this place is amazing and I feel it does deserve 5 stars. It has charm and is not another one of those sterile glass and marble affairs you find in other resorts! Jamaica seems to have a lot of poverty and when you are travelling to the resort you realise this so maybe that is off putting to some but we loved the place.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank DiscerningG66