This was our first visit to SATP, feb 23-mar 1...last year we went to Breezes Negril..thought nothing could top it..well we have a new love! This experience was exactly what we had chosen. We wanted a new and different experience, no beach front, emmersed in foliage, trees, bamboo, flora...very serene. We arrived at tree house 604..which we had read was terrible! Yes, the road is beside the room, however...after one night it didn't bother us...we had requested a new room for the following day, but chose to stay put due to the privacy this room gave us..no one could see our deck or room!! Yep, romantic privacy :) we brought candles and lite our deck every night....and even slept on the daybed one night. The food was very good, a little too safe for me, I've come to like the flavour of the island :) Staff was helpful and polite, but we always seemed to beat them to the coffee station each morning ;) Beach grill for lunch is a must!!! Carlina is a love and a fab Q'er. The guys at the bar are fast and nice :0 Call out to Tion and Klevan (?) they are becoming masters of the juggling stixs! Randy at the beach is wonderful, always happy to see you and happy to answer any questions......Our BEST discover of the trip was RANDY -owner of John Wayne Tours- he is found outside the gate happily waiting to give to the time of your life!!! Our excursion to YS Falls was the best $$ spent, but 9 hours of wow!!! The falls are worth the 120 minutes to get there.....we stopped a the Peter Tosh birthday bash on our way...about 400 rastafarians and....us! What a hoot! Safe, fun, spectacular....this was my partners best day ever!
The falls are beyond words.....breath taking.....we left the falls and Randy took us for lunch. There on the side of the road and old gas staion like hut, 3 odd chairs, 1 table...and outdoor fire and 6-7 pots of unknown treasures...we all had the curried goat, rice & beans, fried plantains, yam and 2 red strip! $20...and a hell of a feast! The chef proudly showed me his kitchen :) we headed the long way home...tour thru Bamboo ave...thru one hell of a thunderstorm to top it all off!!!!! Oh, I forgot the pepper shrimp ladies on the side of the road...must do!!!!!
We went touring with Randy again 2 nights later, and whaile everyone else was at Ricks Cafe...we were watching the most beautiful sunset from the lighthhouse...yep just the 3 of us... and we could see Ricks from our spot thinking..if they only knew!!! Randy took us, and a another couple we picked up at Ricks, Cheryl & Randy:), and headed to the 3 Dives cafe for dinner...and what a dinner!!!!! 1 1/2 lobster for us and jerk chicken to die for...Randy had goat again, lol!!!
We saw Randy everyday and he MADE our vacation that much better...check him out if you are heading down....wonderful person.......
I'm not a nick-picker so little tings like sandfleas or ants or mosqitoes aren't worth a mention- common sense folks. We "lost" a pair of boots, hoodie,juggling stixs,thermal mug,broke another Ipod.......and recived a PRICELESS vacation......
Next year will be staying at a locally owner resort as Randy showed us some excellent options for a real Jamaican vacation again next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort