2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
PricelineUS$69
Orbitz.comUS$127
TravelocityUS$127
All reviews hummingbird suite the penthouse full kitchen sea grape trees queen bed our home away from home blue mountain coffee catcha falling star lobster mile jamaica properties locals hut
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

At arrival the first things that meets you is a garden kept immaculate and friendly staff ready to help make your stay the best every. Our company of 3 stayed 11 nights in a 2 room and kitchenette “apartment”. Roomy with very comfortable beds and pillows. The AC kept room cool and comfortable when needed.

The beach area was kept clean and nice and there was always ample amount of beach chairs. The natural shade from the trees was a both beautify and practical.

Yvonne, the very experienced masseuse offers her services on the property. The experience of being outside on the beach getting a wonderful healing massage was something all three of us enjoyed. Yvonne also offered facials, manicures, pedicures and hair braiding.

Tony’s Tours was recommended by the office. Tony took us on two tours and to the airport. Very competitive rate and safe driving in the crazy Jamaican traffic. He took time to add extra stops along the way that showed the local Jamaica. A tour at the local market and in an elementary school. We will absolutely hire Tony on our next trip.

The friendly staff and 24 hour security made us feel very safe.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank bozzladie
Reviewed 8 March 2020

I love this little place on the beach in Negril, Jamaica!
It works for me as a solo traveler.
I prefer the oceanview rooms.
The staff is caring and helpful.
The location is the best if one does not want to do the cliffs solo. I love the cliffs but this is better for me alone.
Fours years staying at the Firefly.
Thanks to all who make this delightful place happen!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Dawn A
Reviewed 7 March 2020

Love the location on the beach, love the gardens. Great restaurant at C Grapes.
Very friendly staff! Best of all was that we booked the Hummingbird Suite which has the expansive balcony and ocean view. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Hummingbird suite is a must
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank Matt G
Reviewed 2 March 2020

We stayed here the end of February and our room was a larger room enough for a family. The cottages are cute, but not as updated as some may want. Some beds were comfortable, some very hard. Staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. This is a family friendly resort, which is what drew us to Firefly. Aliyah, Dennis, Addie, and the grounds guy work their tails off. Amazing workers!!! Food is good, but the draw is to be able to go up and down 7 Mile Beach and go to other places to eat and experience all the beach has to offer. As much as I like this place I am only giving in 3 stars due to the fact that on Tuesday of this past week we had been swimming in the ocean and a large catamaran type boat drove by with all NUDE individuals! How gross and disrespectful due to the fact that I was in the ocean swimming with my children and a man was swimming his man hood around and a woman was twerking so hard we could see EVERYTHING!!!!!!! How gross and disrespectful! This boat should be well off shore, especially since there are children around and should not be witnessing this display of drunken behaviors. Overall it was a good vacation, but beware of this NUDE BOAT excursion! One last note is the roosters! OMG every morning these roosters start squawking waking us up at 4AM. If you are a light sleeper, this is NOT the place for you.

1  Thank familyMOM5523
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Wow! We absolutely loved every moment of our stay at Firefly. The central location on the gorgeous 7 mile beach is a slice of heaven. We stayed with our family in the Pelican Suite which was huge! It felt like we had our own house steps from the beach: 2 bedrooms and full, well-equipped kitchen. The master bedroom was dreamy and romantic with it's four poster bed, and floor-length breezy curtains fluttering with the breeze. I slept like a baby every single night, something I never, ever experienced at a hotel before.

I can't say enough about the kindness and helpfulness of all the staff at Firefly. Kamara at the front desk was lovely and made everything smooth from our booking process, to planning an excursion, to arranging transportation, and everything in between. We will never forget the lovely kind people who were ever ready to help: Tanya, Janice, Adesha, Dennis, Mauvette. Tanya left our room sparkling clean every day and left us with a fresh pile of fluffy towels. She was so kind and always had a smile on her face. Dennis at the restaurant was so sweet and ever ready to help. We felt so welcomed throughout our stay.

We also felt very safe at Firefly with 24-hour security. The beach guard ( I wish I knew his name) kept a very careful watch over the beach. I even forgot my phone on the beach once, and he noticed and saved it for me until I returned from my walk. The beach sellers we encountered were all polite and moved on if we said we weren't interested. We did however enjoy supporting their businesses whenever possible by buying fresh juice, bracelets and handmade goods. Firefly is also a short 10-minute walk from a small strip mall that has a bank, pharmacy, and some souvenir shops.

If I ever have the privilege of visiting beautiful Jamaica again, I would most definitely want to stay at Firefly. Best memories ever!

2  Thank mooniecanada