10 people are viewing this hotel
US$81
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$90
Free cancellation until 22/01/22
Trip.com
US$73
Official HotelUS$81
PricelineUS$81
travelup.comUS$91
1,453 results
All reviews standard room home away from home swim up bar gift shop the entire staff glass bottom boat romeo security beach jamaica resort mile trevor bartender shout vendors housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2021 via mobile

Had a great time. The property was super chilled and relaxing. Tanesha at the desk was super friendly and the housekeepers did an awesome job. The property is well kept and the rooms are very clean. Beautiful Beach and a great swimming pool.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KreshanLawrence
Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

Myself and my Mother frequently visit Jamaica to visit family and friends. We have visited Travellers Hotel once before. We had a fantastic time. The staff members are all so warm and welcoming. We are booked again for January 2022. I have been in contact with a member of the team ( Shellian) I have to say her Customer Service is exceptionally good. She has been corresponding with me via Email. She has not left any stone on turned to help and assist my requests. I have to say that I feel she is a credit to the team. Thank you. Look forward to seeing you in January.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2021

We selected the travelers to spend a long weekend in 7 miles. The location of the hotel on the beach is excellent, the beach staff very helpful and friendly.
The hotel was a bit crowded so it was a bit rough in the rooms.
The restaurant was quite good, although the service times were average for the island.
check-in was smooth but when we received our room we were again asked for our original ID documents, something we thought could have been done initially.
The cost of drinks at the beach bar is average, in our case we brought our own drinks and they were always ready to provide us with ice, free of charge.
Most of the staff complied with biosecurity protocols except for a few who did not wear their mouth covers.
is a very good option to be on seven miles with family or friends.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank carribos
Reviewed 12 September 2021

I give a resounding YES to all aspects of my stay at Travellers. I returned yesterday after a 7 night stay, following a year long stay in Jamaica. The hotel is situated at the beginning of the 7 mile strip and has a beautiful patch of sand and sea, which is well tended by the gardening team, security and the lifeguards. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are well cared for. I stayed in a standard room, which was very comfortable, with a great fan and air conditioning. I ate almost every meal at Travellers and pretty much enjoyed my stay on the hotel grounds, without exploring Negril too much this time. The staff were very helpful and tried to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I was very comfortable going for long walks along the beach or in the area. The No Movement Days (3) did not interfere with my enjoyment and I would strongly encourage anyone to come along to see what is on offer at this resort.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank SoloShirl
Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Modern, reasonably priced rooms but you will soon find out why the rooms are so cheaply priced. Often you get what you pay for but this hotel needs to thank the heavens they have such amazing restaurant staff.

Pros:

- Modern Room
- Restaurant staff and life guards are just such lovely people. Specific mention of Antoinette one of the waitresses.
-Right on Negril beach.
-cocktails are good

The good stuff ends there.

Cons
- Dirty Q tips and random bra pads found in two of the rooms, I mean we’re they even cleaned? Quite alarming since we are in a pandemic and cleaning measures should be a top priority.

- shower flooded the bathroom then ran out to the bedroom every time you dared to stand in it and clean yourself. Told reception maintenance man came poured something down it after telling me he doesn’t think that there is a problem, for the problem to persist. Thank goodness we were leaving. This was particularly dangerous for my 5 and 2 year olds as we had to clear the water up quickly to make sure they did not slip.

- Two towels in room for a family of 4 which had to be used to stop the flooding of the room. If you did need more you better put all your clothes back on and walk all they way to reception to ask for more which may not arrive.

- No care taken in attempting to control mosquitoes which take over your room, we booked three rooms and all had crazy amounts inside, not ideal with small children and a 8 month old baby.

- At night you may as well invite everyone in to have a party in your room as you can hear everything, the children were woken up continuously throughout the night by shouting, arguing. One such argument a lady threatened a man that she would go and get her gun and shoot him!!!!! Safe to say I did not sleep that night.
There is supposedly security which I would of thought would handle these situations and try and encourage guests to keep the noise to a minimum.
There was a man sleeping in the reception who was not a guest of the hotel. My sister was working abroad and went down at 3 am to find him slumped on the lobby sofa.
Again I thought we had security to assure this does not happen.

- Restaurant food is mediocre. I ordered the ackee and salt fish for breakfast which came swimming in oil!

- you will get eaten alive by mosquitoes at the restaurant so be sure to cover yourself in repellant.

- some of us were given towel cards some weren’t so had to share 4 between the 8 of us.

The list definitely goes on but there is a taster of what is install for you should you wish to risk it. Whilst the price is low I don’t think it is much to ask for a clean room and efficient security, it hey maybe that was too much to expect.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Justy0310
Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Hi Justine,

I do regret that you did not have an overall positive experience with us. Your comfort, security, and enjoyment are deeply important to us and I do hope with our direct conversations and actions taken you can see the truth in that.

We do appreciate the positive feedback with respect to our location on Negril Beach, our modern rooms and our Staff in the areas you’ve mentioned. Note that during the pandemic lockdown, we took the time to renovate/upgrade some of our facilities, change out bedding, linen, towels and added a new gym. We remain committed to providing our guest with high quality accommodations, outstanding guest services, competitive pricing and an authentic Jamaican experience.

With regards to the incident in your rooms, I can assure you that the circumstances you describe are unique and ones that we are vigilantly addressing internally. Cleanliness is absolutely a foremost priority for our organization and we’ve had a record of positive feedback throughout the pandemic as expressed in many reviews and surveys that we track.

In regards to the noise at night, the particular dates you stayed attracts young festival goers who at times create noise challenges that we manage carefully during these 5 days. Our sincere apologies for not shielding your family from the noise completely throughout your stay. The guest on property are not typical visitors. We therefore recommend booking outside of Dream Weekend Festival dates for family travelers.

In regards to mosquitos this is not normally a huge issue in our rooms but it is something that we can manage and would have liked the opportunity to have done so for you.

Security is paramount and we actually had additional security each night of the festival. We have since met with our team and we are confident that our property was indeed secure although noise abatement was an issue. The person that was observed on the couch of our lobby was a guest that we were aware of. We appreciate your critical comments here.

Your issues related to maintenance in the room and towel cards is indeed something that should have been resolved without further issue. We have discovered the reasons behind this and we’ve taken action to address them. Thanks for pointing this out.

Although critical, we appreciate your comments and see the opportunity to improve our operation. We are committed to you, our valued guest and will always look to enhance the experience we provide. I hope with another opportunity to host you again we can share that with you.

Thanks again for your feedback.