Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
7,014 results
All reviews fish sanctuary singing barman jerk chicken entertainment staff ricks cafe swim up bar jerk hut every other day bloody bay club hotel quiet pool a la carte restaurants mini bar water shoes sea urchins ys falls the beach is nice
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021

This trip Was one to remember, Once i arrived at the Riu, i was welcomed with a tropical drink. Most of the staff at the resort were very friendly. I stayed in the building 2 it was lovely and quiet.Food was excellent! Breakfast buffet (not self-service, due to covid) had a bountiful selection, with lots of delicious Jamaican dishes as well as the usual international stuff. I enjoyed the Jerk Hut for lunch. service in few of the restaurants was incredible. Few issues was there but didn’t allow it from enjoying my vacation.
I Would visit again for sure.

1  Thank SweetJamaicaman
Reviewed 7 August 2021

We are staying here now from UK.We are 10 days in and I have to say we are having the time of our lives.

Fantastic staff, incredible entertainment ... silver birds Steel band out this world.

Great food, loads of choice.

Beautiful setting and location. Super water sports.

Riks cafe superb. A beautiful nation of friendly people.

We have fallen in love with jamaica

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank vickydE4446NW
Reviewed 3 August 2021

Currently staying here. Been here over a week so far and I’ll be honest it’s the worst resort I’ve stayed at, given this is my 4th visit to Jamaica and I love the island our experience as a family here has been awful. The food in the buffet is VERY hit and miss. Some of it looks the part but as soon as you try it you’ll be spitting it back at the plate. Cold pastas that are meant to be hot etc. All of us have gotten sick. I’m currently bed bound in the room due to not being able to move far from the toilet. Not ideal when I have a toddler travelling with me. Rooms are tired, bits falling off left right and centre. Overall the resort is small. Kids pool was closed and drained for the first 4 days of our stay however that has now reopened but not everything’s working in there. Not enough for the kids to do whatsoever and I find myself bored most days there just isn’t much going on. Nightly entertainment the other night was a YouTube comedy sketch video played on a big screen in the theatre. Depressing to be honest with you. There just isn’t a great vibe in this place. Ants are absolutely EVERYWHERE. No snacks available for my toddler throughout the day and Pringles in the local resort shop cost 8 US dollars. 5 usd for a measly packet of crisps. The snacks in the ‘sports bar’ are absolutely vile. Stale PLAIN popcorn and day old sandwiches they reheat in a microwave - nothing else available. Restaurants close for lunch at 3pm and so if you miss the window i.e toddler napping, you have to wait until 18:30pm to get any food as that’s when the restaurants open. Imagine that with a toddler that’s already struggling to eat the vile food. Some areas on the beach absolute stink of sewage. I have a week left here and I cannot wait to go home and that’s the hand on heart truth. DO NOT waste your money here for the love of god, there’s so much better out there and this ISNT IT. Two other British families that I met here also travelling with young children couldn’t agree more, this isn’t a place you bring your family. If your coming for a party and a place to rest your head, by all means stay. Everyone else? Avoid at all costs. There’s much better out with there that truly cater for families with resort staff interested in you. This place isn’t it. Don’t waste your money you’ll be sourly disappointed in this place.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Beachburi
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Dear Beachburi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We regret to read that your first impressions of the resort have not lived up to your expectations. We encourage guests that are still at the hotel to contact our Front Desk staff in order to resolve any issues. They will be more than happy to assist you and make your stay as pleasant as possible.

We sincerely hope that during the rest of your vacation we are able to change your perspective about our services and despite the inconveniences that you experienced we truly hope that you can offer us another opportunity to welcome you again in one of our Worldwide premises and regain your trust in our brand and service.

We remain with warm regards,

Hotel Riu Negril
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2021

The restaurant staff was great very helpful and informative the housekeeper was excellent and understanding ,also the front desk personnel she gave us helping support n i love that even upon arrival the parking lot was full and the security gave us a spot and i was happy they treated us as a real guest thumbs up to everyone

1  Thank Jhenellerich
Reviewed 31 July 2021

I stayed here for five nights, family of 5…it was an awesome experience! The staff here deserves a platinum award for service! Place was just so lovely and relaxing, looking forward to next year…………..

2  Thank Michelles1013577