Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
7,015 results
All reviews fish sanctuary singing barman jerk chicken entertainment staff ricks cafe swim up bar jerk hut every other day bloody bay club hotel quiet pool a la carte restaurants mini bar water shoes sea urchins ys falls the beach is nice
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

We travelled as a family, 2 adults and 2 children aged 4 and 7. We had a fantastic holiday filled with fun notwithstanding the covid restrictions. We felt the hotel followed covid protocols thoroughly which made for a safe environment.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, particularly to the kids and a special mention must go to Paradise, Bones and Tiny for excellent entertainment.

The rooms were perfectly adequate for our needs and were cleaned to a high standard each day.

We loved that there was no limitations on the amount of times you could dine in the speciality restaurants and it was lovely not to have to visit a buffet every night.

The water sports which were included free of charge were great fun and run very professionally.

All in all we had a great family holiday and would return in a heartbeat.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank susanrV2648LZ
Reviewed 19 August 2021

Overall the hotel was amazing only thing i think they need to improve is there food. Needs more jamaican dish. Also they can have more entertaining shows. Everyone is kind and welcoming. Their entertainers are really good give Lady Paradise a raise very talented young woman and works very hard.

Review collected in partnership with riu.com
Reviewed 17 August 2021

I enjoyed my stay at RIU. I really loved the food at Seagulls and my server Noteisha was great she always had a smile and answered all of our crazy questions very professional, she is one of the reasons I will return. The rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable. Mario at the beach bar was also great with the drinks.

Review collected in partnership with riu.com
Reviewed 16 August 2021

My son and I are staying at the resort still at this point but I wanted to jump in and give a heads up to people who are thinking about coming ! So far we have to say the staff are amazing , the food is pretty good except it is getting busier they should Open more restaurants . But saying that we have had amazing choices so can’t complain at all . Plenty of beach chairs available I think my only concern is they don’t sanitise the beach loungers or clean the beach regularly yet when I have walked to The other side of the bay the beaches are pristine . There is a lot of crap on the beach but people im guessing are not particularly bothered . The hotel itself is spotless and you do have to wear a mask all the time so they are strict . If your looking for a peaceful holiday this hotel is not for you as they do blast music all day on the beach . The drinks at the beach hut are not the best and the bartender is pretty miserable but the rest of the staff are amazing and very helpful . Breakfast is great plenty of fresh fruit , coffee and an assortment of pastries and cereal . Lunch again has plenty of salads and hot food and dinner is pretty good aswell .
All in all I would recommend this hotel if it’s something your looking at !

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Mancitydad
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Dear Mancitydad,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.

While we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us and you appreciated most of our workers dedicated and accommodating service, the hotel´s cleanliness and our gastronomic variety, we would like to apologize for the disturbance you experienced by the loudly played music on the beach. Please note, should any activities be disruptive, you can always contact our resort team and they will be happy to intervene discreetly if necessary.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that despite the inconveniences that you experienced, you will give us another opportunity to host you soon.

Have a great day,

Hotel Riu Negril
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2021

I received such wonderful service today!

I’m in Jamaica to bury my father in St. Mary and the last few weeks have been so stressful and heartbreaking. I checked into the Riu for the remaining part of my stay in Jamaica and decided to get a massage to try and relax.

Right away I was greeted with friendly remarks from the staff! Shakira noticed my tenseness and that I was feeling sad and I let her know what had happened and why I was in Jamaica. Immediately, she reassured me and provided me with the kindest words that really helped to ease some of the sadness I was feeling and calmed me down.

I was guided into the room and my masseuse Jodiann began my massage and it was absolutely wonderful. She knew my tension areas and knew exactly what to do. I left my massage feeling so amazing and relaxed.

Thank you so much to Shakira and Jodiann, may the same kindness you bestowed unto me be rewarded back to you in abundance.

Take care.
Royale G

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple