Trip.com
WIOL.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
7,014 results
All reviews fish sanctuary singing barman jerk chicken entertainment staff ricks cafe swim up bar jerk hut every other day bloody bay club hotel quiet pool a la carte restaurants mini bar water shoes sea urchins ys falls the beach is nice
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First I must made mention of the Telephone Operator Dwight, he was very informative. Kemar at check in was not welcoming, I went to 2025 ( door was open) instead of 2045, Lenox at the front desk was very nice he went and got the keys reprogrammed and had a lady open the door while he did so. Lenox at the Buffet was very nice, he along with the other sang me happy birthday and brought a cake on his head :) The room was nice, the grounds were beautiful well kept but the food was subpar.

1  Thank 782subrinaf
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 782subrinaf,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write us about your experience in our hotel.

It is great to hear you enjoyed the attentive services of most of our staff members! Our priority is to provide a friendly and accommodating atmosphere and we strive to make every guest feel at home.

We are also glad you appreciated the beautifully maintained grounds and your room´s commodity and we do hope you allow us another opportunity to welcome you soon again.

We wish you all the best,

Hotel Riu Negril
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2021

Overall my stay was pleasant. I have stayed at other RIU resorts and this one was just ok. It's not a large resort, however I just needed a short beach getaway. The food was ok. If you want hot food, best time to go to the restaurants is when they first open. Ate at the Jerk Hut on the beach, jerk chicken not really authentic and was cold. All the restaurants were not open, which makes sense because the resort did not have a lot of guests.
Entertainment staff worked very hard despite not many people in attendance at activities or show, you would have thought they were performing in front of 100's of people.

Beach was not great. Water was not clear and blue, wear water shoes. Sand was not soft but hard. Be prepared for locals to bother you while trying to relax on the beach trying to sell you weed and everything else.

Beware of bug bites. I have itchy bumps all over my body. I feel like I did when I got chicken pox as a child!

I got upgraded from an oceanview room to an oceanfront! Room was ok. Bed was not comfortable, safe did not work and I had no hot water my entire stay! Housekeeping didn't service room until after 4PM! I had to send the housekeeper away because I needed to take a nap after being out my room since 6am.

Best thing about the resort were the people who worked there, everyone was friendly and greeted me when ever they passed me. Restaurant and front desk staff were awesome.

I love Jamaica, however I will not stay at the Riu Negril again.

3  Thank travelgirl13012

Dear travelgirl13012,

Many thanks for being a loyal guest and for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to read that overall, you had an enjoyable stay with us and you appreciated the accommodating and attentive service of our employees.

We are sorry however that we did not manage to live up to your expectations in all aspects this time and that you felt disturbed by vendors on the beach. Unfortunately, we cannot avoid vendors passing along the beach but at the same time, we do everything in our hands to ensure everyone at the hotel has a great vacation.

We also regret that you encountered the above-mentioned inconveniences in your room. We would have loved to hear from you during your stay with the aim to assist with those concerns and to provide you with additional mattress toppers.

We hope that despite this you will give us another chance to welcome you in one of our Worldwide premises in the near future for a better experience.

Please receive our warmest regards,

Hotel Riu Negril
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

Well sitting here waiting for our transfer to the airport. What can I say had a brilliant 2 weeks here good staff clean hotel food good. Entertainment staff Tiny,Emoji,Paradise,Famous and Bones you couldn't get a better team excellent at their job and work so well together thank you for the fun guys.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank E6268TCtracyw
Reviewed 18 September 2021

It was a great trip, enjoyed every moment... The food was excellent. Even though it rained we had a great time. Rooms were excellent. The only thing I wish we had a way to get to the room when it rained.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with riu.com
1  Thank Nacky809
Reviewed 17 September 2021

I was welcomed so warmly by every division of staff. The Front Desk was so accommodating, always checking to be sure my needs were met throughout my stay (Tanyah, Alecia, Tameika, Toni and Alexis. just to name a few)!

The Housekeeping staff provided a clean, inviting environment to all areas (Shelly Ann and Paula, as well as those whose names I cannot recall).

The cuisine and drinks were exceptional. I got to know Sericka as one of my favorite servers, and Babesha, Yanique and Shawn who also provided wonderful service to me.

LaToya at the entertainment bar was my best friend on this trip. She made excellent drinks for me, and she is someone I will keep in touch with long after my trip. ONeill is great! He is so funny and kept me laughing each time I saw him in the evenings!

"Hats off" to Emoji and Famous" for their dancing. Paradise is an amazing singer who is one day going to take her singing career to the limits. Tiny is such a great talent in every respect. The Michael Jackson impersonator, the Rim Shot Band, and the Cultural Dance Team couldn't have entertained me more!

Joseph and Robin took me and the other guests snorkeling, swimming through caves, and a brief visit to Rick's Cafe. Elijah, a Taxi driver, took me on a 3-hour tour through the nearby hills and to a Hummingbird Sanctuary. One of the best 3 hours of my vacation.

I thank all the staff at the Hotel Riu Negril for making my trip the best trip ever!!! I never felt so loved away from home!

1  Thank Transientlady