Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$110
Agoda.comUS$92
Hotels.comUS$92
PricelineUS$110
Orbitz.comUS$92
eDreamsUS$110
All reviews west end saltwater pool front office honeymoon suite the entire staff real jamaica ocean view callaloo montego bay jerk chicken bonfire shuttle paul cliffs property mile vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2021

I cannot in good faith recommend this place. I booked it primarily due to reviews, but was astounded with the low quality of the place. I feel 3/5 is being generous. We booked the best room, their large suite including a kitchen with ocean views. When we arrived, we were shown to our room, the lady (maid) left, almost nothing worked (appliances). There was no dish soap, dish sponge, or even a lighter to turn on the stove. The room appeared very dated. It was really dirty. Towels were blood stained, hairs on sheets. My toddler even found some weed buds in the middle floor. There was only like 2 spoons and I believe 1 old pan only. We took an hour to figure out most of the appliances were not plugged in. We had to move most them including the fridge to plug it in. We had reserved a crib in advance. It was not there, the manager stated it was not possible to get it until the next day (which we never got). Things were closed that day in town due to a holiday and we ordered some basic things, like water and some sodas (coke and sprite) from the manager in addition to dish soap, sponge, broom. A few minutes later a worker came to drop off the water and the sodas (weirdly enough they sent a grape soda, not sure why, they had confirmed the had the other flavors). It was too late to move to another hotel. The next morning we went to the front office, we ended up meeting the owner, she was very empathetic, nice. She did her best to accommodate, we asked to be switched rooms to another more modern (although probably less than half the size room). We never did get the crib and we kept the small room (but not dated) for a couple of nights until we left. Even though all this happened, we ended up paying the full rate price for the suite which we didn't even stay in (for exception of 1 night). We even ate breakfast there a couple of mornings (kinda of expensive). We were at least expecting them to refund the difference in the price of the room, but we paid full price for the suite. On the positive side, the exterior grounds were nice, secluded. The breakfast was good and the employee Romaine was really nice. Our accomodation in Montego Bay the rest of the days was superb and was 1/2 the price.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank TejasIII
Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Westender for six nights in one of the cottages. The property is gorgeous, pushed right against the ocean. There are three pools on the property, two saltwater and one freshwater. The saltwater pools are both on the ocean, and the waves splash off the reef and into the pool. The sunset views are enough reason to stay here, but what set the Westender apart for us was the hospitality of the staff. They consistently went above and beyond to accommodate us, take care of us and make us comfortable. Tino, the driver, took us everywhere we wanted to go, helped us plan our excursions, and essentially acted as our personal tour guide. He went out of his way to make sure we had an amazing experience and our trip would not have been the same without him. Parchie, Natasha, Alex, and San combined to provide wonderful service at the bar/restaurant. Jahvid, Ashanti, and Sheree were also very professional, warm, and welcoming in the office. Mr Brown the Clown was the man at the gate and also very helpful in scheduling transportation. Samantha the housekeeper and Leon the groundskeeper were also lovely. The entire staff really seems like a family, which makes the Westender a very comfortable place that we really didn’t want to leave. Overall, we had an amazing time, highly recommend staying here and will be back as soon as we can.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2021

just back from another trip to the Westender for a week and had a perfect time! The hotel is a couple miles outside Negril away from all the noise and people of the big tourist zones.We spent our days lounging in the salt water pools and eating really good food at the on site restaurant.We had fresh tuna one night,really good jerk chicken another, fruit plates and calaloo omlets with homemade toast in the mornings, and fresh produce from their on site garden, The grounds are immaculate with beautiful and interesting plant life.If you pay attention there is a great bird population around:mocking birds, conures ,hawks, pelicans,and so many more. We made one day trip to Half Moon bay for some sandy beach time, its a secluded jungle with a big shallow sandy bay and a little bar and restaurant,another great place to get away from the crowds.The Westender isn't perfect, there will be a window that won't open or a light that won't work but they are just small things that don't really matter.The bed was comfortable (I'm picky) The nights were Quiet except the frogs and the ocean.Of corse we"ll be back!

Date of stay: October 2021
2  Thank 42rockoman
Reviewed 4 September 2021

The Westender Inn was a great start to my vacation. I booked a cottage for 3 nights before moving into Montego Bay to meet my travel group. I was very nervous at first being that I was traveling alone. Padgi the bartender made me fell very welcomed and put all my fears at ease. Tino was my driver. He took me shopping and stayed close by to make sure I was ok. I felt very safe and protected. Tino is a very knowledgeable man with a great sense of humor. Santoni is a very talented performer and will one day become a star. Mr Brown made sure of my safety and was very good company for me. The food was delicious! I tried all new foods. The curried goat, oxtails and the lobster omelet are things you must try. I felt peace and love during my stay. I will always return to the Westender. It will forever be my home away from home. One love Mon!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Ladyh1979
Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

During our 8-nights stay (Grace storm came by…), we really could appreciate having cool interactions with staff, people here are so nice ( Coleen, Toni, San,…plus people from JUTA, Franklin, Robert),
We had such an incredible view on the sea from our room, we could experience sunset, falling rain, high wind, amongst tropical plants and trees,
The food there is amazing with national dishes every day (we had a bonfire on Sunday night),
Then, it is such a peaceful place, out of the highly touristic resorts,
Jamaican soul is living here, for sure.

Date of stay: August 2021