“This is the best place to stay in all of Jamaica!”
Review of Citronella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Citronella
Ranked #48 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I heard about Citronella through a friend that went there. I have been planing to go to Jamaica for quite a while. Once I heard about this resort I looked it up online and was blown away. I booked my flight and stayed there for ten days. This was my first vacation in three years and really wanted to have a relaxing experience. That is exactly what I got. The property is settled on the cliffs of Negril and is so well maintained. The views are breath taking from every spot on the property. The staff was very polite and helpful. They always greeted me with a smile and genuinely cared about how I was doing every day. It was the perfect getaway. I will forever be a fan. If you ever want to go to Jamaica and have a wonderful experience I would recommend that you stay here. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 24 March 2011

My friend and I just returned from a wonderfully relaxing stay at Citronella. The owners and staff were very kind and at the same time, made sure we had our privacy and space. It was very clean, grounds well kept, excellent coffee was served and it's situated in wonderful location on the West End Cliffs. If rest, restoration, quiet, and simple beauty are what you're after...look no further. The views and privacy are perfect. The pictures on their website do it justice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Spent my 1st anniversary/New Year's eve in the conch house. Renting the other side is advised. Cathy recommended it and I'm glad we did. I didn't find the rustic nature uncomfortable at all. They are very upfront about it. I don't think you'll find that kind of privacy at any of the other resorts. John, Cathy, and Trevor were wonderful hosts. The views were breathtaking. Even the continental breakfast was a nice way to start the morning. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 24 February 2011

The place was incredible. There was so much to do and so much to see. The location being in the middle of everything made everything so convenient.The place itself, the roundhouse, was so neat. There was nothing more beautiful than sitting on the porch in one of the hammocks and seeing the sun come up and nothing below you because you are right on the cliff itself. It was an amazing experience for the both of us.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I have already submitted a review of this wonderful resort perced high up on the cliffs of Negril so I will try not to be redundant. A hammock at Citronella is one of my favorite relax and rewind places in the world. Whenever I am really stressed I close my eyes and say "hammock, hammock".
I have had two stays since my last review. Both of them in the Cove House. In June there were six of us: coworkers, friends and family for a week. Of the Six, three were new to Jamaica. Five women from 25 years old to 61 years old and one lucky guy (my oldest son). The Cove House was easily large enough for all of us although we spent very little time inside. We spent most of our time on the deck, in the hammocks or treking around Negril. There was no AC and it was not needed. The ceiling fans and ocean breezes kept the interior cool enough for comfort. We made some great meals in the large kitchen put the blender to good use with our Sunset Drinks.
I returned in January for 10 days at the Cove House with a smaller group, and a different son. The weather was cooler and at times I had to reach for another blanket at night but it was hot during the day and the sea was calm enough to swim in on every day we were there. The nights were wonderfully quiet after the music from Ricks died down which is never loud enough to be a bother anyway.
The days, although hot, were cool enough for long treks during the morning and we took a couple of interesting walks out past the lighthouse all the way to the Westender. There is a wonderful little community down that way, a couple of tiny stores, rum shops, small private gardens, skinny island dogs and lots of goats. There is very little traffic and it is quite peaceful. Murphys Chicken, Out of Town Patties and Whoppie's palapa bar are available for pit stops on the way. You can get a wonderful lunch at the Westender and they will call at taxi to get you back if you decide not to walk.
We stocked up on provisions at Wise Choice Market and would throw a bag of ice into the freezer every couple of days.
Several improvements were made since we had been in June. A brand new beautiful deck was put on the Great House suitable for wedding parties. The Cave House was repainted a beautiful turquoise blue. There were new sun chairs, lounge chairs and we had a brand new sun umbrella. The Cave House had a brand new bed. Unforturnately, the parrots we had grown to love on previous trips had been displaced during the hurricane and were nowhere to be found except one young one that was saved and kept by Trevor, one of the workers who lives on the grounds.
Citronella is a wonderful place to just relax. John and Cathy do a good job of taking care of their guests. I ran out of propane while cooking my Rasta Pasta one evening and there was a fresh tank in the kitchen within 10 minutes. No Problem.
Wifi is free at the Great House. We could also pick it up on our back porch. During high season a fruit, bread and coffee continental breakfast is served. If we were out on our walks and missed the breakfast it was saved for us in the kitchen. Coffee and tea can always be had during the day and there is a coffee maker and frige in all the rooms.
During my walks I was able to stop and tour the Westender, Samsara, Tensing Pen, Banana Shout, Catcha, Rockhouse, Seastar, Negril Escape, etc. I had stayed at several of these resorts in the past, but I wanted to see if they were updated and compare them to Citronella. While they are all beautiful resorts, the one I am going to return to is Citronella.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family