Citronella
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$824
US$749
  • Breakfast included
Kuyaba Hotel & Restaurant - Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$89
Catcha Falling Star Gardens(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$66
US$45
Hotels.com
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrick's cafewest endcolettecliffspropertysunsetjamaicaduplexsnorkel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I wasn't quite sure what to expect even though I looked at the website and the pictures thoroughly . What I found though exceeded all my expectations. The spectacular views, the sound of the ocean on the cliffs, the sunsets and the moon rising all made this the most natural and relaxing few days I could imagine . The cliff house was large and accommodating with an expansive patio on the water and plenty of space inside. The bedroom on the ocean was so intoxicating you didn't want to go to sleep . The hosts made you feel so at home and the breakfasts and dinners were expertly prepared. A new restaurant is being constructed that will have the best views in Negril and I can't wait to go back to experience it. All in all a wonderful, peaceful time to recharge oneself.

Room Tip: Cliff house is the largest with multiple bedrooms for families or couples
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James6663

James,
Thanks so much for the great review and we're happy to hear that our resort exceeded your expectations. We're actually in the process of redesigning our website and updating with current photography which will provide a more comprehensive portrayal of all we have to offer. Not to mention, our new full service restaurant, Citro, which we're very proud of, is nearly complete and will also offer breathtaking views of the ocean and cliffs. Again, we appreciate you choosing us and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

It is hard to explain how AWESOME the experience was staying at Citronella, but I will try my best. It was my first time leaving the states so I had no idea of what I was in for. Just getting off the plane and taking a cab to Negril was a life experience. I met the coolest cab driver Nai, who takes patrons back and forth from Montego Bay to Negril. The scenery was amazing on the ride, so much to take in and I had not even arrived at my spot. After arriving at Citronella, I was blown away by the beauty and majestic feel. Just hanging out is the thing to do. It took me the first night to get adjusted. You are not worried about anything going on anywhere else, life seems so easy and free and I could really get addicted to it. I really know what vacation means now. This is a place where you can really leave your troubles behind and get away from it all. The cottages are very quaint and unique with each one having something different to offer. There are private walkways from each cottage to the ocean. They are cool in themselves, the walkways are carved into the cliffs in a natural setting so you still have the feel of the limestone. I stayed in the Cove House which has the most breathtaking views of the ocean cliffs. I never knew how clear water could be until waking up and seeing the ocean on the porch at the Cave House. From standing on top of the cliffs you can see the bottom of the ocean. BUT THE BEST PART IS SNORKELING RIGHT OUTSIDE OF YOUR COTTAGE! REEFS ARE AT YOUR DOOR STEP! I was content with just hanging out and swimming/snorkeling at Citronella the whole time. However, the location is great as well. You can see The World Famous Ricks Café from the point and LTU's Bar is right next door. Seven Mile beach is just a short cab right away and many places to eat are in close proximity. If you want to experience the culture, nature, lifestyle and beauty, which I think is the purest form of Jamaica. Then you have to experience the greatest place in Jamaica, Citronella. Thanks you so much, John, Cathy, Adrian and Whit for one of the greatest times of my life. - Ian

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ian T

Ian,
Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I just returned from a 8 night stay at the Cove House, three days of which I was by myself and the next five days with a good friend and it was a perfect vacation. After a day or two my mind slowed down and I was able to relax. I thought I would not like being alone since I usually travel with my family and/or friends but it was a wonderful experience. I have stayed at many other places in Negril: Tensing Pen, Catcha, Rockhouse, Sea Grape Villas, Banana Shout and Idle Awhile. I don't even consider all inclusives. To me all inclusives are cement cities. The Grand Palladium looks like San Quentin. At night when you sleep at Citronella you hear the sound of the ocean, not the hum of air conditioners or the sound of tvs. No, no tv, no phone, no pool, no ac. Yes, magnificent views, bird sounds, ocean breezes, friendly smiles, great food, tropical gardens, clean comfortable beds, swimming and snorkeling just a few steps away, restaurants and bars within an easy walk, the beach a short cab ride: no contest. There is good wifi on the deck of the Cove House or in the Great House public area. A new restaurant is being built and will likely be open by winter that has killer views on the edge of the cliff facing the Caves. Meanwhile you can order dinner from Collette, the chef, or walk across the road to Kevin's Seasoned to the Bone Jerk stand, but go before sunset because he sells out and that is it. Ivans and LTU are within a short walk. Wise Choice Market is down the street and has just about every thing you will need from drinks to produce to sunscreen. Thank you to Trevor, Jennifer, Angela, Millie and Colette. Thank you John, Cathy and Adrian for not selling out Citronella and keeping it simple, beautiful and blissfully elegant.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank sfjam
citroJA, Manager at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy that given all the available accommodations in Negril that you chose us. We pride ourselves in NOT being your standard resort. Truly a place to come, relax and experience what Jamaica is really all about. Thanks again, and we hope to have you back!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Our family of 5 just got back from our stay at Citronella. Let me say that pictures cannot do this place justice. The location is excellent, and the way that the resort is laid out gave us much desired privacy. While this is not a "fancy" resort, it is one of the most relaxing and comfortable places we have ever stayed. The staff is very helpful and friendly without being overbearing. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We stayed at the Conch house for one night and the Cave house for 4 nights. We definitely preferred the snorkeling and the location of the Cave house, but you can't go wrong with either one. Our kids had a great time, and told us this was the best vacation ever. I wish I could give this place more than 5 stars....can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ERICRockHill_SC
citroJA, Manager at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thanks so much for the glowing review! So glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed at Citronella with a group of friends and had a very relaxing time. Citronella is perfect if you want to get away and not have to deal with a "tourist"-type vacation ambient. It's a good place to disappear to and escape the ongoings of the outside world. I stayed in the Cove House and the view is so beautiful overlooking the cliffs. The blue water is gorgeous and quite a sight to wake up to every day. You can always hear the water and waves lapping. It is so serene. This is a good place for those that like to cliff jump, snorkle, and spearfish. A pool would have made me enjoy the experience more, but there isn't one on-site. There is Wi-Fi in the Main House (and a cool blow hole).

The Staff: In the Main House, is Derek, who is sweet and always very helpful in the mornings and later whenever I asked for anything. Collete makes the Best. Fried. Chicken. I've never had better friend chicken. (You must try it)! She also made this amazing plantain appetizer with tomatoes. Heaven. Adrian is friendly and welcoming to the property. Trevor went out of his way to assist us and answer any questions we had. Milly is pure joy. She always had a smile on her face and made sure we had everything we needed in our cottage. I want to return to Citronella and next time I'd like to stay at the A-frame. It was my favorite cottage on-site. Oh, Jamaica. How I miss you.

Room Tip: The big bedroom in the back of the Cove House is massive. The front bedroom has a beautiful view. Use the mosquito nets but because it makes your vacation feel that much more!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
citroJA, Manager at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write the great view. So glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!