All reviews lime cay walk in closet tourism industry bath towels international airport an early flight quiet retreat norman manley red stripe hotel grounds nice place to stay room was large young lady the check in process the entire staff mini fridge blue mountain coffee
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I booked to stay here with a friend a couple of days ago as we were in Kingston for business. The photos looked really nice, and it seemed a decent price, so we went ahead and booked.

The location is a drive from Kingston central, but has amazing views at night and is quite unique. The room was much better than expected, and we were really impressed with having a kitchen, TV and air con in the rooms.

However, it went downhill from here. The swimming pool was green, and completely uninviting, in fact it was disgusting. We went to the bar in the evening, and felt excited by the 20 cocktails on offer, only to find that only 4 available and they didn't even have any cold red stripe!

The hotel ran out of water, which wasn't their fault, but was a big inconvenience for our trip as the whole time we were there we were unable to shower or flush the toilet.

Breakfast in the morning was very unappetizing, and processed, not what we were expecting.

The staff seemed very unfriendly, and unwilling to help, they did not make us feel comfortable.

We did get a complimentary massage which was very much appreciated, but we won't be coming back to stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charlotteholty
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We stayed here the last night of our honeymoon. I had communicated to them in writing weeks in advance of my concern about the last night of our honeymoon and my new wife's last memory of our trip, and they had responded in writing that we would have a suite. Instead, they were sold out, and they gave us a room with two twin beds! They offered NO reduction in price; NO offer to give us a room at another time; NO offer of any accommodation whatsoever. The room was extremely dated; the ac made noise because a part was loose; the door lock didn't work; there was no deadbolt on the door (first floor!); the bathroom door didn't close; mosquitoes in the room; no duvet, comforter or blankets anywhere - only a cover sheet; no place to put soap or shampoo in the shower; cigarette smoke coming under the connecting door from the room next door; guard at the gate was asleep; LOTS of deferred maintenance. We are in and out of Jamaica every month, and were excited to have a regular place to stay coming in and out of the airport. Based on our experience, we will not be staying there again.

Room tip: There are no quiet rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I was part of a group who came to visit the hotel restaurant. Although we didn’t book, they said they could accommodate our group of 16. We read menus and had drinks at the bar while they set up tables and gave us menus to read. When we eventually sat at the table, we ordered straight away.

We had to wait TWO AND A HALF HOURS for the food to come. The food was terrible and over priced. The chips were cold, the fish was stale, the wings undercooked, the coleslaw off and even a beef burger had to be sent back twice.

This was a big disappointment. Everything we ordered was either incorrect or disgusting.

This hotel is a beautiful setting to take pictures and have a drink at the bar. But not a place to eat good food. I will not come here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at this hotel.. however, the room need mirrors.. noting to look at yourself when getting ready to go out..the restaurant food was delicious but a little pricey... the hotel grounds was well kept, no security guard on duty at night or for the days which I was there...all the staffs which I dealt with was very friendly, kind, and helpful.. OMG!! Let’s talk about the spectacular view which this hotel offers at night... it’s something to die for and is going to take your breath away.. I love every moment!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank joshuajasmin
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed with my family.Me and my girls enjoyed the pool ,felt safe in the hotel rooms .The rooms where clean
,friendly staff, breakfast ok but should have more variety .Couldn't sleep in the room felt it was to warm,overall would come back,

Date of stay: July 2018