1,400 results
All reviews water pressure small resort star resort nightly entertainment beach towels recommend this resort jamaica vacation disco hammocks excursions
Reviewed 9 August 2016

My husband and I traveled here on 8/1/2016 for a 5 night stay. The resort is not in good shape at all. We had a serious ant problem in our bathroom and they did come and spray but it did not help. The water pressure is horrible as well. Overall the room wasn't too bad. Now for the actual resort, it is very outdated and old but you can see the potential in it. It seems as though not many people visit this resort. When we checked in there were only two other couples there. By the time we left there was a total of 18 people there. The property and rooms were very clean and the people were awesome! A lot of the advertised activities never actually happened. I guess since the resort was empty they didn't feel the need to follow the posted activity schedule. If you are looking for a place that is fun and has a lot going on this is not the resort for you. If you just want to relax then this will work for you. The food was OK. Nothing special and not really authentic Jamaican food. The jerk chicken tasted like baked barbecue chicken, and we ate chicken every single day! Also the beach is VERY small and there is nothing dividing the nude beach from the regular beach except a rope ha! Would I return to this resort? Yes because the people were so nice. All this resort needs is some upgrades and a better food selection and I would have been happy. The upgrades will bring in more people.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Lisa T
ClubAmbianceJamaica, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time out in sending us your review. We are sadden by fact that we did not meet your expectation however we are doing necessary upgrades daily to make this resort a rather befitting one and there will be improvements overtime. It was a pleasure having you here, we do hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We checked into this hotel randomly on the strip. We were happy to be accommodated quickly when we got there after several hours of travel. The hotel is classified as a 3 star so expectations where no more than that.

Here is a true star evaluation of the hotel:
Location: ****
Cleanliness: ****
Food variety: **
Food quality: ****
Room: ***
Service: *****
Pool: *****
Beach: ***

Hotel is definitely dated and needs some work. Common areas are clean. The room was cleaned daily and the bed was comfortable. We did struggle with the shower at times cause the hot water would kick out at times. We had a great view of the pool and ocean.

The food variety is very limited. Since it is fairly a small resort, I guess this was to be expected that they have 3-4 dishes to choose from; however, the food quality was very good.

I have to say that the staff was amazing. They were always friendly and service was great. When you get good service from staff it makes a huge difference with the stay.

4  Thank Raé J

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time out to send us your reviews. We are happy that we could provide the type of grounds and services that made your stay a fun filled one.
We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.
It was a pleasure having you here.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

My baby and I was here over the emancipation weekend. It was fantastic. The staff was amazing and friendly. Room and bathrooms were well put together. Friday and Saturday night was awesome. The weekend was worth it it

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to send us your review. We are happy that you choose Club Ambiance for your vacation destination. It was a pleasure having you here. We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

This all inclusive resort needs immediate attention. I waited an hour and half to get my room after check in and it turned out the resort only had a few people. I read terrible reviews but like i said it has been on my list to visit and so i went and was extremely disappointed but put the best outside as i was already there paid so much i could have stayed at my fav Gran Bahia which is only 2 mins away or check out one of the Jewels. The best thing about Club Ambiance is a catchy misleading name. No entertainment,limited food little variety which was never served at the stated times, big room small bathroom with outdated furniture and decor towels are old and bad colour in Jamaican terms. The place is just not appealing maybe it's just a place that used to be nice but low maintenance poor management could be negative factors. Its the first resort i have ever been where the staff come and eat as if its a cafe they dont even care to wait until all guests eat omg. Step it up or close out!

9  Thank unstoppable2016

Dear Guest,

We are sadden by the fact that we did not meet your expectation. We welcome your feedback and necessary upgrades are being done so as to better serve our valued guests. It was a pleasure having you here

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This was our 3rd trip to Club Ambience. The staff is way above average. It's a small resort, about 90 rooms, and it's on a beautiful part of the ocean. The beach is man made, but very nice. Mama's cooking is absolutely the BEST! It is an all-inclusive , adult only resort, and very reasonably priced. The pool is nice, too. It is very clean. The staff is EXTREMELY accommodating .
You might be wondering why on earth would I give it only 3 stars? I would love to give it 5, but there are some things I hope the owner reads and takes to heart! ( I believe his name is Mr. Smatt).
- The grounds are beautifully kept. Why are you letting the structures fall in to disarray?
-New roofs are necessary
-FRESH PAINT would do wonders
- Outdoor lighting needs to be fixed. Even the lights that spell CLUB AMBIENCE have burnt out bulbs
-Water spews out of the faucets
- There was no hot water most of the time
- The beds need to be replaced. They are not comfortable
- Compared to the past, the choice of alcohol has diminished greatly (The bartenders are GREAT with the little they have to work with. No whiskey? SERIOUSLY?)
-The pool towels are small and need to be replaced
- In the past there was such a variety of food. Again, the kitchen staff does a great job with what they have to work with, but the choices became monotonous
- the entertainment staff is great. But why would you remove karaoke. What happened to the theme nights? There was only live entertainment 2 nights.
- The bar on the dock and the bar by the pool need to be open.
- do some renovating to the dining hall
- You want more people to come? Then do what worked in the past ! Our first 2 trips there were amazing. It saddens us greatly to see that this little piece of heaven is not being taken care of. Please turn this place back around. You have such an amazing staff (The only one that wasn't was the "manager who I believe was the general manager" who said he would come back and talk to us, but never did ) EVERYONE else is so very dedicated to trying their best to make it great. I truly hope you take this to heart. If you don't love it, then please sell it to someone who does!

Date of stay: July 2016
9  Thank debzimc

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are honoured that you are satisfied with the service you received at our resort. We will continue to provide great service. Hope you will visit us again. It was a pleasure having you here.