2,906 results
All reviewswine and cheesetapas restaurantold san juancourtyard restaurantformer conventwine receptionevery eveningplunge poolpuerto ricoopen courtyardcentral courtyardvista roomthird floorturn down serviceacross the streetour honeymoonbottled water
Reviewed 6 November 2017

If you are looking for a quaint, charming, boutique hotel in the heart of Old San Juan, this is your place. From beginning to end, we had a wonderful time. Coral, the front desk attendant, was fabulous when I booked the hotel. You can feel the history of the hotel as soon as you walk in. Absolutely loved it.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank ilovetotravel1014
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

El Convento , the jewel of Old San Juan ... The majestic hotel standing in the middle of Old San Juan . Hurricane Maria destroyed the big front door , some of their windows , but not its spirit . Since day one , serving hot coffee and fresh water to all the residents, guests , neighbors of the old city . Letting the lobby be the meeting place of residents to charge their phones and computers since there was no power or water in the city . General manager Alfredo Arroyo always looking out for the guests and residents . Giving the extra mile by keeping their guests even though they had no power . They have a generator but we all know how hard and expensive it is to keep a hotel working full power with a generator.... a diesel generator. Diesel was like gold after Maria .... very hard to find . Hotel El Convento and beautiful staff , thank you for being there after Maria and make Old San Juan be the best place to be after such a natural disaster as Maria was . You made our life being a little bit easier and you gave us good moments on those dark times . For the rest , the hotel is a beautiful luxury hotel with beautiful historical rooms and first class service in the middle of the city . First class service , first class staff...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ruth O
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Amazing. I booked this hotel well in advance for 4 night for myself and my best friend of 30 years. This was a birthday/friendship trip. A few days before our trip I recieved a call saying that they would be beging construction durring our trip so they would like to move us for the last two days to a sister resort that would be on the beach. Although both places were nice i wish we wouldn't have had to move. This was exactly what I was looking for. My friend agreed that El Convento was beautiful but I think she prefered the second place.

I don't know where to start. From the moment we walked in I felt settled. The staff was freindly and helpful, the decor was beautiful and clasic, the rooms were comfortable and the roof top "pool" and patio had fantastic views. With the exception to the rooms most of the area is open air. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese hour and met a few lovely people. The food was tasty and the drinks were not wattered down so I didn't mind paying $8 for a drink. It's vacation and the second place for the same drink was $14. The location was fantastic! I cannot convey this enough. We walked alot and I loved every moment of it. Culture abounds here. Shopping , people watching, The Princess Walk, food, I could go on and on. I would love to return some day when I can stay longer and perhaps on my own.

I can't say enough.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cassle123006
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This is a cute boutique hotel in Old San Juan. There was a group of 50 here for a wedding. Although they were very delayed in their communication prior to arrival, the service was great. The rooms were clean and had free wi-fi. The food was delicious from the wedding reception (we had the Puerto Rican Buffet).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Spiceyji
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I ended up staying at the Hotel during and after Maria. The staff were outstanding in attitude and dealing with everyone's individual needs as best they could. I can't wait to come back when I can enjoy the area more fully. My heart goes out to the people of island but the positive spirit of Puerto Rico is exemplified by the staff of El Convento.
Bendice San Juan y la Isla de Puerto Rico

Room Tip: rooms #17_#19 do not have the best views on any of the floors. I like the fifth floor the best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family