Hotel El Convento
  • Restaurant
US$350
US$279
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$129
Villa Herencia(San Juan)
US$169
US$159
  • Breakfast included
The Dreamcatcher(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$246
  • Breakfast included
Casa Sol Bed and Breakfast(San Juan)
US$213
US$129
Dream Inn(San Juan)
US$126
US$120
2,858 results
All reviewswine and cheesetapas restaurantold san juancourtyard restaurantwine receptionformer conventevery eveningplunge poolpuerto ricoopen courtyardcentral courtyardvista roomthird floorturn down serviceacross the streetour honeymoonbottled water
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the wonderful experience of getting married this past Friday May 11 in Old San Juan. Our ceremony was held right across the hotel at the San Juan Cathedral and the Cocktail and Reception at El Convento. I can't stress enough how wonderful my experience was working with Ely Rivera to make my day fantastic. Living in NJ I was very limited in time to visit PR but was able to do everything through email with Ely, she answered every question, kept making constant changes per my request and was just a great support in making things happen. She earned our total trust the very first time we finally met! Hotel staff...although upon check in I did not feel the whole warm welcome feeling, the next day everyone that we came across ..room service, maids, etc were soo friendly and enthusiastic it made up for that initial impression. Unfortunately it rained heavily the whole afternoon but the staff worked wonderfully with us...from getting me safe and dry across the street to the ceremony (Thank you Fabiola and the other wonderful lady I did not get her name) to relocating our Cocktail area from the Patio to the indoor area...everything was just amazing and unforgettable! Thank you for the beautiful and wonderful setting, the great service and attitude from the staff.

Gracias!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmoczo98
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, our stay at El Convento was perfect - exactly what we wanted for our first trip to Puerto Rico and Old San Juan. The beautiful accommodations, delightful staff and convenient location were all exactly as we’d hoped. We spent six days here and loved starting our mornings with breakfast in the central courtyard before stepping out of the hotel onto the cobblestone streets to explore the city. A 6 pm wine and cheese hour was a perfect way to wind down from the day and prepare for the evening.
The hotel was quiet and peaceful, and it was easy to imagine it in the days of the convent.
The staff at the front desk was super helpful, always ready to help with recommendations of things to see, places to eat, etc. The staff in the restaurant was attentive and friendly. And the turndown service each evening was an unexpected bonus.
This was our first trip to Puerto Rico, but won’t be our last. And El Convento will always be our hotel of choice!

1  Thank mln68
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a beautiful old convent right in old San Juan, perfect location for exploring the area. The rooms are nice with beautiful wood furniture and the staff has been wonderful. I rated it four stars due to the poor non-down bedding. My husband is allergic to down and woke up the first morning all swollen and tired from a bad nights rest. I pulled off the pillowcase and the zippered lining and confirmed the pillow was down, the comforter as well. We asked if they could be replaced with non-down pillows and comforter and they happily accommodated us. That evening I happened to see a glance of the pillow at the opening of the pillowcase and it was covered in small reddish brown dots. I examined all the pillows and they were all stained in some form and the did not have protective liners like I found on the down pillows. I unzipped one pillow cover and found old, falling apart foam. The comforter was replaced with a thin blanket topped with another sheet. I didn’t get a good nights sleep just thinking about the very stained pillows.

So highly recommend this hotel unless you have allergies to down. At this price I would expect clean pillows. Or at least not sooooo old.

1  Thank kelliemerr
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

the location is perfect in the center of downtown;
the whole staff very friendly
The room, - the expensive queen size with view into the bay of San Juan - was really not worth the high price payed ( over booking.com). Very loud during the night either by the room A/C or if the window left open, by the jacuzzi pool pump and A/C of the adjacent room!!
And this high pricing without breakfast but additional high price for the car parking!
We cannot recommend this hotel, sorry about this!

4  Thank urlaub3400
Alfredo A, General Manager at Hotel El Convento, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear urlaub3400 -

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations.
We will continue to work on our services in order to continue to improve.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance in the future.

At your service.

Alfredo Arroyo
aarroyo@elconvento.com
Lowest rates guaranteed at elconvento.com
or call us at 787-723-9020

Reviewed 8 May 2018

My husband and I stayed here before and after our cruise. The minute we arrived on-site the staff we knew our travel agent had done her job! The staff was very friendly. The food was excellent, the service was great. Everyone that worked there seemed to genuinely love working at the hotel. My husband and I loved Arianna, the tiny little waitress that reminded us of our daughter. It was wonderful and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view, very good a/c, very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple