“The best restaurant in San Juan ”
Review of Cafe El Punto

Cafe El Punto
Ranked #14 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I have never seen such a big avocado. Definitely recommend one of the avocado bowls and the liquor is poured with a heavy hand. Everything was prepared perfectly. Exceptional restaurant.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We were here post Hurricane Maria. The food was excellent! It was pouring down rain and my husband was soaked. The owner actually offered a dry T-shirt for him! That is special service! We found this gem last year and was happy to see them open after the hurricane. The stuffed avocado with skirt steak was perfect!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic first visit to Cafe El Punto!! This restaurant owner and staff went the extra mile to make sure our visit was wonderful. We were returning on the first cruise out of San Juan after Hurricane Irma. The restaurant only had generator power but they had most of their menu items available and served a wonderful meal and drinks to our party. When we were having trouble getting a taxi they offered to personally take us back to the airport to meet our flight. Most impressive!!! Can’t wait to return to San Juan and visit this cafe again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Good food, and in very liberal portions. I eat pretty well, but even I had to take home a box of leftovers. I ordered the mofongo, and really enjoyed it. I also got a mango smoothie, especially good to have in the summer heat. I'd say the location is cozy, not small, but not a traditional floor plan like a large open restaurant. It makes it feel more like a place only locals know about. Add to that the polite and friendly service plus the food, and it really does seem like a local secret.

I definitely recommend eating here if you have a chance.

Thank T. T
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Y'all. I can't say enough great things about this place. Its tucked away behind a gallery I believe. My mojito was delicious (all 3 of them). My food was so yummy that I was already missing the meals before I even left to go home. I ordered a stuffed avocado with chicken, rice and beans (beans cooked with mangos) and fried green plantains as well as regular fried plantains. This is a very traditional dish and it was incredible. The hot sauce is worth it to if you like it spicy!