“Great ambiance! Great food!”
Review of Cafe El Punto

Cafe El Punto
Ranked #17 of 1,173 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 11 November 2018

A charming hidden place in Old San Juan! When you look at it from outside, it does not look like a restaurant. You go in through a series of shops and stores, but once you get to the restaurant, the sitting areas are charming! We had Deborah as a our server and she was fabulous! The food, the drinks, the ambiance... what an experience! The owner was charming and extremely humble. He needs to be known! Delicious typical, yet original Puerto Rican food, and the ginger mojito is to die for! Loved it!!!!

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Though we heard the owners are Chilean the food is totally Caribbean. Best fried plantain strips I’ve ever had. The fish ceviche was perfect with just enough spice.

Complimento guacamole was tasty and smooth tasting of good avocado. Hand made margarita was properly limey. We even got served
the “extra” in the pitcher. When does that happen?

Grouper main plates were each excellent.
More than worth the walk up the hill in Old San Juan!

1  Thank Barbjefts
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

We just stopped in for a snack and glad we did. Had a bite of their ceviche and an empanada and was quite good.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

The food and service is excellent. I left my credit card by accident, they saved it for me and let me in to get it even after they had closed for the night. They are so friendly and accommodating. Plus the best Mojito I’ve ever tasted.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank mrtfoy
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Came across this lovely cafe in old San Juan. Amazing food and staff. It’s best Mojito my hubby and I have ever had!

Date of visit: October 2018