The first thing I noticed about this hotel was how nicely decorated the lobby and other public areas were. There are interesting chairs, art pieces, aquariums, light fixtures or other decorative elements everywhere. The decor gives the hotel a different, non-cookie cutter vibe that almost makes you forget how large it is. The hotel is really two building across the street from each other, connected by a breezeway. In general the place seemed to be clean and well-maintained; I didn’t experience the elevator issues mentioned by other reviewers.
Our room was in the lagoon view building. Overall the room was fine. It was large and clean and the AC, fridge, TV, etc all were in good working order. The bed was comfortable and the linens were good quality. The bathroom door had a frosted glass panel that was easy to see through and didn’t provide much privacy. There was also a nice sized balcony with chairs and a table overlooking the lagoon and the roof of the hotel facilities below. The only thing about the room that I didn’t like was the tile floor; it was cold and seemed to make it a little loud, but definitely cleaner alternative than carpet.
The grounds of the hotel were beautiful! There were lots of places to explore and we discovered a new area of the property every day. There are nicely furnished porches and patios all over. There’s a lawn overlooking the ocean with hammocks to relax in. The large pool has a swim-up bar and a waterslide with “beach” access just a few steps away. There is also a hot-tub and another pool in this area. All of this is on the “beach” side of the hotel. The lagoon side also had a small pool.
A great thing about this hotel was that it has a casino. A real casino, not the kind of casino you might find at a hotel in the Dominican Republic. The sushi bar/Chinese restaurant just outside of the casino had great food and was open very late (until 3 or 4am).
Now let me just say this: THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE A REAL BEACH!
The hotel is located at the end of the strip of stores, restaurants and hotels in Condado. The property is on the ocean it just doesn’t have a typical beachfront. There are mostly walled off areas that prevent you from going onto the rocks where the property meets the ocean. The sandy area on the property is very, very small and crowded and not really on the ocean (no waves). It’s worth a walkthrough I guess. The real beach is just a five minute walk from the hotel and it is beautiful!
Overall this hotel is a great value, the beauty of the public areas, cleanliness of the room, the price compared to other hotels in Condado combine to make this place a good value. You should go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham