“Great Hotel”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The hotel workers were great and respectful.Rooms were spotless with good bed and great pillows slept great.Not much of a beach but pools made up for it.Checked us in 4 hours early, upgraded to oceanfront for a small fee.Restaurants within walking distance,and restaurants in complex were good.Food and drinks were higher as some people stated but if you want Mcdonalds food you could probably find one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,933)

Reviewed 14 July 2011

We went on our honeymoon for two days at this hotels and we really have enjoyed it :)
We had a really nice room and it was extremmely clean! It was also really nice outside. We would recommand this hotel to everyone. The only thing I would say is that this hotel has two sides. One side is new and really perfect but the other side is older. We talked to a girl that was on the other side and she really hated her stay because it smelled and it was not really clean .Maybe the problem is that she only paid $65 and that's why she got this room. I paid $200 by night and I was really glad I had chosen this hotel.
So I would recommand you to go at this hotel but don't try to pay too cheap!! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank klowerdy
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Since we arrived and Patricia took care of us for our check-in, we began enjoying the 4th of July weekend to the max. Great greeting, great service, great room. A lobby full of energy and enterntainment. Few hotels count on two fo the finest restaurants in their lobby: Pikayo and Varitas. Can not be topped!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cc318
LeahRossi, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback about the property and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself for the 4th of July weekend- with everything "great". We would love to have you again as a guest, and potential frequent guest, to continue a relationship. Feel free to contact me with any question/concern/reservation.

Best,

Leah Rossi
Concierge
Guest Services Manager

To all Trip Advisor users: If you have any questions about our facilities, services, packages or need assistance with any special request, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone. My email is leah.rossi@conradhotels.com, and number is 787-721-1000 ext. 3636.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I traveled for business the end of June 2011 and the Conrad was recommended. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is located on the San Juan strip where you just have to park and walk, there is everything you need close by.

From the moment I checked in I was provided a very comprehensive but pleasant overview of the facilities by Patricia in addition to directing me to my room.

The hotel is pretty large as it spans both sides of the street. The hotel has fine restaurants and the rooms and facilities were very nice.
The service was excellent as the staff were very friendly but at the same time very professional. The casinio had a fairly good size crowd especially on Wednesday night.

I would definately return to the Conrad for business or Vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for the side closer to the beach / the Casino side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jollybwoy
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This hotel is in need of renovation. Looks nice when you take a quick glance in the lobby area and casion (a plus). The rooms are small extremely small bathrooms the cleaner crew must have been on vacation while we were there our room didn't get fully cleaned each day it was a hit or miss. The locatin is fabulous close to restaurants which was very good because the food in the hotel was very pricey. There are all types of restaurants within walking distance. The pool area is small and the beach is a public beach. The service was a big disappointment from the front desk on down. No one was friendly or eager to help. We've been places where we were greeted warmly everyday and showed that they were glad we were there and hoped we'd come again when you have good service you WILL RETURN and tell others. I will go to Puerto Rico again but I'd stay at another resort. Be sure to take a trip to Old San Juan. Take the bus it's only .75 (#21 or #53) you can also take either bus to Old San Juan and catch the FREE trolley and visit the Fort. The taxis are 14.00 one way.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for providing us your feedback about your recent stay at the Conrad. I regret that the room you stayed in did not live up to your expectations, as well the consistency with housekeeping. We also expect the best from front desk staff (and any other department for that matter) when it comes to guest service. This is of course a concern always, and will be taken note of.

I wish for you to be able to recommend our hotel to others based on personal experience so I encourage you to plan another trip with us- and I am sure you will be treated with personalized, exceptional service that you deserve. Please contact me prior should you wish to stay again.

Leah Rossi