“Good for the business traveller”

The Condado Plaza Hilton
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is nicelt situated between the airport and San Juan. It also allows for great views, and great dining options nearby - within walking distance. The recently opened 24 hour Denny's on the property is quite useful for late night snacks, or early breakfast take aways before leaving for the airport. The Starbucks on the compound also provides excellent quick fix options.
The locks on room doors were being repaired during my stay, and I did have some reservation about safety. But I did not experience any untoward events. The check in process was a bit engthy for me, some of the hotel staff are certainly trained better, and have more experience than others. The bulb on the night lamp at my bed was not working.

Room Tip: A beach view request is advisable, the second choice request would be a lagoon view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,935)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

American Airlines had this special with air/hotel and continental breakfast. I took the city view supposedly overlooking the lagoon instead of ocean view. It was raining when I got there. After checking in at the front desk, luggage was brought to the room by a hotel worker. We had to go through a catwalk (covered over) from main bldg to the one I was staying in. After getting into the room, looked out the window and saw that I was looking over the catwalk into the bldg across where I checked in. Called the front desk and was told "it was a city view". I stated this was not what I had booked. They retorted, yes it was. As it was raining almost the entire stay, I didnot care. I, thank goodness, had booked the hotel with a casino. Needless, to say, I was there every day.

Room Tip: Look at it first. If it isn't what you paid for ask to speak to the Manager of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Paid for an upgrade to ocean front..worth the money ....Found the property and room to be clean and maintained..The housekeeping staff were always busy shampooing carpet etc etc.Our room was nice beds very comfortable.It had a nice sheeting cover/duvet covered goose down .a BUSY CASINO which was quite large.The two main pools near the water were a bit noisy, so we opted for the third pool outside the gym. small but quiet.......The beach is nonexistent....We have traveled the Caribbean extensively and this was quite a let down....

Room Tip: ocean front not city view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fellacher
ConradSanJuan, General Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear guest, I am sorry you did not enjoy our beach; certainly, there are different types of beaches. Ours, indeed, is not a walking beach, but it is safe and cozy, particularly if you have children. It also has a beautiful underwater artificial reef; therefore, it is excellent for snorkeling, since it has hundreds of colorful tropical fish. It also is easy to control and to clean, and we make sure this is clean at all times. We appreciate your positive comment s about our hotel in general, and my staff and I thank you for staying with us during you recent visit to San Juan.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

booked package on travelocity. Ocean rooms were nice, staff unfriendly or helpful. pool and beaach were great. housekeeping slow and not too thorough. Daughter woke up with what appeared to be bebug bites (we encountered these several years ago and it was a nightmare, so we knew what to look for.) Manager unconcerned when we reported this, we filled out a report. they could have cared less. I will be spending the next few days running all things through dryer before we can bring them in the house to avoid an infestation now that we are home. Frustrating and scary! They opbviousl;y have no plan in place for dealing with bedbugs which can cost thousands to get rid of. we were on the 8th floor ocean tower.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank E A
LeahRossi, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. Our Executive Housekeeper and our Chief Engineer visited your room to let you know about all the precautions our hotel takes in order to avoid these bugs; unfortunatelly they did not find you in your room. Nonetheless, we called our exterminator to make sure, and this confirmed there was no trace of bed bugs. In case of doubt you can contact me and I will provide you with additional information.

Leah Rossi
Guest Services Manager
leah.rossi@conradhotels.com

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We lucked out selecting this place, it's a great hotel! Well located, the rooms are spacious and cute, bright orange curtains, clearly recently renovated, balcony with views of Condado lagoon. The bathroom is a treat - huge, with glass shower in the middle, a rush of hot water, awesome!!! The lobby is modernistic, not my fave, but cute nonetheless.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
LeahRossi, Front Office Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear NatalyaVqs,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay with us. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and wish that you will consider us in the future. Please contact me for anything you may need.

Regards,