All reviews boat bar sister hotel puerto rico closer to the beach old san juan ceiling fan small pool bebo's cafe few blocks short walk to the beach condado beach small hotel hot tub beach towels nice beach acacia pr
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Besides this boutique hotel being so charming, the pizza here is delicious. We are having the buratta pizza and I can’t say I have had any better. Made right in front of you by the bartender/ pizza chef Ezekiel who is charming and friendly beside making good pizza and good drinks!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanaloop
Gustavo M, Guest Relations Manager at At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel. We are happy to know you had such a wonderful stay with us and liked our convenient location and clean accommodations. And that you liked our pizza! We appreciate so much your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Gustavo Müller
Guest Services Ambassador

Reviewed 16 May 2018

When you see more than review that mention the same thing, there is usually an element of truth........there are several negative reviews for this place - I wish I didn't ignore them.

This place is a joke and they are frauds, plain and simple. They should be removed from all booking sites. Consider yourself warned! We made a booking at Acacia Boutique Hotel weeks ago. Check in was torturous. We had to wait over two hours before they would even look up our reservation in the computer. After wasting our time, they informed us that the room we had booked had "electrical issues" so they were transferring us to a "sister hotel." This was an inconvenience but we wanted to give them a benefit of a doubt so we went to the "sister hotel" where we were forced to wait another hour or so.

The sister hotel is Wind Chimes which is less expensive, more run down and has TERRIBLE reviews (check it for yourself.) Yet, they want to charge you the same! This bait and switch is ridiculous especially since the stories didn't had up. Acacia said we were transferred due to electrical issues. Wind Chimes told us it was because Acacia was overbooked. Okay, whatever. In either case, you give people an option. You cannot force me to stay and pay for an hotel that I did not book. If I wanted to stay at Wind Chimes, I would have booked Wind Chimes. Shame on the management of these hotels for putting their staff in such a compromising and ridiculous situation. While there in line, we witnessed multiple unhappy "would be" guests that were arguing and scrambling to find other hotels to stay at for one reason or another. My friend and I are very easy going people, especially on vacation so we went to Wind Chimes, (even though we should not have had to!) carrying our own luggage with no help in the pouring rain! Only to have to wait a longer time with clueless and apathetic staff. It was dirty and not up to standard at all.

If YOU (Acacia/Wind Chimes) made a mistake and overbooked or have electrical issues (whatever the lie is depending on who you talk to), then YOU make it right.

There was no apology. There was no, "we messed up". Reasonable and ethical businesses give people an option. You do not charge their credit card for an hotel that they did not book, want or use. It is ludicrous.

They get ZERO for customer service. ZERO for cleanliness. ZERO for professionalism. ZERO for everything!

Save yourself the headache and frustration and look elsewhere. Dealing with the crooks at Acacia/Wind Chimes (whichever one they stick you in) is NOT the way to start your vacation. Consumer protection needs to get involved with these people, I am sure this is just the tip of the fraudulent iceberg. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Room tip: Just don't do it! Save yourself the stress and frustration!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Ataraxia_Ubuntu
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This place looks nothing like what’s pictured. It is filthy and run down. Stray cats roam the premises and everything smells like cat urine. I took one look at this place and turned around and found a real hotel to stay at. This place needs to be shut down. It is possibly the worst hotel on the island.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank extra0ne

Dear extra0ne,

We are sorry to read that the hotel was not what you expected. We are ruled by the highest cleaning standards. Our housekeeping team cleans everyday with all their energy to give our guests the best experience of the island. Thank you for sharing your review with us and take care.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

This hotel is run by greedy managers and owners that lie to you.
I booked a room online late in the evening based on thinking I had no hotel to stay at the next evening. I found out I did have a room at another hotel so quickly canceled my wind chimes reservation early the next morning.
I was told based on the circumstances that I would be charge a minor fee but would be refunded for most of the $223.45.
Well. they did not honor this statement.
The reason for being in Puerto Rico was to help those effected by the hurricane.
Avoid this hotel like the plague.

Room tip: find another hotel
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
11  Thank sweatystinkfest
Gustavo M, Guest Relations Manager at At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear sweatystinkfest,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write it. We are very honored to have so many guests trying to help Puerto Rico as well as to welcome you at our house. It's very important to learn that reservations made through a third party have specific and usually strict cancellation clauses. To have your issue solved we invite you to contact them and let us assist you in the process. Give us a call or write to us via email to answer your questions. We'll take what you wrote to improve our services. Warm regards.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My family of 7 slept in a two queen bed room. My kids range from 11-1. There wasn't much space in the rooms nor in the hotel. It is all quite small but I already knew this before we came so that was ok. My kids loved the pool. It is a block away from a beach and 15 minutes from a supermarket and 15 minutes away from restaurants and smaller stores. That's all walking distance. There is no parking for cars here so I wouldn't rent one and go here. We used the public bus to go to old san juan from here. It was 75 cents a person. The only downside to this hotel is that the staff can be sometimes be unfriendly which is strange because most of Puerto rico is quite friendly.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gustavo M, Guest Relations Manager at At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review and for taking time to provide us with your amazing words. We are glad you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel. Your feedback is the best reminder that our emphasis on outstanding performance is rewarding us with recognition and beautiful energy. Next time to get a bigger room book two double rooms and we will take what you wrote to better our service. Our guests are our priority. We hope to see you again soon. Take care.