Hotel Milano
Marriott Hotels
US$350
US$279
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Restaurant
Villa Herencia(San Juan)
US$169
US$159
US$246
  • Breakfast included
The Dreamcatcher(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$161
Casa Sol Bed and Breakfast(San Juan)
US$213
Dream Inn(San Juan)
US$126
US$129
All reviewsrooftop restaurantold san juangreat locationcontinental breakfastwithin walking distancepuerto ricostreet noisetop floorcruise shiprooms are smallyour luggagemofongostayed one nightpre cruisefortcabjose
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Hotel Milano is located in the heart of Old San Juan, therefore location is very attractive for tourists. It is old building with interior very outdated. It was last time renovated probably in 60's. Old bulk small TV set hanging under ceiling. You cannot tell whether carpet is old or dirty or both. Veneer peeling off from furniture. Although they tried to keep it clean (sheets and towels were clean), it had smell of old building and room. Small window with view of solid wall three feet far away. Under window air conditioner quite loud. Glade scent in my room was apple/cinnamon which when I was asked to be changed to another scent - did not happen. They advertise non existing breakfast area. Small fridge but no coffee maker or such. Good internet. Rooftop restaurant very good but you can go there without staying in this hotel. I found it on-line as 4 star hotel but would rate it as 1, max 2. Taking this together I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Experience with one room, not recommend. Next to elevator heard all night going up and down.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

We understand some complaints and troubles our guests have been experimenting but please understand that we have been having a lot of problems product from all the circumstances that the hurricane Maria brought to Puerto Rico, every single aspect of the business was affected one way or the other and still we are dealing with them and implore the understanding and good will of our guests ....we are almost done with repairs and other problems so very soon we can guarantee to all of you all is going to be as fine as always has been in the Milano, thank you !! Juan

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I was here on business and could not find another hotel for 4 consecutive nights anywhere with 10 miles of the business I was visiting due to the FEMA workers occupying all the rooms. When I checked in here, I stood in the doorway of my room and wasn't sure I could stay. The rooms look like they had not been updated in 50 years. The carpets are very old and the rooms smell terrible..... but, the bed was comfortable and the shower was nice. The room prices on the entire island are high, so I paid almost $200 per night. Hotel Milano is walking distance to the forts and great restaurants. After I saw some of the devastation on the island, I got over not being in a different place and decided to instead, count my blessings. The rooftop restaurant is great! The PR people are the loveliest in the world!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ArmyNurse2
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I don't write a lot of review but tis time with a such experience I need to share for futur travelers . IF you stay at "the Milano hotel" AVOID the room 210 I stays to this room one night and the room 210 is a BROOM CLOSET by the small side with no windows ... yes no windows !!!! and by the smell of the room also you can here all the noises from both rooms adjacent such the running shower or WC or the TV's and your neighbors talks ... This was a pretty bad situation with a pre-paid room and no other room available to change that might with my 8pm night arrival ,by the way I paid $120.00 for this closet .SO BEWARE !!!! I can't wait to get out from this place ..... 03/14/2018

Room Tip: stay out from this place
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jcamille411
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Junior rooms as the name say are small and also the cheapest in the house and the first that go and if anybody complaints we offer a change to another room, no problem, you are welcome with us anytime, Juan

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

First, let me say that this is not a 5 star hotel. This is a small hotel that embodies the feel of Old San Juan and is close to many good restaurants. The staff, from owner to maintenance man, is extremely friendly and accomodating. Our room, a Double Double, was spacious, clean and decorated in the spirit of the old city. The hotel sports a very good rooftop restaurant, Punta de Vista Rooftop. This was our seventh stay. Great location in the old city.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mamakaha
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The best thing about this hotel is the location - and that is about it.

The basics:
* Wifi signal is extremely poor and being only on the second floor we barely got any signal.
* The rooms are small and old and out of date; Paint chipping, OK beds, weak showers, etc..

This hotel should be probably closed down for renovations if not health hazards. It is literally falling apart and there is mold everywhere (pics). This wasn't the case in our room only but a few other guests as well.
The customer service there is pretty poor and the often make lots of mistakes and don't really care, it seems like. I've watched a number of people checking in getting wrong rooms, not ready, etc..

We stayed there for 1 night and that was more than enough.

It is really too bad, this hotel could be a gem especially having a roof top restaurant.
It looks like the operations have no standards or care anymore. It is a privately owned hotel I believe.

Room Tip: Ask for no mold I guess? lol
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
juansan, Owner at Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Just finish fixing and renovating all the damaged areas due to the Maria huracan we are ok and welcoming visitors to the new Puerto Rico !!!! Juan / owner