“Delicious coffee”
Review of Hacienda San Pedro

Hacienda San Pedro
Ranked #4 of 27 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Let me be honest and upfront: I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 29 years old. Hacienda San Pedro coffee was the first I ever had. How did I feel about it? Not so hot. I slowly started drinking Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes...yeah, yeah, I know.

When the PSLs were no longer available and I had grown used to drinking coffee, I headed back to Hacienda San Pedro. Wow. What a difference. I haven't had Starbucks since.

Hacienda San Pedro's coffee is delicious. It feels like amazing caffeinated velvet in your mouth. The taste is very delicate; you barely even need sugar with this coffee. However, if you are not used to Puerto Rican coffee, I suggest you start off slow...locals like their coffee to pack a punch. You might be up for running a marathon at 4AM if you take it like a local!

As for the food, it has an assortment of very delicious lunch options. But, what you really truly want to get are the brownies. Mother of dragons, those brownies...they can begin wars. My husband and I have argued over the last brownie bite. Order some brownies and a cup of coffee and you'll be set.

Word to the wise: parking in the area can be a bit of a hassle. It's best to just go to the paid parking nearby as cops are frequently in the area giving tickets to people parked on the main avenue.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Puerto Rico is really up to its great coffee tradition and places like Hacienda San Pedro proove it. For me on of the best in town, great consistency in the process and flavor. You wont go wrong, I try to visit it every time Im around.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Great coffee and ambiance. It has the feel of a new york coffee shop, people coming in and out like crazy but has wonderful food and service.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

coffee mmmm like we Puerto Ricans like it, sweets and snacks and lunch, stylish cozy place filled with locals

Reviewed 13 August 2015

This is one of my top 3 places to get real, authentic puertorrican coffee prepared by trained baristas. I have not tasted better coffee than puertorrican coffee and this is one place to taste it. This is as good as it gets. Don't miss it. The place is small, but you come here for the coffee, not for a Starbucks experience.