“very friendly”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2018

we came here twice for lunch.always full of people.but they are quick and friendly.I especially loved steaks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I was directed to this restaurant by Antonio from a wonderful Rum Bar around the church. Everyone in both locations was wonderful. Antonio was so warm and he directed us to Cafe Puerto Rico. I ordered the sweeter one for myself with pork and the plantanos with chicken for my boyfriend. We were both so delighted. It was more food than we could eat and we kept eating even when we were full because it was so good. This is a do not miss for sure. Mofungo; ******

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We chose to dine at Cafe Puerto Rico for lunch while visiting San Juan on a recent cruise stop. It's a lovely little place with friendly, efficient service and the food and drinks are delicious. It was popular at lunch time, but we had no problem getting a table. The staff greeted us right away and suggested a mojito which sounded terrific, but I went with the red sangria instead which was perfect.

We had the fried queso which comes with a sweet dipping sauce, chicken mofongo and the skirt steak. Everything from the kitchen was delicious and the portions are plentiful.

Looking forward to returning to Cafe Puerto Rico again on my next trip to San Juan.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We went to Cafe Puerto Rico based off of a recommendation that a friend of ours had given us. The inside looks great and is a smaller intimate restaurant. My wife got the chicken and I ordered the skirt steak and they were both delicious. They do not mark anything gluten free but use corn starch in their sauces instead of flower so anything except for the breaded and fried food you are good to go.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

My friends and i were looking for a restaurant to go, but we didn’t know anything about old san juan, so we just went to the restaurant in front of us... and it.just came out to be the best restaurant in here!!!!! People should know about this place so i decided to find this place in tripadvisor and write details. Best food, service, and price! Enjoy cafe puerto rico!