“SAGE”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ashford Ave
Description: Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), O:liva is the mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets.
Reviewed 10 January 2015

The previous restaurant Oliva is closed and now a new restaurant called SAGE opened recently by Chef Mario Pagan. This new restaurant is excellent, with new dishes and desserts.
From the starters the mini-burgers with guava ketchup and the shrimps were great. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. No flaws in the food and the Ambiance is prime. The restaurant is located in Aguadilla St. at Condado at the Olive Boutique Hotel. The hotel offers valet parking. There is a Bar at the rooftop of the Hotel that deserves a visit, nice view and excellent to meet friends, family, etc. Reservations are recommended.

2  Thank 27Ruben27

Reviewed 12 October 2014

We ate here last week for the second time. The food was excellent ,except for the seafood soup which was extremely watery in a milky broth with no flavor. Apart from that the gnocchi were very good and soft.They come mixed with arugula, pancetta and cherry tomatoes. The ribeye was excellent and it is serve with a very flavorful sauce smothered on top. The short ribs were excellent as they were on my previous visit. They are serve on top of a perfectly made risotto. I would have like some of the sauce they put on top on my first visit. The portions are big and i find the price to be just right. $28.00 for the short ribs was very reasonable. I would definitely go back. But i will not drive there valet parking is $10.00 which i think if you are spending $200 on a meal parking should be complementary.

1  Thank Ricklat
Reviewed 6 October 2014

This restaurant is inside Olive Boutique Hotel and it has such a Euro chic flair. My husband and I loved the flavors and specially the Moroccan Lamb with couscous! Best plate in the house.

Reviewed 4 October 2014

Last night we had the eight course tasting menu with a bottle of cava and it was simply outstanding! Small restaurant with an intimate atmosphere, great food and very attentive service. This restaurant should be at the very top of the list of restaurants in San Juan.

1  Thank OMARPV
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I am so happy that we got to eat dinner here. From beginning to end our meal was great. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was comfortable. It is an intimate restaurant and it looked like we were the only tourists there. My only regret was that we ate a late lunch and I did not have much of an appetite. Next time, I would go for the tasting course.

1  Thank Rtortora