“Sad it is gone”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ashford Ave
Description: Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), O:liva is the mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets.
Reviewed 30 January 2015

I loved this place. My boyfriend had the Pre-Fixe menu, I had the gnocchi. The food was great, the service was great, the ambience was great. It will be missed.

1  Thank solita25pr

Reviewed 14 January 2015 via mobile

Went to Sage restaurant the night before my birthday. I knew Sage restaurant was new and expected to be good but never thought it was going to be such a magnificent evening. The service 5 stars, the hotel decoration and atmosphere 5 stars. The staff was excellent and the food exquisite. We ate an spectacular filet mignon and the variety of side dishes OMG the yuca gnocchi and the fries so good. They served before dinner and amazing bread and for desserts a yummy key lime creme brulee and a chocolate cake with butterscotch ice cream. To end the amazing evening we visited the roof top......Wow!!....such a beautiful place in Condado,its for members only but they allowed us to visit it and evaluate. The atmosphere and decoration 10 Stars. So happy that PR has such a hidden gem boutique hotel located in Condado. Congratulations to the staff. Will go back soon !!

OliveExperience, Owner at Oliva Dieta Mediterranea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2015

Hello! Thank you for such a thoughtful and spectacular review. Chef Mario Pagan was delighted to receive this amazing comments. We just open the Sage Steak Loft in Tripadvisor, We want to kindly ask you to review us on our new page. It will actually be the first review, so we will really appreciate it.

thank you!

Loisse Herger

Reviewed 10 January 2015

The previous restaurant Oliva is closed and now a new restaurant called SAGE opened recently by Chef Mario Pagan. This new restaurant is excellent, with new dishes and desserts.
From the starters the mini-burgers with guava ketchup and the shrimps were great. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. No flaws in the food and the Ambiance is prime. The restaurant is located in Aguadilla St. at Condado at the Olive Boutique Hotel. The hotel offers valet parking. There is a Bar at the rooftop of the Hotel that deserves a visit, nice view and excellent to meet friends, family, etc. Reservations are recommended.

2  Thank 27Ruben27
Reviewed 12 October 2014

We ate here last week for the second time. The food was excellent ,except for the seafood soup which was extremely watery in a milky broth with no flavor. Apart from that the gnocchi were very good and soft.They come mixed with arugula, pancetta and cherry tomatoes. The ribeye was excellent and it is serve with a very flavorful sauce smothered on top. The short ribs were excellent as they were on my previous visit. They are serve on top of a perfectly made risotto. I would have like some of the sauce they put on top on my first visit. The portions are big and i find the price to be just right. $28.00 for the short ribs was very reasonable. I would definitely go back. But i will not drive there valet parking is $10.00 which i think if you are spending $200 on a meal parking should be complementary.

1  Thank Ricklat
Reviewed 6 October 2014

This restaurant is inside Olive Boutique Hotel and it has such a Euro chic flair. My husband and I loved the flavors and specially the Moroccan Lamb with couscous! Best plate in the house.