“Great date night”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

Wife and I came for our anniversary dinner and had a great meal. Didn't have to wait for a seat and had the option of eating inside or at the sidewalk tables.
Our service was a little slow but we weren't in any hurry that evening so it didn't matter to us. Our meal started with margaritas and we shared the mahi bites and sweet & sour fried calamari. Both dishes were great but the calamari stood out! They also offer shrimp prepared the same way that I am sure we would love. The drinks were strong but just OK in flavor.

I continued my trend of getting mofongo, this time prepared with a mix of yucca and plantains and topped with shrimp and garlic sauce. I loved every bite an was to share :). My wife got the huachiningo (red snapper) which was a popular special all over the coastal restaurants. It was served as a whole fish and tasted great.

We split a slice of tres leches cake which was just ok.

Overall it was a great meal with a good server. Cost $100 total so don't go if you are on a budget!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We are locals in the Condado area. My husband loves the fish tacos and my daughter the fish tenders. Prices for food are reasonable but no for the desserts. Desserts where served in very small portions and with poor with presentation.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

My son and his family live in San Juan so I definitely trusted their judgment on picking a restaurant. La Cueva Del Mar has several restaurants in the area and we went to the one in Old San Juan. My son recommended the fried snapper which was spectacular. The frying is very light and only makes the skin crispy. The fish was delicious and we had a lovely evening. My 4-year-old granddaughter was with us and they brought her crayons to keep her occupied. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for the best fish tacos in Old San Juan, look no further than La Cueva Del Mar. Prices are very reasonable. Excellent selection of hot sauces for your food (avocado is the best for the fish tacos!). Mojitos are excellent. When the cruise ships are in, it can get busy, but the service is very good.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

If in San Juan Puerto Rico don't miss this place. With three locations in the metro area the one in Old San Jan is my favorite. Don't miss the fish tacos. They are the best. Prices are right and the service excellent