“Great food experience. ”
Review of 1919 Restaurant

1919 Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 1,171 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$50 - US$90
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Calle Aguadilla
Description: Global flavors. Locally-rooted. World-class cuisine ~ that truly knows its place. At 1919, we are passionately committed to offering up the freshest organic and local ingredients for each and every dish we create. We believe in sourcing all our menu components with social consciousness and always at the pinnacle of good taste. We place the highest value on hand-selecting products that are local, artisanal, and homemade in order to craft food that is truly flavor-forward ~ served up fresh and with a contemporary flair ~ from our kitchen to your table. Subdued elegance in a space generous enough for conviviality, yet private enough to provoke intimate conversation. Visitors to our dining salon will attest: The only onlooker here is the ocean. In The Year 1919 The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel was built by the legendary Vanderbilt family under the direction of renowned architect Whitney Warren whose other landmark designs include Grand Central Terminal
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We opted for the tasting menu with wine pairings. Food was presented beautifully with proper spacing. The dishes were imaginative. Service was excellent. Not for the budget conscious. $560 with tip for 2.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

$40 for half a piece of cauliflower. This pretty much summarizes my experience at this restaurant.

The food was good but not amazing. The prices were crazy. They charged $15 for a side of 2oz of macaroni for a 2 year old. We spent over $175 for a meal which was fine but nothing special and took over 90m to serve. We left hungry.

If they would lower the prices and speed up the service they would have made a lot more money from us as we would have come back every day of our vacation.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I just left this restaurant. I’m the ultimate food snob after being spoiled rotten by living in San Francisco and frequently dining at high-end restaurants there, in Napa, and around the works. I will return. The service was impeccable, food very high quality and fresh. The portions are small (or in my opinion the right size) but the food is very rich and flavorful so you don’t need to eat a lot. I had the garden salad, and eggplant dish with greens and a size of truffle Mac and cheese. Complete perfection. I have nothing to complain about, only to rave about and I will return in a few months for my next trip. Many compliments to the chef, sommelier, server and all the staff. Couldn’t have been more perfect.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Have stayed at Condado Vanderbilt a few times but this was our first trip to 1919. WOW!!! Starts with a beautiful setting in a great room that has a view of the ocean but you really don’t notice as you are so busy taking in everything going on in the restaurant and the presentations. The wait staff is one of the best we have ever encountered and we travel the world as I am a consultant for major upscale hotels. Two people had the 4 course tasting menu, one had Dorado, and I had the tuna.
Had a couple of great bottles of wine suggested by the sommelier. Had a couple of different deserts one which was Maracaibo chocolate mousse. CRAZY GOOD! The Michelin chef was incredibly good but so was everything else. I don’t know what else to say except if your not on a budget you must go.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

The extraordinary combination of food creates an extraordinary gastronomic experience. Service is excellent, table captains are beverage specialist, leverage your experience.

Date of visit: July 2018