“Place suites for young people”

and 1 more site!
Mont Caribe Guesthouse
Ranked #15 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We wanted to stay one week on a very cheap budget, so we chose Mont Caribe. Everything was ok, just need some updating. By the time of our stay they were renovating all the time so could be very good when they finish. Our room was very old fashioned, but we got balcony as we wished. There was only fridge and microwave in the kitchen, so quite hard to cook any breakfasts or so. Would have needed only stove and a sink. Owner Fernando was nice and helpful, and seemed to be very busy as well :) Could recommend Mont Caribe to backpackers.

Room Tip: 5, might be the only with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
MontCaribe, General Manager at Mont Caribe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My husband and I spent a few days here a few weeks ago, and I have to say that the place has a perfect location, very convenient to walk to almost everything, a few blocks from the beach, literally a 5 minute walk. The rooms were super clean and comfortable. The hospitality of the host was truly five stars, he even gave us a mini tour of the surrounding area, told us what places to visit, where to go for groceries, restaurants, etc.
We are definitively going back!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie D

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My mother and I visited Puerto Rico for the first time two weeks ago and I booked us a stay at Mont Caribe Guesthouse. Fernando was a wonderful host who made contact with us right from the airport to make sure the taxi driver was able to take us to the guesthouse. He showed us around the town and recommended various restaurants.

The room was very nice. We were given the double bed room that had a separate kitchen area and balcony. The room was clean and we were given some towels to use.

The location is also great because it is near the beaches but it is also around more local spots. I felt like I was interacting with puerto ricans more than tourists which was nice.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Second floor was great because we had a view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at mont caribe for a few nights, the place was very clean and very convenient to get to places, plus really close to the beach which is great (10 mins walking). Fernando was very helpful, also we really appreciate about the fact that we arrived around 4 am and he accommodated us without a problem. I definitely recommend this place, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Mr. Fernando was very helpful about getting to know the area. Since this was my first visit to San Juan. Welcomed me and my friend with open arms to San Juan. Mont Caribe is a cozy little place in a nice neighborhood in Ocean Park, San Juan. Are guest house was just right for two single guys. Very close to the beach and Mr.Fernando supplied me and my frend with whatever we needed to make sure we enjoyed are stay. Will definitely will be back soon. Thanks a lot Fernando for making my trip very memorable.

Sincerely, Mr.Fleming