“Excellent food & Bottomless mimosas, Yes please!”
Review of La Mala Vida

La Mala Vida
Ranked #755 of 1,074 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse, International, Puerto Rican
Reviewed 9 August 2017

First of all, the local is a beautiful old San Juan restored building, very cozy and nice. The food is pretty good I had the Bottomless mimosas menu which included a main dish with what you would call a "dessert", in my case a vegetable omelette and some delicious french toasts, yummy! Then there's the bottomless mimosas, there's a good variety, I had the lemonade, coconut, passionfruit and tamarind, all very tasty! It's a nice place very worth visiting!

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

I went with a few friends and when we got there the manager couldn't tell us the wait time. After seating us the waitress seemed bothered by having to serve us. The food took more than 1 hour and was poorly made. My eggs bennedict had barely any sauce and when i asked the waitress she wanted to charge me for the extra sauce. We had to get the manager so he could bring us the sauce. The potatoes on the side where burnt and the table next to us had to cancel their order because after waiting 1 hour the same waitress brought them the wrong plate. The waitress and manager didn't care or apologize. Never going back!!!

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

I'm really sorry to write this review. As a local, 99% of the times that I go to a restaurant I support the locally-owned, although I think anyone that go out to pay in a restaurant deserves quality service and food.

We visited La Mala Vida for breakfast few days ago. It was not full at all, we seated and ask for the drinks. They didn't had half of the offerings, no mojitos, no beers. Okkk, busy night? Maybe. When the drinks arrived, my bestfriend glass had pinky lipstick all around it!! Yuck! The waiter was really sorry and changed it. We ordered some tacos and egg benetics, tacos were not good and my eggs arrived wrongly prepared twice. After the last try, I decided not to eat them.

Apparently the cooks and bartender didn't wanted to work that day but everyday and every table is important. I prefer to spend my money in a place that really want me to be there and in Puerto Rico there are a lot of them.

1  Thank sbrri
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

They had a great food and the place is very nice, we was a brunch and they had an special with unlimited mimosa that was a plus.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I went to Mala Vida with my friends for a sunday brunch! The waitress was really bad. The wait line was so long, they do not even have seats for waiting. It really disapoints me! I know they can do it better.