“Compact cafe!”

Ranked #212 of 1,114 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Healthy, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Mavi is a small food cafe and Bar located at Calle San Francisco in Old San Juan. We offers Old San Juan's best baked empanadas. Our menu also consist of Wraps, Vegetables and Fruit Salads, Hummus bowls, Sandwiches and Local Pastries; With great variety of brewages such as Pina Coladas, Fruits and Rum Smoothies and our house specialty Frozen Mojitos. Also come visit our cozy bar area were we serve Mavi cocktails and any of your favorite drinks. At night time try our delicious food prepare by Chef Carlos Irizarry. Visiting Old San Juan in the weekend? Come try our delicious Brunch from 9am to 2pm. If you're visiting Old San Juan stop by Mavi and enjoy a great meal at a great prize!
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Chanced upon Mavi while walking around the old town. Friendly service and great care taken in making our cappuccinos. There is a small mezzanine area accessed via a staircase at the front of the shop where there are a couple of tables and chairs and a few bar stools.

Seemed a popular place for the locals, always a good indicator for us tourists!

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for empanadas while in Old San Juan. We bought one beef and one chicken. They were both outstanding. We took them back to our hotel and heated them up. Stop by, you will be glad you did.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We tried the chicken, spinach, and turkey empanadas. Yummy!!! We attempted to return on a Sunday for lunch but they were closed. My husband loved the turkey. It was really good. I liked the chicken. Great deal of 1 empanada and a beer for $5. Good deal.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My kids and I wandered into this place while in search of some place cheap to eat on a budget. It's cute and clean we ordered beef empanadas. It was baked in a fancy style dough. Service was great friendly. Ordered some sodas and went to sit in nearby Plaza Colon. We began to eat them and wondered why they were so sweet tasting?? Lol! They put raisins in them!! Who does that?? The meat itself bland a few olives but that was it. Having a Caribbean & Hispanic heritage I know my empanadas. This was the weirdest version ever. Perhaps they have better tasting items to order from.

Service 10+
Beef Empanadas 0

Reviewed 9 June 2017

This place suffers from poor layout. The shop is small. However, it's made even smaller by the fact that the space is poorly utilized. There's often bad congestion no matter what you're getting. I've enjoyed their food and drinks. I often go here, but during non-peak hours. Otherwise I'll be bumping into people trying to order or waiting for an order. All in all, if you're not bothered by the congestion and being so close to another person, this is a Good Place to Eat, Get Good Coffee, and Frozen Drinks. There is table space on the second level, so you don't have to worry about where to sit. Hope this helps! Cheers.